Dow Jones

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones in June 2011.

I applied online in Feb 2011 to the Integrated Ad Sales Track Program. I was contacted 2 months later by email to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was all business - typical interview questions. After about 15 minutes, the recruiter told me she'd like me to continue with the next step, a "virtual" interview (which was a new thing for DJ). The virtual interview was 7 typical interview questions. I had 30 seconds to read each question and prepare an answer, then up to 3 minutes to answer. After that, I was supposed to hear back within 2 weeks about the next step. It took about 3.5 weeks until they got back to me. Then I was invited to NY for a 2-day event in early June (DJ pays for flight, taxis, hotel, meals). There were 27 candidates invited competing for 4-6 coordinator openings. The first day was for mingling and meeting people and learning more about the position and the company. The second day consisted of 5 interviews, 30 minutes each, with different members of the WSJ org. Each person was mostly informal and relaxed about the process, but asked typical interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite recent ad campaign or one that has stood out?   View Answer
  • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to go into sales?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you worked in a group on a project and what the outcome was?   Answer Question