Dow Jones

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in February 2010.

I learned about the position through a business contact and had an opportunity to speak with the hiring manager over the phone and learn more about the role. Two weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview with HR and two peers from the team, each interview was 1:1.
- HR: very informal, let me ask all the questions. Spoke a lot about the company culture and how it still has a small company feel to it
- Peers: both interviews were around what I have done at previous jobs that was relevant for the position and some strategic thinking around trends in the industry and where I see the best opportunities in the future.

Did not get to round 2; they hired somebody who had previously worked at DJ

Interview Questions
  • Have you worked on structuring deals in your previous jobs   Answer Question