Dress Barn Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.3

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager and an assistant store manager, each one-on-one

We talked about my experiences in retail and management. They talked about the store, the company, and their expectations of me as a leader in the store.

The conversation flowed smooth and naturally. I did not feel like I was in an interview. I felt like I was talking to friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

I interviewed 3 times with this company. Once was with one department who shot me down even though I was experienced and they have had the position opened for months! I think the manager just wasn't happy with anything. The second interview was for a different position. It went great and I was called back. I was very excited. The second interview went great as well, the only thing was that they refused to negotiate pay! I was taken on a tour and I was given all the information. The office is AMAZING! So beautiful and the company really cares about the employees. However, I was told I would receive a call back and never did. I had to call several times to hear back and when I did, I was told that the position was given internally but they were finding something else. That never happened and I didn't hear back until months later. They reached out asking if I would like the job now since the internal candidate resigned already. I said no.

Interview Questions

I declined after I was asked months later. At that point, why would I want to go somewhere that didn't want to hire me in the first place? Sometimes internal candidates are not better!

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, scheduled for the same day. Process was detailed, but the same as I've experienced at other retail companies. There was time for questions/answers from both sides which was appreciated.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Interview Questions

• How do i find retailing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think u should be hired?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

Interview was average with District Manager. It was very positive atmosphere thus I felt comfortable. Most of questions were regarding customer relations. I felt like I was making a new friend.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

Must have previous sales associate expierence in apparel or accessories. Fairly easy. Know your metrics and express why you would like to work for the company. Also who their audience is.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a negative experience on the sales floor?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They stick to their number.

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in May 2014.

Interview

Well my interview went pretty quick and easy... I absolutely love fashion so I was excited to get started as soon as possible... If you are yourself and have a passion for fashion the interview is a breeze :)

Interview Questions

• I was asked to tell a little bit about myself.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to talk in detail about my previous work history.   Answer Question
    • I was asked to share my goals for the near and far future.   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

The interview process was very extensive. There were really 3 rounds including a 2 tier computer test, a sit down interview, and 2 rounds of interviews on the floor with 2 members of management. I was essentially told I had the job, but had to wait until all these steps were completed and my 3 references had all been contacted.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I would do if someone tried to rob the store. I understand this is important, but I was unsure how to answer because I assumed there would be a protocol put in place by the company that I would be taught later.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

Pretty easy. Standard retail questions. How would you handle a situation with an upset customer.

Negotiation

They told me they were starting me hire than other assistant mangers, because i had retail exp. I was fine with that. Not as much as I made with other companies.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

Filled out an application In the store I was called one week later for an interview and one of those surveys (strongly agree, agree, neutral....) during the interview I was asked about my sales experience, how I handled difficult customers and what my definition of customer service is.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me something I didn't like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation you start at minimum wage