Dr Pepper Snapple Group

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Well first I filled out the online application and got a call the next day
I was told the rate of pay and if I would find that acceptable so I said that it was.
I was scheduled for an interview at the warehouse.
The initial face to face was really straight-forward.
A few questions about myself and my experience.
It felt like I had impressed the warehouse manager.
Though I left feeling unaccomplished.
Got the phone call two days later with a job offer.

Interview Question – Actually there was none. The questions were easy.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Paw Paw, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – -Initial contact from individual in Human Resource department explaining basic job demands and structure to determine if applicant is interested in position; If interested proceed to schedule in-person interview and provide further details (location, time, and interviewer)
-In-person interview (typically at regional distribution center conducted by facility manager)
-Recommend dressing business appropriate (Dress pants, Dress Shirt, and Tie) to look professional and gain valuable first impression; Majority of people interviewing for merchandising position will show up in street clothes so dressing nice helps make you stand-out
-If possible bring resume to help simplify process (previous background of employment discussions run smoother)
-Important to follow up interview by emailing thank you letter to the manager who conducted interview (ask for business card at conclusion of interview)
-Basic situational questions
-Important to be personable (job requires decent amount of human interaction)
-Interview is in casual laid-back setting allowing perspective employee to effectively display character
-Employer is up front with demands of job
-Employer happy to point out negative aspects of job
-Typically notified 3-5 (business) days after interview was conducted regarding whether company plans to hire you

-Upon receiving notification of intent to hire you they provide you with an email containing two links
     1.) Drug Test: Regarding directions/steps to schedule drug test (Urine test/sample) within 48-72 hours (upon receiving email) at one of the multiple certified locations (allows for individual to pick most convenient time and location to obtain urine sample)
     2.) Background Screening: explains how to provide the necessary info to conduct background screening (third-party)

-Typically within 5 days (of urine sample collection) HR department will contact you to notify the individual they successfully passed drug test and background screening to provide information regarding an orientation date at regional distribution center in order to fill out paperwork and walk through warehouse (paid orientation)
-During orientation you'll be assigned to train with an experienced merchandiser that's currently working the route they intend to assign to you (gain familiarity with store managers and product structure)
-Training period usually last 7-14 shifts (training period is awesome due to the fact two employees are being paid to complete the work load typically assigned to single merchandiser). Training is extremely important to learn valuable procedural methods and tricks to expedite the process

-After training it can seem overwhelming for the first couple shifts done alone however, after awhile you'll get the hang of it and reduce the shift duration

Interview Question – 1.) Explain a situation which you had a goal that was not met; explain how you went about process after failing to meet goal and what was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – -Negotiated schedule to work around my college course load.
-Able to negotiate more shifts when schedule allowed

Spokane, WA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in June 2012.

Interview Details – Submit application online. Go to the plant and you will be interviewed by one of the managers. He will then get back to you about whether or not you are hired, after doing a mandatory physical and drug test.

Interview Question – It was mostly about your ability to lift heavy objects and to work efficiently. Not really anything out of the normal.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Because it was seasonal work it was pretty much straightforward on their part.

Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Interview Details – Applied online and 5 day later got a phone call. They asked me simple questions like if I had a reliable transportation, if I could lift certain lbs with no problem. They send me to an interview at the plant. It was a group interview, they asked about my past experience and why I wanted to be part of the company. At some point they ran out of questions. It seems that these positions are not really important to them, they just want to get a person to do the job.

Interview Question – There was no difficult question, in fact I asked about how the overtime was paid and they gave me an ambiguous response.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they don't really explain the overtime pay rate. They just tell you that they pay 105 daily

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – 1 on 1 interview with supervisor. Was pretty basic. Me and the guy got along well so things went smoothly, was pretty informal. Currently at the end of the hiring process. Drug test, Background check (accurate background).

Negotiation Details – No negotiations really.. Offer is contingent on passing background/drug test

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group.

Interview Details – basic interview took less than half hour...if they hire you take drug screen background check etc. the whole process took less than a week.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Merchandiser

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in March 2008.

Interview Details – I was hired by answering a few general questions about myself. He called me back I spent the day with his full time merchandiser to see if I was able to do the job and show me what was involved in the job as well. I was hired the following week.

Interview Question – not too many questions were asked. it was pretty straight forward. I was asked if i could lift 10+lbs, had i ever used a jack, forklift, stacking machines, if I was willing to drive around to get to different locations and if I was able to get up early and sometimes be able to work odd hours.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was none, he said he was paying 8$ an hour during my training and after my training there will be a pay increase and more increases as time comes.

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – HR contacts you then you are sent to the hiring manager for a 1 on 1...pretty basic

Interview Question – What is your work history   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – n/a

Merchandiser

The process took a day - interviewed at Dr Pepper Snapple Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – One face-to-face interview, followed by background check and drug test.

Interview Question – How well do you handle working in a structured environment?   Answer Question

Worked for Dr Pepper Snapple Group? Contribute to the Community!