Dreyer's

www.nestleusa.com

Dreyer's Interview Questions

2.8

Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dreyer's.

Just be honest and outgoing

Warehouse Team Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Lots of steps, deep questions, some of them are also standard behavioral questions. Expect being interviewed by 6 managers.

Interview Questions
    Yes. Usually signing bonus or relo

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dreyer's.

Contacted by an internal recruiter. Met with 2 accounting managers, a senior accountant and a consultant. Discussed past experience. No testing.

Interview Questions
    Was contacted again by the same internal recruiter that initially approached me for the position and was offered a salary. Seemed to be take it or leave it.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dreyer's in December 2010.

Very progressive hiring process. Phone screens and on site interviews. Several interviews on site to get a wide sample of the teams and leadership. Standard STAR interview model and questions. Culture and interview questions are congruent. Open and hones answers to candidate's questions. fast paced environment. Teams pull together int he face of adversity. A large family reunion-like culture. Many years of experience in non salaried leaders. Lower tenure in leadership.

Interview Questions
    • if you were a type of ice cream, what type of ice cream would you be?   View Answer
    relo and salary negotiated. some flexibility

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dreyer's in January 2010.

Interviewed with Hiring Manager 1 - 1:1
    2 supervisors together 2:1
    2 employees 2:1
    Second Manager - 1:1

The interview was typical interview questions you find on the internet. I noticed the people I interviewed with, except the Hiring Manager were inexperienced at interviewing and seemed just as nervous as I was. Then I realized later there is no organization and they pick random people to do interviews which is not good because you get some terrible employees that probably should have been fired years ago now.

Interview Questions
    • What is your weakness? Give me an example of teamwork? Influence skills?   Answer Question
    It was a lateral position so didn't negotiate

Human Resources Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dreyer's in July 2009.

Good Phone screen with person I would be replacing

Merch Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dreyer's in January 2009.

they called me...we talked..we met 6 days later...no job

Ice Cream Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dreyer's in January 2009.

This is the old Dreyer's hiring process at the closed TX facility: Applicants first came in for a aptitude test, including math and reasoning skills. Those that passed the aptitude test were asked to come in to interview. The interview was either a panel interview, or a round of interviews with a teamed pair of interviewers. Acceptable candidates were asked to take a drug screen and a physical.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were the basic questions that most interviewers use.   Answer Question
    The pay was set via a scale: pay-for-skills scale.

Field Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dreyer's in March 2008.

Through an inside contact secured a phone interview with the retail manager. Went in for a meet-and-greet and spoke casually him and one other managers. Atmosphere was casual and team-oriented. 2nd round of interview was a group/panel interview involving 4 new managers.
    Interview was Q&A based and some scenario role-playing. Best advise: Be yourself and memorize the company culture and expectations before-hand.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an older-age employee that questions or challenges your actions.   Answer Question

Warehouse Team Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dreyer's in March 2008.

I had an initial 1:1 interview with a single upper manager from the plant at an offsite location. about two weeks later I was asked to come on a site tour. After the site tour I particapated in three or four group (2 to 4 on the panel) interviews. The panels consisted of both management and hourly wage earners. Two to three days after the site visit I recevied an offer. I had to pass a drug screening and a background check prior to begining work.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about yourself/background etc.   View Answer
    • Tell us about some of the most difficult management decisions you have had to make in the past   View Answer
    I was satisfied with the initial offer so I did not feel the need to negotiate.