Dril-Quip

Relevance Date Difficulty

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer

Interviewed at Dril-Quip

Interview Details – Easy hiring process. they will pretty much send an offer to all candidates.

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dril-Quip in March 2010.

Interview Details – Campus and on-site interviews. Meet with most of the section leaders. Try to meet with some of the engineers and designers if possible. Dril-Quip is proud of their manufacturing facilities, so they always tour you around there.

Interview Question – Fairly straight-forward conversation about background. No real memorable questions. Mostly focused on mechanical aptitude, design skills, and group compatibility.   Answer Question

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Entry Level Design Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dril-Quip in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interviews are personality based. Second round consists of 5 30 min interviews with various managers. During the second round process they will take you to dinners and lunch. Overall the process is very time consuming.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Analysis Engineer Interview

Analysis Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dril-Quip.

Interview Details – This was an on campus interview that was pretty low key. Only took 30 minutes and a good portion of that was the interviewer explaining the companies operations. They also showed a video, which I thought was kind of strange for an interview. The couple questions they asked were behavioral. I was not invited to a second round interview. It took me months to find out, even after following up several times with both the employee that interviewed me and the recruiting manager. So that was frustrating, especially because the interviewer made it seem like I would be moving on to the next round both during the first interview and after following up.

Interview Question – Pretty generic behavioral questions. I think one was "talk about a time you solved a problem".   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer

Interviewed at Dril-Quip

Interview Details – After on campus interview, you will be asked to have 2 days 2nd interview. You will live in an assigned hotel and have steak dinner. The group interview and plant visit will be on the 2nd day.

Interview Question – What department are you interested in?   Answer Question

Worked for Dril-Quip? Contribute to the Community!