DreamWorks Animation

www.dreamworksanimation.com

DreamWorks Animation Department Technical Director Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014

Average Difficulty
2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Department Technical Director Interview

Department Technical Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview Details – Three separate half hour interviews, in no particular order. Each with 2 TDs. One covers brain teasers, one covers general technical director knowledge and problem solving abilities, and the third covers personality, leadership, relationships, and teamwork dynamics.

Interview Question – general brain teasers   Answer Question

Department Technical Director Interview

Department Technical Director
Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in May 2009.

Interview Details – My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Question – thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   View Answer

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!