DreamWorks Animation Interview Questions & Reviews in Redwood City, CA

4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Videography Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2013.

The interview process was a lot more relaxing than I thought it would be. I first got a phone interview and they asked me simple questions such as my school schedule. Then after I moved on to the 1 on 1 that was located at the studio itself. There they asked me about my experience with video equipment and editing

Interview Questions
    • I can't remember if there was a difficult or unexpected question asked by my interviewer   Answer Question

Facilities Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation.

I had a phone interview with the facilities manager, head of facilities, and faciltiies engineer. They asked me very basic questions like if I would be able to respond quickly to tasks and if I was comfortable doing physical labor.

Interview Questions
    • If I was comfortable driving the company car   View Answer
    none

Department Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in May 2009.

My undergrad college and dreamworks animation had a collaboration, where I was selected for an internship as credits towards the final semester.
    initial communications were by sending a resume, portfolio, personal statements and letters of recommendation (univ.) to DWA for shortlisting candidates to be interviewed.
    If selected, this is usually followed up with a technical interview with a Technical Director employee at DWA.
    A knowledge of core computer science and graphics is really useful.

DWA is a great place to work and learn about the animation industry. Colleagues are super helpful and especially as someone completely new to the studio environment, I felt they were extremely helpful and inspiring people to work with.

Interview Questions
    • thinking questions - what can be reasons your scene will render black?   View Answer

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in January 2010.

I got the call after submitting my demo reel and resume to the HR. The first interview was on campus. Basic puzzle questions were asked. basic coding skills were tested. Was contacted after 3 weeks for onsite interview. 4 rounds in total, all panel interviews. First round was personality test. Asked questions about my personality, my likes, dislikes, asked me to narrate a funny story. Second round was puzzle round. Asked 6 different puzzles and I answered them all. The third round was technical round. The questions asked were based on C++, basic graphics questions, hashtables etc. The last round was with the TD director. He went over the team and the company. Explained the benefits of the company. A general chat.

Interview Questions

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!