Dress Barn Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 3, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dress Barn (Clearwater, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a call back about 5 days later to schedule an interview. I went in the next day and met with the super sweet manager, then the assistant manager. Both were very kind. They had trouble coming up with questions as this is my first job, but were extremely personable. I was hired on the spot. Knowing the history of the company as well as having a list of at least two references with me impressed them, and played a major role in getting hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate since it is my first job, but was offered well above minimum wage. Know the company history, smile and you will do fine.

Other Interview Reviews for Dress Barn

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dress Barn in August 2014.

Interview

I was recruited by Dressbarn. I hadn't even applied to that company but somehow they gained access to my application and resume. They called on a Thursday, I did an initial interview on Monday with the Assistant Manager, then was invited back for another interview with the Store Manager and was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you having a passion for inspiring women to be their own kind of beautiful?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Well hopefully i can get an interview here this would be my second job., i love retailing but one job isnt enough for me sad to say but i can do my best to keep Dress Barn alive :)

Interview Questions

• How do i find retailing?   1 Answer
    • Why do you think u should be hired?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dress Barn.

Interview

Filled out an application In the store I was called one week later for an interview and one of those surveys (strongly agree, agree, neutral....) during the interview I was asked about my sales experience, how I handled difficult customers and what my definition of customer service is.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell me something I didn't like?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation you start at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dress Barn (Detroit, MI) in November 2011.

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Review of the application and experience, as well as how to handle certain scenarios. Had to take a short assessment of about 50 questions. Finally, I was asked to look around the store for a work outfit. Overall, the interview was a good experience. No reason to be nervous.

Interview Questions

• "What is your biggest weakness?"   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eau Claire, WI

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dress Barn (Eau Claire, WI) in April 2010.

Interview

I handed in a paper application and before Dress Barn accepted it they handed me a personality/skills assesment test thingy. I went home and filled it out and brought back both my app and the assesment test. About ten days later I recieved a call for me to come in and interview with the manager. I dressed my best and looked professional. The manager took me into the back room and asked me typical interview questions such as, tell me about yourself, why would you like to work here, what would you bring to this company... etc... After the questions she brought me out onto the floor and asked me to pick an outfit out for her for her pretend date. After that I left and the following Monday I was asked to come back in to be interviewed by the assistant managers. They mostly told me about the company and all its programs and just asked I tell them a little about myself. The following afternoon the manager called me and said she'd like to hire me so I accepted the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered $7.50/hour which is pretty low but I took it no questions asked. If you have more experience in this field you could probably ask for more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Locust Grove, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dress Barn (Locust Grove, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

The application process is typical. If you've been selected among the other applicants then you get your first (and usually only) interview. You'll be asked about experience, education, and other qualifications. Typically it takes place in the back room with the store manager or one of the assistant store managers.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you'll be able to reach all goals and accomplish all tasks assigned to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

In the 3 locations I've worked in you'll probably be part time and a sales associate until you've reached enough goals to be promoted. Typically the only full time employees are the managers. Either way they are genuinely easy to help you schedule your shifts around your life.