Dow Jones

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Coordinator Interview

Sales Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Jones in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online in Feb 2011 to the Integrated Ad Sales Track Program. I was contacted 2 months later by email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was all business - typical interview questions. After about 15 minutes, the recruiter told me she'd like me to continue with the next step, a "virtual" interview (which was a new thing for DJ). The virtual interview was 7 typical interview questions. I had 30 seconds to read each question and prepare an answer, then up to 3 minutes to answer. After that, I was supposed to hear back within 2 weeks about the next step. It took about 3.5 weeks until they got back to me. Then I was invited to NY for a 2-day event in early June (DJ pays for flight, taxis, hotel, meals). There were 27 candidates invited competing for 4-6 coordinator openings. The first day was for mingling and meeting people and learning more about the position and the company. The second day consisted of 5 interviews, 30 minutes each, with different members of the WSJ org. Each person was mostly informal and relaxed about the process, but asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite recent ad campaign or one that has stood out?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to go into sales?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked in a group on a project and what the outcome was?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Jones

Worked for Dow Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Jones Sales Coordinator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Jones employees and interview candidates.