Dr Pepper Snapple Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015
Updated Mar 4, 2015

2.7

Human Resources Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

They conducted a phone interview first. Second step was face to face interview with HR team. Third interview was face to face with team the position would be supporting. Final step was a telephonic evaluation from a third party.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of behavioral interview questions - Tell me of a mistake you made and what did you do to address it?   Answer Question

I received an offer from another company - opportunity to work with a former boss.

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Interview was pretty standard. Asking mainly behavior questions. Very standard. Slow to hire.

Interview Questions
    • No very difficult questions. Mainly standard behavioral questions.   Answer Question
    None, offer only.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2014.

Interview on site with hiring managers. Received offer the next day.

Quality Assurance Technician Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2014.

I got the interview through a hiring agency. After applying for the job on CareerBuilder, within a week I was asked to come in to fill out some more paperwork to complete the interview process (W2, select my benefits). After a few more days, the hiring agency called me again to schedule an interview after the hiring manager at Dr. Pepper decided he was interested in meeting with me.

The interview itself was not difficult. They had a panel interviewing me, but the interviewers were very approachable and easy to talk to, though I could tell they were taking the interview very seriously. They started out by going through my resume and asking specific questions about each item on there. They then went around and asked whatever individual questions they had, such as how I heard about the job, what kind of learner I was, what my availability would be, had I ever worked second or third shift. There were also some behavioral questions, like had I ever had a conflict with another co-worker, had I ever encountered a safety issue at work, and to name a time when I was left to manage my own time.

The entire interview lasted about 45 minutes. I asked them what the next steps would be, and they said they had several more people to interview, but they would get back to me sometime in the next two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you were left to manage your own time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Applied online and 5 day later got a phone call. They asked me simple questions like if I had a reliable transportation, if I could lift certain lbs with no problem. They send me to an interview at the plant. It was a group interview, they asked about my past experience and why I wanted to be part of the company. At some point they ran out of questions. It seems that these positions are not really important to them, they just want to get a person to do the job.

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question, in fact I asked about how the overtime was paid and they gave me an ambiguous response.   View Answer
    No negotiation, they don't really explain the overtime pay rate. They just tell you that they pay 105 daily

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in December 2013.

I received a call, forwarded my resume to an agency who then forwarded it on to the employer. Everything was simple and straight forward. I then received a call confirming the interview. I then went to the interview. I called after the interview was over to provide a summary.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamson, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Williamson, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in November 2013.

It was a very good process. I first had a phone interview with HR out of Plano. Then the following week I interview at the plant with the hiring manager and HR rep. Easy questions, nice, very likable people and an interesting conversation

Interview Questions
    • There were no real hard questions just the standards. The hiring manager asked me would you should do with a impaired asset.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paw Paw, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paw Paw, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in September 2013.

-Initial contact from individual in Human Resource department explaining basic job demands and structure to determine if applicant is interested in position; If interested proceed to schedule in-person interview and provide further details (location, time, and interviewer)
    -In-person interview (typically at regional distribution center conducted by facility manager)
    -Recommend dressing business appropriate (Dress pants, Dress Shirt, and Tie) to look professional and gain valuable first impression; Majority of people interviewing for merchandising position will show up in street clothes so dressing nice helps make you stand-out
    -If possible bring resume to help simplify process (previous background of employment discussions run smoother)
    -Important to follow up interview by emailing thank you letter to the manager who conducted interview (ask for business card at conclusion of interview)
    -Basic situational questions
    -Important to be personable (job requires decent amount of human interaction)
    -Interview is in casual laid-back setting allowing perspective employee to effectively display character
    -Employer is up front with demands of job
    -Employer happy to point out negative aspects of job
    -Typically notified 3-5 (business) days after interview was conducted regarding whether company plans to hire you

-Upon receiving notification of intent to hire you they provide you with an email containing two links
         1.) Drug Test: Regarding directions/steps to schedule drug test (Urine test/sample) within 48-72 hours (upon receiving email) at one of the multiple certified locations (allows for individual to pick most convenient time and location to obtain urine sample)
         2.) Background Screening: explains how to provide the necessary info to conduct background screening (third-party)

-Typically within 5 days (of urine sample collection) HR department will contact you to notify the individual they successfully passed drug test and background screening to provide information regarding an orientation date at regional distribution center in order to fill out paperwork and walk through warehouse (paid orientation)
    -During orientation you'll be assigned to train with an experienced merchandiser that's currently working the route they intend to assign to you (gain familiarity with store managers and product structure)
    -Training period usually last 7-14 shifts (training period is awesome due to the fact two employees are being paid to complete the work load typically assigned to single merchandiser). Training is extremely important to learn valuable procedural methods and tricks to expedite the process

-After training it can seem overwhelming for the first couple shifts done alone however, after awhile you'll get the hang of it and reduce the shift duration

Interview Questions
    • 1.) Explain a situation which you had a goal that was not met; explain how you went about process after failing to meet goal and what was the outcome?   View Answer
    -Negotiated schedule to work around my college course load.
    -Able to negotiate more shifts when schedule allowed

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in August 2013.

1 on 1 interview with supervisor. Was pretty basic. Me and the guy got along well so things went smoothly, was pretty informal. Currently at the end of the hiring process. Drug test, Background check (accurate background).

No negotiations really.. Offer is contingent on passing background/drug test

Quality Control Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

3 person interview

Interview Questions
    • What was your most rewarding experince at a job?   View Answer