Drexel University

24 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Assistant Interview

Program Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview Details – Took forever. Months, actually. I originally applied in the beginning of June and didn't even get in for an interview until August. I came in for one interview with the Program Manager and Department Head, and then another Interview with the Program Manager and Department Head about two weeks later.

Interview Question – Weren't really any. Very standard   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one. They pay what they tell you they'll pay you.

Assistant Director Interview

Assistant Director

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview Details – Submitted resume/cover letter online, called in for in-person interview with team and a few weeks later, an in-person interview with the rest of the department. Less than a week after the second interview, I was offered the position.
HR department was extremely friendly and helpful throughout the entire process.
From applying for job online to receiving offer, it was about two months.

Interview Question – Mainly questions about why I'd like to work there and questions regarding my most recent position experience. A few fun and out-of-the-box questions, which weren't super difficult, but involved thinking creatively (something required in the position every day anyway)
Not the typical "what's your biggest weakness" sort of thing
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not too much of a change from initial offer, but friendly about it (no hardball/jerk stuff going on)

Clinical Faculty Interview

Clinical Faculty

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview Details – Network with existing staff to get interviews

Negotiation Details – I was told a higher salary in the interview than what I was offered.

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Drexel University

Interview Details – Presented the rich knowledge of the background and excellent hands-on abilities.

Interview Question – I met some difficulties when test my results in vivo study.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Research Associate Interview

Postdoctoral Research Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Drexel University.

Interview Details – Hiring and interview process is friendly and nice

Interview Question – The rental is high in big city   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Traffic is busy and crime rate is high.

Graduate Research Fellow Interview

Graduate Research Fellow
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Drexel University in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied in response to a call for applications for the graduate research fellowship position. Heard back from them 2 months after then was interviewed after 2 weeks. Three research professors were in the panel while a secretary was also present and sometimes asks questions as well.

Interview Question – There was one required instrument that they expected every applicant would know how to use. They asked if I am familiar with it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, the job info says that the salary is non-negotiable since it is based on research funding.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Teaching Assistant
Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Drexel University in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with the professor. Make sure you know your concepts of Physics right. If you have worked on any Physics related projects, ensure that you talk in detail about it.

Interview Question – Conceptual question regarding electromagnetism   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fixed Rate no negotiable

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

Interviewed at Drexel University

Interview Details – I got the job by discussing my experience with a professor without intending to apply for a job

Interview Question – Just discussed my experience. No real questions   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

Interviewed at Drexel University

Interview Details – The hiring process was long considering the unimportance of the role

Negotiation Details – No negotiating at all. Not good.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Philadelphia, PA

Interview Details – Submitted online application with resume and cover letter. Had one interview with the director (was casual and friendly) and another more formal one with the dean, associate dean, and director .

Interview Question – Kept asking me if I knew about marketing, since my degree was in communication.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Drexel University

Worked for Drexel University? Contribute to the Community!