Dress Barn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2014
Updated Jul 29, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview was average with District Manager. It was very positive atmosphere thus I felt comfortable. Most of questions were regarding customer relations. I felt like I was making a new friend.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Must have previous sales associate expierence in apparel or accessories. Fairly easy. Know your metrics and express why you would like to work for the company. Also who their audience is.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a negative experience on the sales floor?   View Answer
    They stick to their number.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in May 2014.

Well my interview went pretty quick and easy... I absolutely love fashion so I was excited to get started as soon as possible... If you are yourself and have a passion for fashion the interview is a breeze :)

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to tell a little bit about myself.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to talk in detail about my previous work history.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to share my goals for the near and far future.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn.

The interview process was very extensive. There were really 3 rounds including a 2 tier computer test, a sit down interview, and 2 rounds of interviews on the floor with 2 members of management. I was essentially told I had the job, but had to wait until all these steps were completed and my 3 references had all been contacted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if someone tried to rob the store. I understand this is important, but I was unsure how to answer because I assumed there would be a protocol put in place by the company that I would be taught later.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Pretty easy. Standard retail questions. How would you handle a situation with an upset customer.

They told me they were starting me hire than other assistant mangers, because i had retail exp. I was fine with that. Not as much as I made with other companies.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dress Barn.

Filled out an application In the store I was called one week later for an interview and one of those surveys (strongly agree, agree, neutral....) during the interview I was asked about my sales experience, how I handled difficult customers and what my definition of customer service is.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me something I didn't like?   View Answer
    No negotiation you start at minimum wage

Store Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn.

I had 2 interviews. One with district leader and one with regional leader. Very normal questions asked about my management style and how I had made changes in my positions in the past. The district leader was more about herself and all she had done. I should have know that was a sign of a bad fit. I am more about the team and what we accomplished not me, me, me!

Interview Questions
    • How did I handle a situation that could have multiple layers of damage. What did I do to turn situation around in detail.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. I wanted to come in with vacation, no they don't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redlands, CA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dress Barn.

(1) I entered the store dressed for an interview and got THE manager, NOT an assistant or a sales person. This gives you a chance to sell yourself a little upfront. No shorts, flip-flops or inappropriate attire please. I was given an application and was interviewed on the spot and then a second interview set up with the DSM. A Personality test was also taken.Total 2 interviews. Was hired as an assistant and then entered their Pros program to further my career and skills

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to give them an example of something I'd done (and was particularly proud of) where I had gone above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer or employee at a previous job.   Answer Question
    Typically an assistant manager with Dressbarn would only start at around $12-1$14 per hour depending on their education and previous retail experience. I started a little higher than most assistants because I had extensive retail and management background. I'd say the negotiation phase was easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashua, NH

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn in September 2013.

I was contacted immediately for an interview, however, the store that I interviewed for did not have any openings. Later I find an ad for another store so I followed up and got a second interview at the second location where I was ultimately hired.

Interview Questions
    • They delved deeply into my knowledge of retail management yet the position was not a management position.   View Answer
    Simple: It was basically a take it or leave it negotiation