DraftFCB

Updated Apr 11, 2014

Getting the Interview

59 candidate interviews

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB.

Interview Details – Initially spoke to an HR representative at a college career fair. Was emailed by this person to schedule a phone interview, which went well. They asked the normal questions (your three best traits, favorite class, etc). Kept in semi-regular email contact as well, where I was assigned a (pretty difficult) assignment.

Interview Question – "What are your two most favorite and hated advertisements most recently seen?" Difficult because of all the options and the nuances of the answer.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 months - interviewed at DraftFCB.

Interview Details – Had an on campus interview. It was a pretty standard advertising interview, where I was asked for examples of both good and bad advertising campaigns, a walk through my resume, skills and experiences that exemplify why I'm a good fit, why Draft specifically, and why the position. Come prepared with your personality, your stories, and your smile!

Interview Question – Tell me three things about yourself that I wouldn't get from reading your resume.   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details – Lots of attitude here. More flash than substance.

Interview Question – None were particularly difficult, just odd.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Terrible culture

Associate Medical Director Interview

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details – multiple interviews. writing test. refused reimbursement for travel from out of town for interviews.

Interview Question – Writing testing   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details – Structured interview. Great vibe.

Interview Question – What is your favorite ad and why?   Answer Question

Assistant Media Planner Interview

Assistant Media Planner

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at DraftFCB.

Interview Details – Only 3 interviews with Media Supervisors/AMD's and one interview with HR. Interview with each person was relatively quick - only around 5 min with HR (on the phone) and about half an hour with each Supervisor and/or AMD

Interview Question – Questions were pretty straightforward and general - such as what are your weaknesses/strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Copywriter Interview

Copywriter

Interviewed at DraftFCB

Interview Details – Interview process wasn't terribly difficult. Although communication was at times lacking. But that doesn't seem to be anything new in the ad world. Could go weeks without contact with their creative recruiters...then suddenly interviewing...only to go weeks again with no contact or impression of a final outcome. Inside the building, everyone I met with was nice. Did the usual interview process of thirty minutes with this person and thirty minutes with that. Did find it interesting that I seemed to interview with several people who obviously weren't looking to hire. I believe I talked to eight people in one day. Maybe three of them were into the actual interview, the rest were simply going through the motions.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected. They usual taking CD's through your work, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – At the time, they weren't much for negotiating. It was basically a take it or leave it offer. If you don't want it, we'll find someone else.

Analyst, Analytics Interview

New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DraftFCB in November 2011.

Interview Details – First, I was contacted on the phone by a member of the HR department. After asking me about my experience, they scheduled me to come in for an interview the next week.

On the interview, I met with 4 members of the analytics team.

The next week, I met with one of the VP's.

The next day they made me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Question – Name a time when you used statistics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was non-negotiable however it was above what I had expected to receive.

Internship Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at DraftFCB in June 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 15 minute phone interview.

Interview Question – Describe your worst day and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at DraftFCB in November 2011.

Interview Details – She was rude and looked down upon me even though iwas obviously smarter and more prepared than she thought i was. Her questions were simple: what's your favorite adds? Why DraftFCB? Why the school you go to? etc... Since I attend an IV, her questions were as though I was pretentious and couldn't answer the simple questions she told me about like Tell me about a time when...

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at DraftFCB

Worked for DraftFCB? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DraftFCB interview questions and advice. All 59 interview reviews posted anonymously by DraftFCB employees and interview candidates.