Driscoll’s Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

3.1

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Driscoll’s in February 2015.

Interview

Questions were generally about one's skills and one's passion about the job. If you are knowledgeable and passionate, the interview itself should not be extraordinarily difficult. Many of the questions asked were questions that are commonly asked in many interviews. Expect a mix of "describe your skill set and projects" and "tell me about yourself" type questions.

Research Scientist to BE Based In Mexico Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

The Interview was for a research scientist position to be based in Mexico but advertised internationally. The entire process took about 4 months, extremely slow, mostly due to what seemed to be delays in communication between HR in Mexico and HR in Watsonville. Also seemed that no decision making could be done in Mexico without a prior approval from the HQ in California. After a number of phone conversations and a face-to-face interview in Mexico, a number of interviews/conversations were conducted for an entire day in California. About two weeks later a job offer was given, which offered significantly lower compensation package in comparison with what was held at the current position. It has to be mentioned also that Driscoll's HR knew about the compensation package at the current employer but still preceded with the numerous interviews, a trip within Mexico, a trip to California and at the end still offered a lower salary/benefit package, something that is somehow illogical and difficult to comprehend (waste of time/resources!). A revised compensation package was offered within approximately 10 days and it was still not very attractive and was declined again. A week after a call was made from Mexico HR saying that the company would not offer a better package and this was the end of the process. Regarding the company itself, people seemed very nice, welcoming and hospitable and the interview questions were mostly related to the job. However, by talking to different scientists some frustration related to the internal politics was noticeable although nobody went too much into the details. An advice to the management: if you would like to hire qualified and internationally competitive scientists to work in Mexico, where the company seem to be expanding very fast, then the hiring process and the compensation packages need to be reviewed and upgraded significantly; otherwise, the company seems not to be able to compete well on the job market and also the company develops a somehow “cheap” image making it unattractive to work at. This hurts the company, of course. In conclusion, I would have to say that I would not recommend scientists to apply to work at this organization since the company currently seems to be a little chaotic, disorganized and heavily bureaucratized, at least in Mexico.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to specific skills and the experience.   Answer Question

Market Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Driscoll’s.

Interview

Initial communication was pleasant and easy, the recruiter was very helpful about setting up a time to conduct the interview. The interview itself was ok. Reasonable questions asked by the interviewers and it was clear they wanted to know about the candidates knowledge in marketing/market analysis. In the end my experience in that area was not enough to be hired but I still found the interview to be fair and a good experience.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the interview was responding about my knowledge of marketing since I have had limited exposure to marketing.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Driscoll’s in February 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy. I attended several interviews. The first interview was over the phone then quickly followed by an in-person with the recruiter. I then met mainly in panels with 2-5 people meeting with me at once.

Interview Questions

• Why should we give you this job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Took time to review benefits and compensation and was very happy with the end result.

Consumer Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA).

Interview

This company often uses a recruiter for management level positions. After an interview with the recruiter you will be called in for a panel interview consisting of 3 to 4 managers from various departments. I had 8 interviews in total which consisted of a panel interview, multiple phone interviews, and a in person luncheon with the department team.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was to explain a time I handled negative feedback from a customer.   1 Answer

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with HR and Department head. While the process was very typical, I don't believe that enough information was gathered about my experience nor did the employer really know what they were looking for at the time. There are many questions that I would have asked and follow up would certainly have been more robust.

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I handed a recruiter my resume at a career fair at my university and was contacted a couple months later about the opportunity. They scheduled a preliminary phone interview with me for screening. I was then notified that they wanted to do a Skype interview. They provided me with helpful tips on how to be successful in the interview which really was a great thing. After the interview they let me know by the next week that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Recall a time where you struggled with something and tell how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Originally interviewed for one job but talked my way to a position I was more interested in, the Talent Acquisition role. As I did not have much prior experience in that role. we mainly talked about the company values and overall knowledge of company. Had a first round phone interview, followed by an in-person 1:1/group interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were salary ranges they had set for internships and they put me at the top due to the fact that I had a bachelor's degree.

Human Resources Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Submitted resume Phone Screening with Internship Program Manager Interview with hiring manager Offered internship

Interview Questions

• How have you demonstrated our values?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, I'm an intern!

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Watsonville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Driscoll’s (Watsonville, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

3 Rounds: 1st___Phone Interview 2nd__ Face-to-Face Interview 3rd___Three Top Candidates Interview PHONE INTERVIEW 1- They see your resume on-line and if they are interested in it, they give you a call. 2- During the first telephone call, they check you availability to get a phone interview 3- Phone Interview Duration: 30 minutes Interviewer: The interviewer was friendly and helpful QUESTIONS: Before starting with the actual interview, there is a bit of small talk (for example about the weather) They talk about your resume with you and might ask you some questions about it 1) Describe your last work experience. 2) What do you think about the company's Mission? 3) If you are not from the area they might ask you: What brought you to California?