Dress Barn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.3

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dress Barn in May 2012.

Getting hired here wasn't too bad for me. I applied after going in to meet one of the assistant managers and befriended her quickly. Which meant she later vouched for me. After that I posted a resume up on Dressbarn.com and later that same day got a call in for an interview. The manager was a bit hard to talk with but I did love the environment and that night got a job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you bring to the table?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview was average with District Manager. It was very positive atmosphere thus I felt comfortable. Most of questions were regarding customer relations. I felt like I was making a new friend.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dress Barn.

Must have previous sales associate expierence in apparel or accessories. Fairly easy. Know your metrics and express why you would like to work for the company. Also who their audience is.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a negative experience on the sales floor?   View Answer
    They stick to their number.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dress Barn in November 2011.

Pretty basic interview. Review of the application and experience, as well as how to handle certain scenarios. Had to take a short assessment of about 50 questions. Finally, I was asked to look around the store for a work outfit. Overall, the interview was a good experience. No reason to be nervous.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dress Barn in May 2014.

Well my interview went pretty quick and easy... I absolutely love fashion so I was excited to get started as soon as possible... If you are yourself and have a passion for fashion the interview is a breeze :)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to tell a little bit about myself.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to talk in detail about my previous work history.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to share my goals for the near and far future.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dress Barn in September 2013.

I was contacted immediately for an interview, however, the store that I interviewed for did not have any openings. Later I find an ad for another store so I followed up and got a second interview at the second location where I was ultimately hired.

Interview Questions
    • They delved deeply into my knowledge of retail management yet the position was not a management position.   View Answer
    Simple: It was basically a take it or leave it negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dress Barn in April 2011.

I did have several interviews. I didn't have uncomfortable situations about anything. I know if you are truly honest, should not be a problem.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dress Barn.

The interview process was very extensive. There were really 3 rounds including a 2 tier computer test, a sit down interview, and 2 rounds of interviews on the floor with 2 members of management. I was essentially told I had the job, but had to wait until all these steps were completed and my 3 references had all been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if someone tried to rob the store. I understand this is important, but I was unsure how to answer because I assumed there would be a protocol put in place by the company that I would be taught later.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dress Barn.

Pretty easy. Standard retail questions. How would you handle a situation with an upset customer.

They told me they were starting me hire than other assistant mangers, because i had retail exp. I was fine with that. Not as much as I made with other companies.

Worked for Dress Barn? Contribute to the Community!