Dow Jones

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Business Development Manager Interview

Senior Business Development Manager
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Jones in February 2010.

Interview Details – I learned about the position through a business contact and had an opportunity to speak with the hiring manager over the phone and learn more about the role. Two weeks later, I was invited for an in-person interview with HR and two peers from the team, each interview was 1:1.
- HR: very informal, let me ask all the questions. Spoke a lot about the company culture and how it still has a small company feel to it
- Peers: both interviews were around what I have done at previous jobs that was relevant for the position and some strategic thinking around trends in the industry and where I see the best opportunities in the future.

Did not get to round 2; they hired somebody who had previously worked at DJ

Interview Question – Have you worked on structuring deals in your previous jobs   Answer Question

Worked for Dow Jones? Contribute to the Community!