Dripp

Relevance Date Difficulty

Shift Leader/Assistant Manager Interview

Shift Leader/Assistant Manager
Chino Hills, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dripp in May 2012.

Interview Details – I recieved an e-mail right away asking me to come in for an interview. At first, I was very excited to check out a very urban-feeling coffee shop. When I arrived to my interview which was scheduled at 1:30pm, I waited over an hour to be interviewed!! Apparently, the owner/ president of Dripp made a "mistake" and thought we were scheduled to interview at 1pm which he thought I just didn't show up to. Finally at 3pm, he took me outside away from the coffee shop so we could talk in peace. He basically focused on why my previous employer did not transfer me over to another section of the company when they decided to close one location...ummm, okay exactly how is that relevant? He did not seem to care that I have a BA in Communications, or that I have over two years of Supervisory experience or I possess over 10 years of food/ restaurant experience. He wanted to offer me minimum wage because I did not know how HIS methods of coffee making were. If you are a new coffee shop, who does??? He tried to low ball me with the pay he was offering me, he has no benefits to offer his employees and from what I see on Indeed.com he is looking for Supervisors and Management. BEWARE!!! He will not pay you what you are worth!!!! He was actually asking ME what I thought was a suitable hourly wage, in which he made a chart of writing Baristas: 8/hr, Leads: 10-12/hr and so on and so forth. He will be opening another coffee shop near Cal State Fullerton only because of a private investor, which means he can barely keep the one in Chino Hills open. GOOD LUCK DRIPP!!!!!!!

Interview Question – Why didn't your last employer transfer you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – He offered minimum wage because I was a "beginner" in his method of brewing coffee.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dripp? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dripp interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dripp employees and interview candidates.