DrFirst Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.8

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in August 2012.

Interview

2 phone interview and 1 onsite interview.
Very friendly staff in the whole process. I was asked questions about Spring, Hibernate, Web service as well as writing SQL using something like group by.
A enjoyable interview.
The HR is also very friendly,
After 3 1:1, they gave me the offer immediately. Their benefit looks very attractive. If I did not get offer from another big company, I would definitely work for Drfist.

Interview Questions

Got several offers and chose another bigger one.

Other Interview Reviews for DrFirst

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in February 2012.

Interview

The most unprofessional interview I have ever given. The interview process consisted of 3 phone interviews and was called on site twice for a 1:1 interview.

Phone interviews were fine but once on site there was a lot of confusion, they weren't even sure who would interview me. The CIO is particularly rude while interviewing and there seemed to be a lack of respect for the candidate. The CEO had almost offered the position during the interview but eventually was rejected.

The interviewees used standard questions to interview there wasn't any clarity in what they were looking for. The recruiting manager tried to underplay the position to reduce the salary requirement.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between procedural and object-oriented programming?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Rockville, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DrFirst (Rockville, MD) in September 2011.

Interview

The recruiter was very friendly and pleasant. That was the only good part.

I found my phone interview with the recruiter unpleasant. First, he called me twenty minutes later that scheduled. Moreover, he was aggressive to the point of rudeness. I respect tough interview questions, because it shows a company wants to hire the best people, but this was well beyond that. I thought that I had not gotten past his screening, but I was invited to come in for in person interviews.

The in person interviews begin with what they say is a "personality test", but it is in actually the Wonderlic IQ Test (best known for being given to NFL players - great, I got to play "are you smarter than a defensive lineman?") I don't have a much of a problem with an IQ test, but why are they misrepresenting it as a personality test? Considering it's a software company, hiring lots of bright people, no one is going to believe it's a personality test once they take it.

The actual in-person interview was as unpleasant as the phone interview. It was clear most of the interviewers had not read my resume. The President of the company came in to the interview, and actually told me he was not convinced they even needed someone to do the job for which I was interviewing, and asked me to justify it. It hardly leaves an applicant with a good feeling to learn that the President isn't convinced the company needs the job at all.

After meeting with the first three of five people I was scheduled to interview with, I waited in a conference room for about ten minutes. The office admin then came in and told me I was done. I said I was supposed to meet with two other people, and she said one was "busy" and the other was "in a meeting". Perhaps that was the case, but my suspicion was that they already decided not to hire me. I could tell from the interview that they wanted someone more experienced than me.

Despite feeling that the entire process had gone poorly, it took them a week to send me a "we're not interested" e-mail. Even that came from the admin, not from the recruiter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DrFirst in December 2011.

Interview

Initially Phone Screening which was so unprofessional.
    Two Skill Tests from professional website.-Cleared
    Called for Face to Face, But Given Aptitude and Puzzle Test for 12 min like bank jobs with more than required questions, knowing people cannot complete that.--Here itself candidate will get dissapointed.
    Written 4 program assignments handled the time unprofessionally.
    3 Rounds of Face 2 Face with 2 Architects and 1 Senior Software Engg's, who has very bad communication skills and dont know what to look in a candidate.Not well prepared for questions to be asked for the Candidate.
    Assuming a Satisfied Answer without a proper questioning.
    Cleared all above screenings.

Again Called for 2nd round of face 2 face , they said no technical.
    But they ended up taking technical , Presentation on white board.

While coming to actually HR, Degrading the persons position from actually initially applied position by the candidate to get the more worth for less pay.

Having decent amount of experience with candidate skills not seen such a unprofessional way of dealing the recruitment process.

After going through all these headaches and such a worst recruiting process, I got a offer which was equal to the one I got for my first job :-) plus little more than that.

My recommendation : any fresher who has no family life , he can start his career to learn more technologies and quit after a year. :-)

All the best :-)

Interview Questions

I saw this website and had a lot of positive opinion on the Product based companies finally ended up disappointed.

Degraded my position to just degrade the salary which dissapointed me a lot, not showing any confidence on the candidate.

I decided even if they gave me more than what I quoted, I thought this interview process itself is this hell kind of stuff, think about work life balance. no way.