DreamWorks Animation

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Burbank, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in April 2011.

Interview Details – First initial phone screen, and then on site interview with engineers and hiring manager.
There were lots of probing/testing on my skills,education, experties.

Interview Question – What was your most challenging projects and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called back 1 day after submitting my resume. After talking with HR a couple times, I ended up going through the interview process for two positions - one in the R&D team and one for a tech director position. I had phone screens for both positions and then video interviews for both positions. The phone screen for the R&D position was very technical and there were some tough questions; for the technical director, there were a couple really easy programming and computer graphics questions, along with some abnormal puzzle questions. The R&D interview was pretty standard, 4 rounds of 1-2 people, mostly consisting of technical questions, asking about my current/past work, and some specific questions about my resume. The technical director interview was 3 rounds of 2 people. The first round was to get a feel for my personality, the second round was a bunch of puzzle questions, and the third round was programming and CG technical questions. In both interviews, I spoke with people from Glendale and Redwood City. HR has been very quick to get back to me after every interview, including getting a call at 630 PM PST after one of my phone screens just 2 hours after I had the interview to let me know they wanted to schedule a video interview.

Interview Question – What are the differences and usages of maps, linked lists, and arrays?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for more relocation money since I'm moving from the east coast and what they offered wouldn't cover the full cost of moving, but I didn't get any extra.

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Hey, So I was interived by the 2 people(one a guy and other a lady) They gave me a tour of the place, showed me the servers they had. It was pretty good. Then they started looking for a place to conduct interview after 2-3 min they found a office (meeting place). They started asking about my resume and projects I did in the past. One was closely related to the work I was supposed to do with them(I think that was the reason I got a call in the first place) nyways then they ask me about binary tree ask me to write code about link list on the board. I wrote everything in C. They also asked me about different complexity for algos. All in all it was good experience.

Interview Question – Write the code for singly linklist?   Answer Question

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!