Dragados Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dragados (Seattle, WA) in June 2015.

Interview

This was one of the worst interviews I have ever had to get through, I'm glad I got the experience of how to muddle through a horrid interview but it was so bad, it was painful. Awkward HR manager really turned me off and made me decide I didn't want the job even before I met the person I was being considered to support. Not able to figure out how to validate parking, really unprofessional interview process, in the end not a desirable place to work in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Please rate proficiency in basic apps (Excel, Outlook, etc.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dragados (Seattle, WA) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiting company for the position. I did the initial interview with them over the phone. Then I did a phone interview with the head of HR from the CA office. He was very nice and informal. I thought we had a great conversation. I was then scheduled to come in to meet one of the VP's who was to be the first tier then if it went well I'd be scheduled a third interview to see the President who the position would be supporting. First I had to wait in the lobby for more than 20 minutes (after my scheduled time) with several calls back and forth to the recruiter asking what I was supposed to do. When someone finally came to get me I was shown to a conference rooms where I waited for an additional 15 minutes. Once it finally did start it immediately it became clear that they were interviewing me for a rather junior position and not for the EA position that I am qualified and had been recruited for. I was clear that I would not be interested in that. He then switched gears and said they were hiring for the EA position as well but the other was a bigger priority. He went back and forth the entire interview between the two positions. I really couldn't tell which position he was interviewing me for. But it seemed to go well and instead of scheduling me to come back in he had me meet with the President right then. This conversation was more geared toward the EA position I was interested in and again I thought it went very well. It was with some shock that they decided to not hire me. When I asked for feedback why, I never received any response from the recruiter (this is not necessarily Dragados' fault...could just be the recruiter). About two months later a different recruiter who I have worked with for many years called regarding the same position. I told him they had already seen me and the above story. I asked if it would be possible to get feedback as to why they weren't interested. He spoke the HR guy I had done the first phone interview with and found out that they thought I wouldn't be willing to be available 24/7 so I was not a good fit. That was never even brought up in the interview other than to ask if one of them was traveling on the weekend for work and needed help because a flight had been cancelled or some other difficulty arose would I be willing to help, to which I replied I absolutely would. Overall I would say they didn't really know what they were hiring for and their communication was rather lacking across the board. I see that they are still advertising for the position well over four months later so they obviously have not found what they are looking for.

IT - Administrative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dragados.

Interview

Very vague questions that have many answers depending on the environment and company policies. The feeling i got was that they were restructuring the department without willing to pay for it.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dragados (Seattle, WA).

Interview

My first interview was done via Skype with someone from the home office in New York. She was very pleasant and down to earth. I thought perhaps I was too informal in response to her questions and perhaps it was a trick to get me to be unprofessional. 2nd interview was with the person I was going to support. He was also very down to earth. The office was extremely quiet and I didnt really see anyone. Overall we had a good discussion and I had a pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• She was adamant about booking travel and wanted to know how much travel experience I had.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes I was able to negotiate and was even surprised by the creativity of the offer that was provided. They were very understanding of my needs and adjusted to accommodate. I was very pleased

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dragados (Seattle, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Met with recruiter at office and discussed position. Ask questions about experience and why I want to work at Dragados. The inverview was 1 on 1 in their main office in Seattle. Dragados is a large company, but it seemed unorganized in the United States. Did not have a clear career path for employees or a direction of the type of work is was pursuing. Seemed like they just want to get a bunch of work around the country to be big. Was not interested in this type of company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dragados (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview is very formal. HR representative took the interview and thus didn't ask any technical questions. The interview was completely behavioural questions. They ask you about your previous work experiences if any and the most important question is why do you want to work there. So make sure to prepare that

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work there? Examples of: Leadership, conflict resolution etc   Answer Question

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palma de Mallorca (Spain)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dragados (Palma de Mallorca (Spain)) in November 2010.

Interview

I contacted them and sent an unsolicited application. They called me for a first interview at the closest office with a local manager. After our first conversation, they called me for a formal interview at the company headquarters. Part of my interview was with a psychologist, where I was asked questions and filled IQ tests. The other part of the interview was with a HR professional and the Head of the Department. After some days, I received a call and they offered me the job and a slower amount of money that I had asked for. We negotiated till an intermediate point, and I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I only negotiated the money. The company car, phone, meal tickets were offered first in the interview phase.