DrFirst

28 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening is done by recruiter. Later on, I was invited to their office for on-site interview. I went through three rounds of interview with different management teams. It were no break in between. You might have to request water or restroom break. First was the technical manager to test my technical background and knowledge. He was very through. Second round was the VP for behavioral interview. Third around was from Project management team for more behavioral and problem solving questions. I ran into their CEO & CMO in the hall way.

Interview Question – There was a standard I used several years ago. It came up during the interview. I was not prepared for that.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
Rockville, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DrFirst in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was both lengthy and extensive. For my initial hire, and both promotions, I had multiple interviews. The interview process for the promotions lasted a very long time from date of application to date of job offer.

Interview Question – How can you solve our department's problems?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short and to the point

Intern Interview

Intern
Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – Initial interview was with HR specialist where basic, lower-level technical questions were asked.
Next a phone interview with a development team member that was more detailed and technically oriented.
In person interviews happened with a direct manager, a development team member the head of development, and the company president. These interviews concentrated on problem solving, team work, background experiences, and they lasted about 5 hours total.

Interview Question – Given a pie and a cutter, whats the most number of pieces that can be created with X slices? Explain your answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – 2 Phone Interviews and then Onsite. Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. Very pleasant and comfortable in person interview.

Interview Question – general questions were asked   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – One of the most stupid interviewer, he happened to a manager and the questions were like a rapid fire round, did not give me time to retrospect. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire or they just so happened to interview me to get a feel of how they conduct there interview. To make matters even worse the recruiter did not even get back with the feedback despite mailing him and sending repeated reminders. What a shame!

Interview Question – A typical question everyone usually asks "why should i hire you?" but it should be in a polite manner. Sorry folks in that company did not even know how to ask that   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Rockville, MD

Interview Details – Phone interview first, and onsite interview. A standard IQ tester is required before the technical onsite interview. Could be another CEO interview for final knock down.

Interview Question – Some JEE questions and Algorithm test.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Testing Interview

Quality Assurance Testing
Rockville, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – First there was a preliminary interview with the senior recruiter. He was extremely friendly and I had a great 20 minute conversation with him. The interview consists of many standard questions (walk through your resume, why are you leaving your company, salary requirements, what automated testing tools you are familiar with, what languages you are familiar with).

After the interview, he asked me if I would be available for a phone interview with the head of the QA team. This interview was curt and the interviewer was unfriendly and a bit rude. The interview lasted a total of 3 minutes and 40 seconds. I figured it was just out of courtesy sake. Two weeks later I get a call from the senior recruiter asking me for another phone interview with the CEO or head of Engineering. He gave me a two hour window in which they could call. I never got a call.
This company is extremely unprofessional and I will be disregarding any new communication.

Interview Question – The interviewers will give you an example scenario in which to make test cases. There is a vending machine, give me 10 test cases.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Marketing Department Interview

Marketing Department
Rockville, MD

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DrFirst.

Interview Details – Before anyone explained or welcomed me to the company, I was given an IQ test. Then afterwards I sat in a panel interview with three people. I was told a few days ahead of time that I'd be meeting with six people, so this was a change.

I was very put off by one of the three interviewers, who rolled her eyes at my answers and shook her head in disappointment at everything I said. She told me it was my fault for my prior company's problems and she criticized me for taking time off from working six years ago to spend time with a baby. I considered stopping the interview in the middle because I felt like I was under attack.

I felt sorry for the two other interviewers in the room who seem like sweet people that got bulldozed out of the way and didn't get a chance to get to know me. I also wasn't given a chance to get to know them either. Someone please teach this woman some professional manners. If she is representative of the company at all, I would think this is a place that isn't family friendly, and is a hostile place to work.

Interview Question – I was asked to explain why I allowed my company to go under. She fired off numerous challenging, negatively phrased questions assuming she was right and I was wrong about everything. This woman seemed to have preconceived ideas about my prior employers without knowing anything about those businesses. Her attitude was argumentative from the moment she laid eyes on me. I could never work with someone like this, she seems to be a poor listener with a short temper.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I didn't actually get an offer, I got invited back for a second interview however I declined because I got the sense this would be a very stressful, negative environment. .

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

Interviewed at DrFirst

Interview Details – Met campus recruiters at a fair, they took my resume and directed me to their website. Received an email with pre-screening questions and confirm when I can come on-site. Got no feedback after I replied to the email.

Emailed the recruiter after some time to know my status - She did not reply. That was the end of my application

Interview Question – nothing...just basic info   Answer Question

Team Director Interview

Team Director
Mesa, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DrFirst in April 2011.

Interview Details – DrFirst is currently aggressively staffing members for several teams. We are working with many professional recruiters as well as our internal recruiters. You will need to have extensive experience and proven success. Expect several interviews with the management team, as well as being asked to do a presentation.

Interview Question – "You don't seem like a good fit for us."   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Don't be afraid to ask for what you expect or want. DrFirst usually will be very competitive, but it's always good to ask, even if they say no.

Interviews for Top Jobs at DrFirst

Worked for DrFirst? Contribute to the Community!