DreamWorks Animation

Interview Question – Python Programming   Answer Question

Texture Painter and Shader Interview

Texture Painter and Shader

Interviewed at DreamWorks Animation

Interview Details – They came to our school for interview (Texas A&M University - Visualization departent). The lady who interviewd with me was called marilyn friedman. She was super nice and friendly. She asked me to play my demoreel and then started to comment on it.

Interview Question – She asked if I just paint textures or if I write codes for shading?   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Human Resources Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Well I applied for this position on Indeed.com and two days later one of the Recruiters forwarded my resume to another and they called. I had a phone interview that i didn't past. The Recruiter was very nice and honest.

Interview Question – Please give me specificity in your work experience about where you executed heavy admin and calendaring work.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Character Technical Director Interview

Character Technical Director
Glendale, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in September 2009.

Interview Details – I met dreamworks at Siggraph in los angeles. I showed them my demoreel and they took my resume. Next day i got a call for an interview. Went to siggraph and interviewed with one of their supervisor. A week later they call me for a phone interview. Then a few days later DW flew me down to LA for another interview. That one last a whole day. I met with 5 different groups of peoples. A week later i got an offer from HR and signed my contract.

Interview Question – There was a lot of programming questions. Lots of math questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me a competitive salary. Negotiation went pretty smooth.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview Details – Phone and in person team interview.

Interview Question – What is your favorite movie?   View Answer

Production Coordinator Interview

Production Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had an intial phone interview and then brought in to meet a 3-4 ppl. in a few hours. They asked basic questions

Interview Question – How well do you do you handle difficult situations   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – got another offer someplace else with higher pay

Senior Software Engineer I Interview

Senior Software Engineer I

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview Details – I was recommended by someone internally. I flew out to both locations to talk to the teams, and got an offer based on informal interviews.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Short, and over the phone.

R&D Software Developer Intern Interview

R&D Software Developer Intern
Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in January 2013.

Interview Details – Skype Interview 1 by Software Engineer:
1) Basic OOP questions
2) Two coding questions (String, Array)

Skype Interview 2 by two Senior Software Engineers:
1) OOP design questions
2) Iterators
3) STL (C++)
4) Two coding questions (Array, Tree)

* General resume, behavioral and testing questions were asked all along.

Interview Question – Had signed NDA. So can't disclose exact question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation for interns !

R&D Summer Intern Interview

R&D Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview Details – 30 minutes phone Interview.

Interview Question – In your ray tracer, can you be able to dynamically insert new objects?
Did you use Intel TBB in your parallel ray tracer?
  Answer Question

Operations Systems Administration Interview

Operations Systems Administration
Glendale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in January 2009.

Interview Details – Temp to hire. You will be interviewed on skill sets, aptitude for the job and personality. They are all very important because you will be representing the entire group to everyone in the company, from Assistants to Directors.

Interview Question – There are many, the best thing to do is to respond "I don't know but this is what I would try...". This is the best response to a technical question that is given and you have never seen before.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will give you an offer on the low end. Ask for a higher range and accept if you feel content about the pay. You also need to consider all the other benefits you will get from working at this company in this position.