DreamWorks Animation

Updated Nov 25, 2014

2.8

Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

I applied online and send email to recruiter several times, but there was no answer for a long time over few month. One day recruiting coordinator contacted me, then had a phone interview with supervisor(August). Then I had an on site interview at the PDI within a month after phone interview(September). After that there was no any answer for a long time. I just recognized that might be rejected... but one day I got a call from Dreamworks in Glendale(December), and flew to there for onsite interview with several supervisors, and also had an video interview with sup in Redwood city. There was no any answer for next 3 months, then finally I got an offer from Dreamworks Glendale (1st week of March)

Interview Questions
    • what are the positive, inspiring aspects of being on the show?   Answer Question
    • Are there areas for improvement on your show? if so, what are they?   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you'd like to done differently in your department?   Answer Question
    • How is the moral on the team? Any suggestion for improvement?   Answer Question
    • Do you have the neccessay resources and tools to do your job?   Answer Question
    They suggested me competitive salary than my expectations, but I requested them to think a little bit. They offered me increased salary(10% more) next day, and relocation cost, 1 month temp housing. I accept it.

Facilities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

I had a phone interview with the facilities manager, head of facilities, and faciltiies engineer. They asked me very basic questions like if I would be able to respond quickly to tasks and if I was comfortable doing physical labor.

Interview Questions
    • If I was comfortable driving the company car   View Answer
    none

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation in January 2014.

I was contacted by HR after submitting my application directly to my department via email. I was invited to the Glendale campus to interview and found my potential employers to be friendly, approachable and in fact they addressed the fact that DreamWorks oddly lingered perhaps a little too long on the Shrek franchise.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite DreamWorks movie? (this was not unexpected, there just weren't any difficult questions)   View Answers (2)
    I was able to negotiate hours, especially since it was an unpaid internship

Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online and 1 week later got a phone interview with an HR person. Scheduled appointment for an interview 3 days later. Two people interviewed me, one from Red Wood and one in person. It was a cool experience. The entire interview last exactly 30 minutes. First they want me to tell them about myself. Then the interviewer explained about the job position. The other person asked me more of technical questions. They switch back and forth asking how I process my work. I showed them my portfolio and they were interested in my work. Then they ask if I have any question. I asked at least 3-5 questions and were answered mostly by the person with me. At the very end, I ask for their emails and thanked them for the opportunity to interview with them. People were really nice to me, everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a leader role should have? What is your favorite book? What is communication to you? If you could be an animal what would you want to be? (Most questions were about trying to get to know you in term of personality and skills test. These are the fun questions that I liked during the interview.)   Answer Question
    HR called and asked if I am okay to commute such a far distance. They also ask if I have a good experience with the interviewers. Then HR person congratulated me and asked if I like to accept this offer.

R&D Jose Intern Interview

Phone call, followed by on site interview

Texture Painter and Shader Interview

They came to our school for interview (Texas A&M University - Visualization departent). The lady who interviewd with me was called marilyn friedman. She was super nice and friendly. She asked me to play my demoreel and then started to comment on it.

Interview Questions
    • She asked if I just paint textures or if I write codes for shading?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation in September 2013.

Well I applied for this position on Indeed.com and two days later one of the Recruiters forwarded my resume to another and they called. I had a phone interview that i didn't past. The Recruiter was very nice and honest.

Interview Questions
    • Please give me specificity in your work experience about where you executed heavy admin and calendaring work.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Phone and in person team interview.

Training Department Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2013.

After submitting my application online I was contacted, by phone, by the HR department stating that they would like to setup an interview. I was then brought in to meet with a few managers in the Training Department. During my interview I had mentioned that I had also applied to a few other positions within the department so they sent me to have an impromptu interview with the other managers. A few days later I received a phone call again saying that all of the managers liked me and it was my choice which team I would like to intern with.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Basic get to know you questions   View Answer
    I had to wait to hear for a start date but other than that it was straight forward.

Marketing Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2013.

The interview first started off with a surprise phone interview and eventually led to an on-campus interview. Once that was done, they told me they would call me back for another. When they called again, they said I didn't make a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • The surprise phone interview was the most difficult because the timing took me by surprise. Most of the questions were about yourself and what you expected to get out of the internship.   Answer Question