Dow Jones Research Editor Interview Questions

2.7

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter a week later. I interviewed with the recruiter for about 25 minutes and she set up a phone interview with the appropriate people for the following week. My phone interview seemed to go well and at the end, they asked if I would be willing or able to come into their office for an in-person interview in the next week or two. I said yes and they said they would be in touch. It's been 4+ weeks now and not a word. No response to my email from their recruiter either. While I recognize that HR employees are busy, it's unprofessional to leave candidates hanging for weeks without any update. A 'no' is always appreciated over silence. I know it's an employers market out there right now but being disrespectful to your candidates reflects poorly on the company and will hinder your ability in the future to attract top talent.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were pretty typical, nothing unexpected or difficult.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Research Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Submitted application online and was contacted by a recruiter about 1 week later to set up a phone interview. Had an informal talk with the recruiter about the position, stuff on my resume, etc. At the end of the interview she said she'd like to set up a phone interview with the team. Had the phone interview with the team 2 weeks later and at the end they invited me for an in person interview at the office. I went to the office interview 1 week later. This interview consisted of an in person interview with 2 members of the team where they asked basic questions about my background and why I was interested in the position. There was then a written test with a research assignment. Offered the position one week later.

Interview Questions

• What makes you better qualified than the other applicants?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Interview

after a week of submitting application form through the online. I get the phone called from the company and set up the conference interview. Since, I went back to my home country.. There are three sections of interview's process (Asking personal detail, giving scenario, research test) . Total time spend approximately 3 hours including test

Ps, the questions for interview are very general and follow the logic...
    I did not get this job but they are very professional to inform after your following up email.

Interview Questions

• How you going to cope with the high volume of information?   Answer Question

Research Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones (Singapore (Singapore)) in April 2013.

Interview

I have been set up a conference interview instead of go to company office since I come back my hometown. Interview was 1h30m long which questions are quite simple, more focus on working skill than working attitude and how to handle workload, also how to handle with drama and co-worker. A lot of Tell me the time when you are ... question :)