Dril-Quip Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2014
Updated Mar 25, 2014

2.7

Design Engineer Interview

Easy hiring process. they will pretty much send an offer to all candidates.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dril-Quip in March 2010.

Campus and on-site interviews. Meet with most of the section leaders. Try to meet with some of the engineers and designers if possible. Dril-Quip is proud of their manufacturing facilities, so they always tour you around there.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight-forward conversation about background. No real memorable questions. Mostly focused on mechanical aptitude, design skills, and group compatibility.   Answer Question

Entry Level Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dril-Quip in October 2013.

Interviews are personality based. Second round consists of 5 30 min interviews with various managers. During the second round process they will take you to dinners and lunch. Overall the process is very time consuming.

Analysis Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dril-Quip.

This was an on campus interview that was pretty low key. Only took 30 minutes and a good portion of that was the interviewer explaining the companies operations. They also showed a video, which I thought was kind of strange for an interview. The couple questions they asked were behavioral. I was not invited to a second round interview. It took me months to find out, even after following up several times with both the employee that interviewed me and the recruiting manager. So that was frustrating, especially because the interviewer made it seem like I would be moving on to the next round both during the first interview and after following up.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty generic behavioral questions. I think one was "talk about a time you solved a problem".   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

After on campus interview, you will be asked to have 2 days 2nd interview. You will live in an assigned hotel and have steak dinner. The group interview and plant visit will be on the 2nd day.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dril-Quip? Contribute to the Community!