Dow Jones Technical Architect Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  South Brunswick Terrace, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Brunswick Terrace, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Jones in May 2012.

The HR group seems be fairly well run. They were not perfect but generally speaking they did return calls and were good about getting information to you for your interview. Everyone was also very professional and you did get a sense that people did work well together from what I could see which is a plus. The interviewing manager was courteous too and asked pertinent questions to the job position and asked about my personal situation without seeming to pry for the wrong reasons.

Interview Questions
  • How I would feel about working long hours. I do feel in some ways that is expected especially for a new employee trying to prove himself but I do get a sense that the new CEO is expecting a lot from everyone good, bad or indifferent. FYI, the job I was applying for wasn't the type you would expect to have to work extremely long hours for but I got the feeling that it would be expected because the new management wanted it that way.   Answer Question

I had another company that I was a little more interested in plus I did see that Dow Jones was getting a lot of bad reviews by current and former employees on this site. Lastly, I felt that I could do better in the salary department. Dow Jones was paying what was in my opinion a little below market rate even for this current economy.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Technical Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Jones.

Contacted by email first, exchanged with a few emails, took an online interview where coding test played the majority role. The questions were very difficult for non-top-coders. Completed the first question with great difficulty, then failed at the second one. It should be a genuine position for professional programmers and I have a lot of respect for that.

Interview Questions
    • Why is your solution better than others would think of   View Answer

Worked for Dow Jones? Contribute to the Community!