DrChrono

Relevance Date Difficulty

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DrChrono.

Interview Details – My experience was similar to that of others. I returned to a text from the COO asking for a phone interview within the next two days. After that interview (which lasted about 5 minutes), I was asked if I could fly out for an interview within 2 weeks. I managed to work it out and fly out on Friday morning. The whole process was disorganized, from who would be interviewing me to who was actually in the office, and why I was only staying for the day and not the weekend to get a feel for the city (I was not given that option once the flight arrangements started taking place). I got along with everyone there, I met with the VP of sales, VP of Implementation/Customer Service, the CEO, other implementation specialists, and sales members. At the end of the day I had a wrap up interview with who would have been my manager (the VP of Implementation/Customer service), we discussed salary and when I could start saying that I had the job and they needed to come up with an offer and I would be hearing from them on Tuesday (next week). Tuesday rolled around and I never heard anything, so I followed up with the manager--he said that the CEO was supposed to call me but got busy and he would contact him again. I waited until Friday and heard nothing so contacted him again, this time they said Tuesday the CEO would call me. The following Tuesday rolled around and still nothing. I sent a final email on Friday (now 3 weeks out from my interview) basically stating that I was puzzled and frankly discouraged that the process had not moved forward from this state based on the positive feedback I had received in person. I never heard back. I am truly quite shocked. I felt like this would have been an awesome place to work and I had a ton of experience and creativity to bring to the team but this company was so disorganized and had such poor follow through that they lost out on an employee (and this honestly makes me worried about what their customers must go through). I would frankly be amazed if they reached out past this point based on the other reviews and my experiences.

Interview Question – Write a letter to someone that you cannot see anymore, trying to comfort them through this time.   View Answer

Meaningful Use Specialist Interview

Meaningful Use Specialist
Mountain View, CA

I applied online - interviewed at DrChrono in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by one of the founders for an informal phone interview. After the phone interview I was invited to do an in person interview in Mountain View about a week later.
The company was very accommodating to my trip and extremely friendly and welcoming.
I was scheduled to meet with all the implementation staff and founders. The process was not well organized and most of the interviewers were not prepared with relevant questions nor had they looked at my resume prior to the interview.
I had a great lunch meeting with the founder and we discussed some of the challenges and opportunities in the EHR space. From our discussion and the areas he highlighted having a need for, my background and knowledge were an excellent fit (and I was told this).
I then had an interview with the other founder but that was interrupted a few times and was cut short because he had another candidate doing an in-person interview that he wanted to meet with before the day was over.
I came back the next day to have lunch with the team and meet with one more implementation specialists.
Everyone was very nice and very excited about their mission but there was a clear need for more senior staff with industry and regulatory knowledge.
My interview ended on a very positive note and I got great feedback from everyone I met with and was told I should hear back from them within a week.
2 weeks went by and I followed up with both founders to check-in and express my interest--no reply.
4 weeks went by and I followed up with both founders and one of the lead implementation specialists--no reply from the founders and my email to the lead implementation specialist was returned because that person was no longer employed.
My in-person interview was in Sept and as of Dec, I have never heard back from them.
It was disappointing not to receive any feedback. Even a quick email that said, "thanks, but no thanks" would have been sufficient and the professional way to handle an interview.
I saw a lot of potential in this company but they certainly need to solidify their hiring process and aim to be more responsive to candidates.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions but a lot of discussion about EHR adoption and creative ways to increase adoption and usage.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Implementation Specialist Interview

Implementation Specialist
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DrChrono in November 2013.

Interview Details – I have had some bad interview experiences, but this was BY FAR THE WORST. One day I woke up with a text & email from Daniel, the cofounder, saying he wanted to interview right away (this was on Thanksgiving Day by the way.) At the time we were scheduled to interview, Daniel texted me and said he was too busy and would call later. I gave him another hour and gave up. Then, about 3 hours later, he finally called. Completely disrespectful and rude behavior from a professional. After taking time away from my family on holiday to interview with him, he then asked me to create a 5 minute video about the software and answer his 5+ essay questions by the next day. I completed that and had a second interview with Saad within a couple of days. It has been 3 weeks now and they refuse to respond to me completely. HORRIBLE company. HORRIBLE interview process. No respect for others. Never would have accepted a job with these idiots.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at DrChrono in June 2013.

Interview Details – applied online, received an email about the hacker test. I took the hacker test about a month later and seemed to pass okay, was then contacted by head engineer and scheduled a phone interview with him. thought the phone interview went well, but then rejected few days later in email

Interview Question – What was challenging about learning javascript framework backbone?   View Answer

Software Engineer (Ios Developer) Interview

Software Engineer (Ios Developer)
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DrChrono in May 2013.

Interview Details – To join DrChrono as a developer, you first have to take a 1h40min programming test online. It uses several questions, which you solve by programming in one of several offered languages, then compile and test. High scores get contacted by the company.

After being contacted, they bring you in to do a "hackathon," regardless of which type of position. This is to let them know your skills and let you know how you can work with them. The hackathon lasts 3 days, with you basically experiencing what working there is like. They were very upfront that this does not guarantee a job there.

Interview Question – For iOS, the hackathon involves adding features to a code based compiled from previous interviewees. The unexpected part of this was finding that this was the app that got released to the public.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DrChrono in February 2012.

Interview Details – First of all I found online test on there official webpage. It was not very difficult but it was interesting to perform it. It is enough time to complete 5 of 5 tasks in that test.

After one month passed I received email from COO that they liked my test results and would like me to come to there HQ (several rented apartments in Silicon Valley) to pass onsite interview. I came there. They were very friendly and I got a very large task and it was really challenging to do it in that period of time. But I did it successfully and got offer.

Interview Question – There were no real questions. I had large task that I had to solve in short period of time (several days).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to raise the salary a little bit (5%).

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Mountain View, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DrChrono in January 2012.

Interview Details – I completed DrChrono's online test, run by InterviewStreet, and was contacted by one of the founders a couple weeks later. We had a short phone call (not an interview AFAICT) at the end of which he offered to fly me out to Mountain View for a few days to meet the team.

I accepted and spent 3 or maybe 4 days there, met everyone on the team, and worked on a (mostly) self-contained feature they wanted to add to the product. At the end of my stay we did a code review and then had drinks.

Overall it was a very enjoyable experience, my only complaint would be that I didn't have a chance to explore the area.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything particularly difficult or unexpected. The online test gives you enough time to prepare an elegant solution to show off your programming skills, and the in-person stuff was just like actually working. I know a 3-day test-drive is not feasible for every company or applicant, but I wish more companies would experiment with this interview model.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I decided that I really wanted to get a Masters (possibly a PhD) before joining the workforce, entirely unrelated to the company.

Worked for DrChrono? Contribute to the Community!