Dress Barn Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.3

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

apply online we call you in based on how you do on a test. the test is used to see your reliability and if you would be a team player or a lazy person who tries to slide. the interview questions themselves are quite simple mostly what you did in your past positions and situation questions,

Interview Questions

• we look for uniqueness and customer oriented people who are motivated and take the initiative on their own.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2015.

Interview

I Applied online for full time and about a 3-4 weeks later they sent me a link to fill out for personal information (education, previous employment, refrences etc.). two days later the assistant Store manager called to schedule an Interview. She focused on my flexibility about me going to school and if it would be difficult to do work and go to school, but they offered to give no more than 25 hours and no less that 15.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect and build a relationship with the Customers?   1 Answer
    • Considering that the age range of women that shop there are 40+ with conservative values how would you be able to connect with them?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Succasunna, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dress Barn (Succasunna, NJ) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied for the job on Indeed because they had a position posted on there. The bad thing is that when I went for the interview the person doing the interview said they did not actually have any open positions at the moment. I don't know why they are advertising for jobs they don't have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dress Barn (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back about 5 days later to schedule an interview. I went in the next day and met with the super sweet manager, then the assistant manager. Both were very kind. They had trouble coming up with questions as this is my first job, but were extremely personable. I was hired on the spot. Knowing the history of the company as well as having a list of at least two references with me impressed them, and played a major role in getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since it is my first job, but was offered well above minimum wage. Know the company history, smile and you will do fine.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. One with the assistant manager and one with the store manager. Pretty laid back atmosphere for interview. Fairly easy questions. Trying to get to know your personality. Did have to take a personality assessment as well. For a First impression the people working there are friendly and nice. All applications are done online.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was upset? How would you handle it?   1 Answer

Part-Time Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in March 2015.

Interview

I met with the store manager and an assistant store manager, each one-on-one We talked about my experiences in retail and management. They talked about the store, the company, and their expectations of me as a leader in the store. The conversation flowed smooth and naturally. I did not feel like I was in an interview. I felt like I was talking to friends.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

I interviewed 3 times with this company. Once was with one department who shot me down even though I was experienced and they have had the position opened for months! I think the manager just wasn't happy with anything. The second interview was for a different position. It went great and I was called back. I was very excited. The second interview went great as well, the only thing was that they refused to negotiate pay! I was taken on a tour and I was given all the information. The office is AMAZING! So beautiful and the company really cares about the employees. However, I was told I would receive a call back and never did. I had to call several times to hear back and when I did, I was told that the position was given internally but they were finding something else. That never happened and I didn't hear back until months later. They reached out asking if I would like the job now since the internal candidate resigned already. I said no.

Interview Questions

I declined after I was asked months later. At that point, why would I want to go somewhere that didn't want to hire me in the first place? Sometimes internal candidates are not better!

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

There were 2 interviews, scheduled for the same day. Process was detailed, but the same as I've experienced at other retail companies. There was time for questions/answers from both sides which was appreciated.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dress Barn in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by Dressbarn. I hadn't even applied to that company but somehow they gained access to my application and resume. They called on a Thursday, I did an initial interview on Monday with the Assistant Manager, then was invited back for another interview with the Store Manager and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you having a passion for inspiring women to be their own kind of beautiful?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Interview Questions

• How do i find retailing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think u should be hired?   1 Answer