DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Got a call a few weeks after applying online. Phone call was like a mini phone interview. The interview itself was one on one and extremely casual. No hard questions. They mostly try to get to know you as a person.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of 3D animation are you interested in?   1 Answer

Database Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Applied online by sending an email. Next day got call from recruiter for scheduling phone interview with hiring manager. 30-45 min interview with manager. (Based on resume, database concepts like sharding, etc. ) After 3-4 hours got call from recruiter that you got selected for the position. Very fast recruiting process.

Internal Auditing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

I applied this position online and got a back-to-back interview a week later. The interviewers were really nice. They asked me about my resume and my opinions about the current market. The atmosphere during this interview was really relaxing and friendly. Just like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Can you use the knowledge you learned in Macroeconomics to explain the current market in US?   Answer Question

Internal Auditing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received the invitation several weeks later. The interview process was a back to back interview. The interviewee were really nice. The interview questions are behavioral based. They also asked me go through my resume.

Accounting Interview

Interview

HR spontaneously calls for a chat, but this is actually the phone interview. Went to the Glendale location for an interview. The interviewers were really nice and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding your resume and if you "studied" up what intern they were looking for.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Very quick and decisive process. Qualifications did not change from initial internship posting. One phone call and one in person interview with the manager of the specific department of interest. Hiring team was there for support, but did not conduct the interviews themselves.

Interview Questions

• What value can you bring to DreamWorks Animation, that could not be expressed via you resume?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, no pay.

A/V Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in November 2014.

Interview

Dreamworks was extremely prompt and professional. I met with one person in-person and the other three people via video conference. They were very courteous and didn't ask any inappropriate questions.

Interview Questions

• What was my takeaway from a project that didn't meet the expectations of the client or didn't meet a deadline?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

I applied through the dreamworks animation website. You need to submit a resume and cover letter. There were only two rounds in the whole interview process. The first one was a screening round asking about my projects and then about my relocation and stuff. Then the second round was a phone call with technical questions and talking about the resume and cover letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about various Data structures used for animation   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

Interview

Sent in a resume and a cover letter, got a call back to schedule an interview. Phone guy was pretty rude, though I can understand as there was some background noise on my end. Interview took place on their canvas, which was insanely beautiful. The woman interviewing me took one look at me and (it seemed like a bad time?) headed out to a screening, and had me tag along, just walking through the halls. Very little actual conversation, probably the strangest and least professional interview I've had to date. I'd guess that she had already interviewed a candidate that she liked and was just paying lip service to the rest of the interviewees. But, I would guess that I just lucked out with a bad interview, since Dreamworks Animation seems like an otherwise great company to work for.

Video Server Engineer Interview

Interview

The hiring and interview process was long and took almost 2 months to complete. There was an initial phone interview and then 3 face to face follow up interviews with different levels of management.

Interview Questions

• Lots of detailed questions on different server architectures.   Answer Question