DreamWorks Animation

Updated Nov 25, 2014
Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.8

Accounting Interview

HR spontaneously calls for a chat, but this is actually the phone interview. Went to the Glendale location for an interview. The interviewers were really nice and conversational.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions regarding your resume and if you "studied" up what intern they were looking for.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Very quick and decisive process. Qualifications did not change from initial internship posting. One phone call and one in person interview with the manager of the specific department of interest. Hiring team was there for support, but did not conduct the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions
    • What value can you bring to DreamWorks Animation, that could not be expressed via you resume?   Answer Question
    No negotiation, no pay.

A/V Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2014.

Dreamworks was extremely prompt and professional. I met with one person in-person and the other three people via video conference. They were very courteous and didn't ask any inappropriate questions.

Interview Questions
    • What was my takeaway from a project that didn't meet the expectations of the client or didn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

I applied through the dreamworks animation website. You need to submit a resume and cover letter. There were only two rounds in the whole interview process. The first one was a screening round asking about my projects and then about my relocation and stuff. Then the second round was a phone call with technical questions and talking about the resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about various Data structures used for animation   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Sent in a resume and a cover letter, got a call back to schedule an interview. Phone guy was pretty rude, though I can understand as there was some background noise on my end. Interview took place on their canvas, which was insanely beautiful. The woman interviewing me took one look at me and (it seemed like a bad time?) headed out to a screening, and had me tag along, just walking through the halls. Very little actual conversation, probably the strangest and least professional interview I've had to date. I'd guess that she had already interviewed a candidate that she liked and was just paying lip service to the rest of the interviewees.

But, I would guess that I just lucked out with a bad interview, since Dreamworks Animation seems like an otherwise great company to work for.

Video Server Engineer Interview

The hiring and interview process was long and took almost 2 months to complete. There was an initial phone interview and then 3 face to face follow up interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of detailed questions on different server architectures.   Answer Question

Department Technical Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Three separate half hour interviews, in no particular order. Each with 2 TDs. One covers brain teasers, one covers general technical director knowledge and problem solving abilities, and the third covers personality, leadership, relationships, and teamwork dynamics.

Rig Intern Interview Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks -- interview at DreamWorks Animation.

There are three interviews before the final decision. First some behavioral questions like what do you see yourself in 5 years and then the technical questions which related to basic data structure and algorithms.

Lighting TA Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

There was three interviews before the final decision. They were each 30 minutes long. Most of the questions focused on clarifying what I did for certain demo reel projects and how I work in a group.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about people constantly asking you questions/needing your help   Answer Question

R&D Intern Interview

I was called by the HR team to get my basic information. Then was set up for an interview with the R&D Team. I was questioned about my projects and relevant experience. I was also asked a few questions about how i would approach a particular problem.