Dress Barn Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2014

2.8

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Other Interview Reviews for Dress Barn

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dress Barn.

Filled out an application In the store I was called one week later for an interview and one of those surveys (strongly agree, agree, neutral....) during the interview I was asked about my sales experience, how I handled difficult customers and what my definition of customer service is.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell me something I didn't like?   View Answer
    No negotiation you start at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in November 2011.

Pretty basic interview. Review of the application and experience, as well as how to handle certain scenarios. Had to take a short assessment of about 50 questions. Finally, I was asked to look around the store for a work outfit. Overall, the interview was a good experience. No reason to be nervous.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dress Barn in April 2010.

I handed in a paper application and before Dress Barn accepted it they handed me a personality/skills assesment test thingy. I went home and filled it out and brought back both my app and the assesment test. About ten days later I recieved a call for me to come in and interview with the manager. I dressed my best and looked professional. The manager took me into the back room and asked me typical interview questions such as, tell me about yourself, why would you like to work here, what would you bring to this company... etc... After the questions she brought me out onto the floor and asked me to pick an outfit out for her for her pretend date. After that I left and the following Monday I was asked to come back in to be interviewed by the assistant managers. They mostly told me about the company and all its programs and just asked I tell them a little about myself. The following afternoon the manager called me and said she'd like to hire me so I accepted the job.

Interview Questions
    I was offered $7.50/hour which is pretty low but I took it no questions asked. If you have more experience in this field you could probably ask for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dress Barn in November 2008.

The application process is typical. If you've been selected among the other applicants then you get your first (and usually only) interview. You'll be asked about experience, education, and other qualifications. Typically it takes place in the back room with the store manager or one of the assistant store managers.

Interview Questions
    • Do you think you'll be able to reach all goals and accomplish all tasks assigned to you?   Answer Question
    In the 3 locations I've worked in you'll probably be part time and a sales associate until you've reached enough goals to be promoted. Typically the only full time employees are the managers. Either way they are genuinely easy to help you schedule your shifts around your life.