DreamWorks Animation

DreamWorks Animation Technical Director Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Technical Director

I applied through college or university - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied for the job. Resume was shortlisted. ( need to express work or portfolio in field of graphics). 2 rounds of telephonic interview were taken within a gap of 3 weeks. 1st round was from US office and Mainly included questions of computer graphics, animation pipeline, small problem solving questions. No questions on coding but asked basic questions in CS. 2nd round was also telephonic and included scenario based questions ( limited resources and time to get desired result) and others were to test communication skills and leadership in general.

Interview Question – How will you convince people around to work even when no is motivated for it?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Did not negotiate.

Technical Director

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in August 2010.

Interview Details – One 30-min phone interview.

Interview Question – How would you design an elevator system for a 100-story building?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in January 2010.

Interview Details – I got the call after submitting my demo reel and resume to the HR. The first interview was on campus. Basic puzzle questions were asked. basic coding skills were tested. Was contacted after 3 weeks for onsite interview. 4 rounds in total, all panel interviews. First round was personality test. Asked questions about my personality, my likes, dislikes, asked me to narrate a funny story. Second round was puzzle round. Asked 6 different puzzles and I answered them all. The third round was technical round. The questions asked were based on C++, basic graphics questions, hashtables etc. The last round was with the TD director. He went over the team and the company. Explained the benefits of the company. A general chat.

Interview Question – tell me a funny story   Answer Question

Glendale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DreamWorks Animation in December 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went well. The thing that was really unique about the process was having a Video interview instead of being flown out to the company. The whole process was smooth, the people I interviewed with were nice. I interviewed with both the Glendale and Redwood City offices. The questions they asked were good. I didn't get grilled as much as I thought I would on specific coding questions, but they had some good logic questions.

Negotiation Details – Very little to negotiate, partly because it's under a union, partly because it's DreamWorks and they know it.

Worked for DreamWorks Animation? Contribute to the Community!