DriveTime Automotive Group

1.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2013.

The initial communication was done over email. A recruiter reached me wanting to set up an interview. I was excited at the prospect of getting into the recruiting world. I emailed the recruiter a few days/times that worked for me but never heard back from her. I only heard back after I sent another email to her two days later. She was able to get me an interview immediately. I did my research on drivetime and was pleasantly surprised on how large of a building the mesa office was. It's a call center environment. The Receptionist wasn't the friendliest but the guy I interviewed with was overly nice and friendly.I found it a little weird that they didn't want to do a phone interview first especially since I have no prior experience in recruiting.

Interview Questions
  • There really wasn't a lot of questions during my interview   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Entry Level Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2012.

First step was an over the phone interview that happened maybe 4 days after the online application was placed. This was a VERY typical interview. Questions asked were: what do you know about the company? Can you give me a brief tour of your resume? Why are you interested in working for drivetime?

The entire phone interview took approximately 15min primary just to weed out those that can make themselves look good on paper, but really are unqualified.

About 2 days later an in person interview was scheduled. I went to the interview and the HR recruiter told me a great deal about drivetime, then asked if i had any questions. I asked simple questions about site location, benefits, and hours... After that we were done. There were LITERALLY NO INTERVIEW QUESTIONS. I have 4 years of recruiting experience and have never even heard of much less experienced an interview where no questions were asked...

I don't know if this is standard practice, if they already decided on someone but still had to interview me, or if in some way they didn't like my physical appearance (i am older then the interviewer) ... But this just struck me and VERY unprofessional.

I will not apply again, nor accept if they contact me later on wanting another interview.

Interview Questions