Dow Jones

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Ithaca, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dow Jones in September 2013.

Interview Details – Very nice - I was interviewed by two interviewers who asked me technical questions (I studied up on finance before it but they only asked technical questions) They asked me to go through my resume and asked about a few things and I gave them a demo of some of the sites I worked on. They asked me a few pretty simple algorithm questions - how to find the missing number in a consecutive sequence missing one number. The algorithms were very simple and I thought they were a bit easily impressed. They also asked a few non-algorithmic programming question which I did not know but it was easy to talk myself out of it. Great interview overall - they make you feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Question – How does instant chat work? How is it implemented?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I have not decided yet actually. waiting to hear back form a few other places

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Jones in September 2013.

Interview Details – submit resume during campus career fair, got a campus interview on the second day, 30 minutes' talk and 15 minutes' coding test.

Interview Question – major principals of OOP   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Jones

Worked for Dow Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Jones Software Developer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Jones employees and interview candidates.