Dr. Fresh Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dr. Fresh

Legal Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buena Park, CA

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dr. Fresh (Buena Park, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was very specific. I was asked questions regarding my skills sets. There were specific questions about my ability to perform my tasks as a legal manager such as knoweledge of Intellectual Property, Employment law, Licensing, Contracts etc. I was asked about my salary requirements. The interview was conducted by teh CEO and COO and they both asked similar questions.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing in particular because it was all related to my field. I was very aware of the questions. They were very practical about it. Nothing tricky.   Answer Question

Negotiation

If you are true match to the vacancy or position that is being offered to you, then you can be honest about your expectations.

Marketing Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buena Park, CA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dr. Fresh (Buena Park, CA) in November 2009.

Interview

This interview was arranged through a recruiter who contacted me through LinkedIn.

It took 2 months form first contact to actual interview, the job description was short and still somewhat 'open.' At the time of the interview the CEO (Puneet Nanda who prefers being called "Dr. Fresh" -- believe it or not) was not at the office. On short notice, the VP Sales was called in to talk to me and we had a constructive conversation, during which he described the position and provided additional detail (budget, branding, sales support, etc.). The occasional awkward pause due to him having to read my resume was not an issue.

Then, an hour late, the CEO showed up (weak excuse, didn't feel like he meant it and/or cared much) and proceeded to describe a very different position -- one for which a marketing title made no sense. He also had not looked at the recruiter's briefing and/or my resume and clearly scrambled to read the resume -- all the while not listening to me, at all. He latched on to two words on the resume and never let go, rambling about a potential consulting contract in the future (his way to work around the recruiter fee, I suppose).

Together with the clearly subdued atmosphere in the office (employees had to scan their fingerprints to sign in and out when they arrived or left), this made for a weird interview experience -- to say the least. I also talked to a former employee and, while the content of that conversation is confidential, I cannot recommend this employer based on the interview process and the way they presented themselves. (They also told the recruiter this is a new position -- while I did find out they had previously hired two people for that position, both of which left within 3 months.)

Needles to say I subsequently called the recruiter, described what happened and let her know I will not pursue this 'opportunity.' Not her fault, obviously.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dr. Fresh in January 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with the company on 3 separate occasions over a period of 4 weeks. All the interviews were with Dr Fresh and a sales manager. Unfortunately, the company did not have a job description and was vague on the details.

Scheduling for the phone interview was haphazard at best. An actual face to face interview was scheduled after the 3 phone interviews and but was canceled last minute for some unknown reason and never rescheduled. The assistant never got back to me or Dr Fresh after multiple phone messages.

My impression was Dr Fresh was only interested in gaining information on its competitors in the industry and not about actually filling a new position. This “ruse” was very unprofessional and wasted the recruiters and my time. Originally, I was hesitant in talking with the company before hand based on their reputation in the industry but decided to judge for myself. The rumors were correct.

The company has great branded and private label products but really needs to reexamine how they interview & treat potential candidates.

Interview Questions

• There were no real questions about your skill sets only questions about sensitive, confidential questions on another company.   1 Answer