DriveTime Automotive Group Sales Advisor - Full Time Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (McAllen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day later got a call from a recruiter. We talked for a while, he said he liked my outgoing personality, and he asked me to go to an interview a few hours from that time! So I hurried, got ready, drove 45 minutes away and had an interview with the Sales Manager and the General Manager. I thought that went well. The recruiter called me the next day and said they wanted to push me through to the third round of interviews he wanted me to have a Skype interview an hour and a half from that time. So again, I rushed, got ready, set up Skype (which gave me issues for not using in so long). Finally got connected with the Area Manager and him and I talked for a while. The interviews were very conversation-like. Then, the following day, they just sent me an email saying they're still liking for someone who more closely fits what they were looking for. Overall, it was a very fast moving process, (and despite having a 4-month-old baby-still made these last minute interviews). I felt as if each interview went well and was given feedback from the recruiter to back that up. But it was an ok experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DriveTime? What drew your attention to this position? How can the experience you have tie into this position? What do you understand about the position? Would you be willing to relocate? Do you feel that you are a good fit for the position? Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I saw the job online. I spoke to a recruiter soon afterwards & had a phone screen interview. A few days passed, and an interview was scheduled for a dealership visit and a 1-on-1. After 1-on-1, background check & drug test was done. It took about a week, soon after I was given a job offer.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely easy and different than a typical interview. It was laid back. The recruiter contacted me a day after I submitted my application and gave me a very detailed and helpful overview of the company and what they look for in the interview. He set me up with an in person interview the next day. I went through 2 interviews in one day. The first interview was with 3 sales managers; the second was with a new sales manager and general manager. After the in person interview I was set up to shadow the position in which I had applied for. I sat with 3 different sales advisors and they took me through their everyday routine. Everyone was super friendly and welcoming as if it were really my first day there. I got a call back from my recruiter the same day about 4 hours later saying the entire staff LOVED me and would like to offer me the position. Overall, the process took about 3 days.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Online. Recruiter very nice and knowledgable. Contacted hiring manager afterward to set up interview. Straightforward questions. Met other employees. Nice retail feel and felt at home. Interested in training part going forward.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with in HR associate. An interview with the general manager at the site then followed. For my final interview I spoke with the regional manager over the phone which was supposed to be a Skype interview. Overall the interview was very laid-back. My advice would be to seem as outgoing as possible to land the job. In the interview ask as many questions as possible.

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Hiring recruiter is VERY aggressive and persistent, as I had never applied for his job on any job board or website. She left VM, e-mails, text messages and called constantly. Interviewed initially with the 2 General Managers that had opening in their stores on opposite sides of town. Casual but still with an agenda. 2nd portion of the interview was with the Regional manager, who seemed much more intimidating but also less interested and distracted. The regional manager asked initially about any hand/visible tattoos as a candidate before me had these. Interview was very calm, and for a previous hiring manager myself, this was pretty typical. The GM that was going to take me to his store rounded out the interview and confirmed schedules and start date, pending the background check pass. I did have to orchestrate most of my own background check to move it along.

Interview Questions

• Questions about potential visible tattoos or my facial hair.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None needed, competitive salary and generous commission rates.

Application

Interview

I went through two interviews in the same day, first one is with the GM of the store and then the Regional Mgr., if they really like you then they will set up the second interview the same day or soon...also when they tell you to talk to other sales reps. after the first interview, this is a critical step because they want to see how the other advisors feel about you as well, so be energetic, ask quality questions and be extremely motivated because if the other advisors dont approve of you, the you may not get hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base Salary is non-negotiable

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in December 2014.

Interview

Process was smooth, everything happened in 3-4 days from application to interview. However it seemed I was being led on throughout the process when they decided not to offer anything after the interview despite giving me positive feedback after the recruiter phone call and interview. I Recommend not getting too excited when things seem to be going well with the process.

Anonymous Employee in Montclair, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Montclair, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview process was not difficult at all. It was actually very informal as both people I met with were down to earth and spoke with me as if I was hired before I even expressed interest in the job. I met with one GM and the company director. I stated some background information about myself and why I was interested in a new career path and was briefed about the DriveTime culture and why I would fit in it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, just presented me with the opportunity and asked if it was right for me. I agreed and decided to try a new career path.