Drexel University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Academic Advisor Interview

Academic Advisor
Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Drexel University in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had a brief initial phone screen, followed by two panel interviews. The phone screen was very simple, with just a few questions about my interest in the position, availability (there were some weekends required for the roll) and resume. The first panel interview was somewhat casual. They asked a few warm-up questions (we talked about the weather, the Phillies, etc.) and then a variety of questions, mainly based on my resume. The panel took turn asking questions that they had each developed, so they will a little all over the place in terms of style. The second interview was a little more formal, but also unique. The first half hour was mainly behavioral style questions. Then, the manager left, and I was asked more personal questions about my work style to test my fit as a member of the team.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
  • If you could use a color to describe your work style and personality, what color would you be?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a student who resisted all of your advice?   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time you were faced with a problem that faced a policy change and how you implemented that change.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Drexel University

Worked for Drexel University? Contribute to the Community!