Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Updated Aug 8, 2014
Updated Aug 8, 2014

2.8

Quality Lab Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in April 2014.

The interview process can be daunting at first because you face a panel of three supervisors, but it gets easy once you figure out what they are looking for. They were mostly standard questions like "What is your weakness?", "How would you resolve a scenario where your falling behind and have urgent things to get done?", etc. There were several scenario situations. So be prepared for those. If you have ever worked as a QA before, its all scenarios that you face on almost a daily basis so that's why I say it gets easier once you figure out what they want. They called within a week after the interview to inform me of their decision.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when your running behind time, have something urgent to test, which then fails the tests?   Answer Question
    Sadly there wasn't much of a negotiation. They give you a set offer based on what the QA dept is paying and its up to you to accept or decline.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in December 2013.

I received a call, forwarded my resume to an agency who then forwarded it on to the employer. Everything was simple and straight forward. I then received a call confirming the interview. I then went to the interview. I called after the interview was over to provide a summary.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2011.

Panel interview style with 2-3 people from senior marketing executives. Interview process was relatively fast and they reached out with the decision within 7 days. Behavioral questions. They ask question about your experience and resume stories. Very friendly group. Highly recommended company.

Interview Questions
    • What has been your most challenging experience and why?   View Answer
    No much leverage

Anonymous Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

They call for resumes. After about 1 or 2 weeks from the deadline they send an e-mail informing you if they'd like to set up and interview when they are in town. Interview time is set up and held with 3 interviewers. Interview is both personality and technical. An ingredient functionality question is usually asked. Another technical question I had was about the things to consider when estimating shelf life of a new flavor of Hawaiian punch. Interview is about 25 min. They contact with offer about 2 weeks after interview.

Interview Questions
    • Reading ingredients on a yoo-hoo box. I had prepared for snapple but not a yoo-hoo and there were a few ingredients I didn't know functionality for. Also, they gave a presentation the night before to students which I missed. When I got to ask questions one of the interviews condescendingly informed me they answered the question the night before.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Be prepared to get interviewed by a panel of current Sales and District Managers. Corporate questions and scenarios will be asked frequently. One must use previous experience or pretend situations to answer these questions fully. Interview last usually between 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Describe an instant where there was a problem at work and you had to solve it immediately. What actions did you take to help overcome the problem>   Answer Question
    Pay structure was already brought to my attention prior to interview.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2010.

Well first I filled out the online application and got a call the next day
    I was told the rate of pay and if I would find that acceptable so I said that it was.
    I was scheduled for an interview at the warehouse.
    The initial face to face was really straight-forward.
    A few questions about myself and my experience.
    It felt like I had impressed the warehouse manager.
    Though I left feeling unaccomplished.
    Got the phone call two days later with a job offer.

Non-negotiable.

Forklift Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

It was fairly simple, just as any other interview. I came in, was asked to tell a little about myself, was given the chance to ask more about the job and the history of the company, and was told more details about the job description.

Supply Chain Production Planner Interview

It takes a long time to have the interviews scheduled. Human Resources should be more proactive

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2014.

Interview on site with hiring managers. Received offer the next day.

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Paw Paw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paw Paw, MI

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in September 2013.

-Initial contact from individual in Human Resource department explaining basic job demands and structure to determine if applicant is interested in position; If interested proceed to schedule in-person interview and provide further details (location, time, and interviewer)
    -In-person interview (typically at regional distribution center conducted by facility manager)
    -Recommend dressing business appropriate (Dress pants, Dress Shirt, and Tie) to look professional and gain valuable first impression; Majority of people interviewing for merchandising position will show up in street clothes so dressing nice helps make you stand-out
    -If possible bring resume to help simplify process (previous background of employment discussions run smoother)
    -Important to follow up interview by emailing thank you letter to the manager who conducted interview (ask for business card at conclusion of interview)
    -Basic situational questions
    -Important to be personable (job requires decent amount of human interaction)
    -Interview is in casual laid-back setting allowing perspective employee to effectively display character
    -Employer is up front with demands of job
    -Employer happy to point out negative aspects of job
    -Typically notified 3-5 (business) days after interview was conducted regarding whether company plans to hire you

-Upon receiving notification of intent to hire you they provide you with an email containing two links
         1.) Drug Test: Regarding directions/steps to schedule drug test (Urine test/sample) within 48-72 hours (upon receiving email) at one of the multiple certified locations (allows for individual to pick most convenient time and location to obtain urine sample)
         2.) Background Screening: explains how to provide the necessary info to conduct background screening (third-party)

-Typically within 5 days (of urine sample collection) HR department will contact you to notify the individual they successfully passed drug test and background screening to provide information regarding an orientation date at regional distribution center in order to fill out paperwork and walk through warehouse (paid orientation)
    -During orientation you'll be assigned to train with an experienced merchandiser that's currently working the route they intend to assign to you (gain familiarity with store managers and product structure)
    -Training period usually last 7-14 shifts (training period is awesome due to the fact two employees are being paid to complete the work load typically assigned to single merchandiser). Training is extremely important to learn valuable procedural methods and tricks to expedite the process

-After training it can seem overwhelming for the first couple shifts done alone however, after awhile you'll get the hang of it and reduce the shift duration

Interview Questions
    • 1.) Explain a situation which you had a goal that was not met; explain how you went about process after failing to meet goal and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    -Negotiated schedule to work around my college course load.
    -Able to negotiate more shifts when schedule allowed

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!