Dreyer's

11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dreyer's in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very progressive hiring process. Phone screens and on site interviews. Several interviews on site to get a wide sample of the teams and leadership. Standard STAR interview model and questions. Culture and interview questions are congruent. Open and hones answers to candidate's questions. fast paced environment. Teams pull together int he face of adversity. A large family reunion-like culture. Many years of experience in non salaried leaders. Lower tenure in leadership.

Interview Question – if you were a type of ice cream, what type of ice cream would you be?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – relo and salary negotiated. some flexibility

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dreyer's.

Interview Details – Just be honest and outgoing

Interview Question – What do you need the most improvement on?   Answer Question

Warehouse Team Coach Interview

Warehouse Team Coach
Los Angeles, CA

Interviewed at Dreyer's

Interview Details – Lots of steps, deep questions, some of them are also standard behavioral questions. Expect being interviewed by 6 managers.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes. Usually signing bonus or relo

Ice Cream Maker Interview

Ice Cream Maker
Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dreyer's in January 2009.

Interview Details – This is the old Dreyer's hiring process at the closed TX facility: Applicants first came in for a aptitude test, including math and reasoning skills. Those that passed the aptitude test were asked to come in to interview. The interview was either a panel interview, or a round of interviews with a teamed pair of interviewers. Acceptable candidates were asked to take a drug screen and a physical.

Interview Question – All questions were the basic questions that most interviewers use.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The pay was set via a scale: pay-for-skills scale.

Accountant Interview

Accountant
Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dreyer's.

Interview Details – Contacted by an internal recruiter. Met with 2 accounting managers, a senior accountant and a consultant. Discussed past experience. No testing.

Interview Question – Nothing to difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was contacted again by the same internal recruiter that initially approached me for the position and was offered a salary. Seemed to be take it or leave it.

Finance Interview

Finance
Oakland, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dreyer's in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Hiring Manager 1 - 1:1
2 supervisors together 2:1
2 employees 2:1
Second Manager - 1:1

The interview was typical interview questions you find on the internet. I noticed the people I interviewed with, except the Hiring Manager were inexperienced at interviewing and seemed just as nervous as I was. Then I realized later there is no organization and they pick random people to do interviews which is not good because you get some terrible employees that probably should have been fired years ago now.

Interview Question – What is your weakness? Give me an example of teamwork? Influence skills?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a lateral position so didn't negotiate

Warehouse Team Coach Interview

Warehouse Team Coach
Bakersfield, CA

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dreyer's in March 2008.

Interview Details – I had an initial 1:1 interview with a single upper manager from the plant at an offsite location. about two weeks later I was asked to come on a site tour. After the site tour I particapated in three or four group (2 to 4 on the panel) interviews. The panels consisted of both management and hourly wage earners. Two to three days after the site visit I recevied an offer. I had to pass a drug screening and a background check prior to begining work.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself/background etc.   View Answer
  • Tell us about some of the most difficult management decisions you have had to make in the past   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was satisfied with the initial offer so I did not feel the need to negotiate.

Field Area Manager Interview

Field Area Manager
City of Industry, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dreyer's in March 2008.

Interview Details – Through an inside contact secured a phone interview with the retail manager. Went in for a meet-and-greet and spoke casually him and one other managers. Atmosphere was casual and team-oriented. 2nd round of interview was a group/panel interview involving 4 new managers.
Interview was Q&A based and some scenario role-playing. Best advise: Be yourself and memorize the company culture and expectations before-hand.

Interview Question – How would you handle an older-age employee that questions or challenges your actions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Director Interview

Human Resources Director
Laurel, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dreyer's in July 2009.

Interview Details – Good Phone screen with person I would be replacing

Interview Question – What do you know about our values.?   Answer Question

Merch Interview

Merch
San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 days - interviewed at Dreyer's in January 2009.

Interview Details – they called me...we talked..we met 6 days later...no job

Interview Question – none   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dreyer's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dreyer's interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dreyer's employees and interview candidates.