DrFirst

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.2

Senior Software Engineer - Java Interview

I was given an online version of an IQ test, a few basic coding problems to solve in a half hour, and asked about basic core Java concepts. Several different development team members took part in the interview. Overall the interview probably took about an hour and a half. They were pretty respectful compared to other interviews I've done in the area.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to explain a particular architectural design pattern (was familiar with it but did not know the actual name).   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DrFirst.

Email/Phone screen with HR after being contacted through LinkedIn.
    There was a follow up call first with the CIO. And another call with the company president.
    I was then flown in for on site interview to conduct a presentation with a panel of company leaders as well as go through a Q and A.

Overally the interview process from the phone calls to the onsite went quite smoothly. Went it came time to negotiate the offer things fell apart.

Interview Questions
    • There were a few questions digging quite deep into my resume from several years back that did not necessarily relate to the current position. I had to peel back a few layers to provide adequate answers.   Answer Question

Offer was pulled upon initial counter from my end. Typically every offer contains some level of negotiation, especially when the position is a higher ranking position within the company with direct reports within product management. The offer being pulled was surprising due to no mention that the intitial offer was firm, and my counter was on the low end of the range I provided when pressed for my expectations during the interview process.

Non-IT Management Level Position Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DrFirst in September 2014.

Was referred to client by recruiter after their screening. Had telephone interview with the HR recruiting manager, who was very professional, nice and asked relevant questions. The hiring manager telephone interview was scheduled quickly. The hiring manager was out of the office when taking the call and didn't have my resume. This made the conversation difficult. Should have asked to stop and continue interview. Both agreed position may not be best fit for me, so I declined to proceed further.

Interview Questions
    • How are you able to ramp-up in an area that you haven't had direct experience with for a long time?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DrFirst.

The process was straight forward.
    5 programming challenges to implement in java on a paper and then a technical interview with technical team.
    Then some technical question about my experience,... and why I'm looking for a new job and normal thing.
    I was not willing to be employed there because of many negative post on this website about the way the expect their employees to work overtime also some bad user experiences from their customer ( I found those info 2-3 hours before the interview).
    But the interview was not very challenging and It was the way I expected it .

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DrFirst.

Initial phone screening is done by recruiter. Later on, I was invited to their office for on-site interview. I went through three rounds of interview with different management teams. It were no break in between. You might have to request water or restroom break. First was the technical manager to test my technical background and knowledge. He was very through. Second round was the VP for behavioral interview. Third around was from Project management team for more behavioral and problem solving questions. I ran into their CEO & CMO in the hall way.

Interview Questions
    • There was a standard I used several years ago. It came up during the interview. I was not prepared for that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at DrFirst.

Initial interview was with HR specialist where basic, lower-level technical questions were asked.
    Next a phone interview with a development team member that was more detailed and technically oriented.
    In person interviews happened with a direct manager, a development team member the head of development, and the company president. These interviews concentrated on problem solving, team work, background experiences, and they lasted about 5 hours total.

Interview Questions
    • Given a pie and a cutter, whats the most number of pieces that can be created with X slices? Explain your answer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DrFirst.

2 Phone Interviews and then Onsite. Both technical and behavioral questions were asked. Very pleasant and comfortable in person interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DrFirst.

One of the most stupid interviewer, he happened to a manager and the questions were like a rapid fire round, did not give me time to retrospect. I am not sure if they really wanted to hire or they just so happened to interview me to get a feel of how they conduct there interview. To make matters even worse the recruiter did not even get back with the feedback despite mailing him and sending repeated reminders. What a shame!

Interview Questions
    • A typical question everyone usually asks "why should i hire you?" but it should be in a polite manner. Sorry folks in that company did not even know how to ask that   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DrFirst.

Phone interview first, and onsite interview. A standard IQ tester is required before the technical onsite interview. Could be another CEO interview for final knock down.

Quality Assurance Testing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockville, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DrFirst.

First there was a preliminary interview with the senior recruiter. He was extremely friendly and I had a great 20 minute conversation with him. The interview consists of many standard questions (walk through your resume, why are you leaving your company, salary requirements, what automated testing tools you are familiar with, what languages you are familiar with).

After the interview, he asked me if I would be available for a phone interview with the head of the QA team. This interview was curt and the interviewer was unfriendly and a bit rude. The interview lasted a total of 3 minutes and 40 seconds. I figured it was just out of courtesy sake. Two weeks later I get a call from the senior recruiter asking me for another phone interview with the CEO or head of Engineering. He gave me a two hour window in which they could call. I never got a call.
    This company is extremely unprofessional and I will be disregarding any new communication.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers will give you an example scenario in which to make test cases. There is a vending machine, give me 10 test cases.   View Answer