DriveTime Automotive Group

66 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager In Training Interview

Sales Manager In Training

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – I met with the Regional Mgr and the Regional HR Mgr in Charlotte, NC. HR Mgr is a woman who has been with the co. 6 mos and has no sales/auto background and it shows. Why she was even there I have no idea except that the Reg. Mgr is so inept he needed help. Regional Mgr was poorly dressed, (they both were) very unprofessional and absolutely clueless as to how to conduct an interview. I met them at a DT store, what a dump. They seemed irritated at my past high income and spent most of the time asking me questions that were specific to their company policy, which I would have no real way of answering.
They spoke very poorly of their customers and the Reg. Mgr used profanity in the interview. Ignorant, amatuerish and low class. I never even got a call back on their decision and I was referred by a current employee. I would have declined any offer regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would stop you from leaving if you were offered a higher paying position in a different industry.   View Answers (2)
  • Asked by Reg. Mgr -What would you say if I told you I don't give a sh*t about budget?   View Answer

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Customer Service - Call Center
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed & asked around. Received a call to schedule a phone interview. Then was asked to come in for a one on one. It took about 3 hours with the 1:1, drug test, panel interview, skills test. The people were nice, culture seemed fresh. Formerly Ugly Duckling.

Interview Question – Have you had to write responses to customers. Would you please do a writing sample?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are considering this company don't put all your eggs in one basket, do some comparison shopping prior to going in. This company changes a lot. If that makes you a little scared, ask around and read online reviews before you interview. I would also recommend looking at a few others prior to this one.

Operations Advisor Interview

Operations Advisor
Stone Mountain, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Several interviews!
I think I had 4 in one week.

Interview Question – The questions were difficult. I just had a extremely difficult time reading my interviewer. I had no idea if I had the job after a total of 4 interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiating. I wish I would have. That was an eventful positon to say the least.

Loan Advisor Interview

Loan Advisor

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2012.

Interview Details – They normally hire through a staffing agency. You start off normally with a group interview where 5-6 interviewers ask multiple questions to 5-8 candidates. Then candidates are called out of the room one by one. You go into a room where you have 1 or 2 people interviewing you. However they continue to ask you questions as you wait around the round table. After the interview they walk away to discuss if they are hiring you. They either tell you that you need to take a drug test, which they provide or the agency will call you (meaning you did not get the position). They look for outgoing people that see themselves moving up in the company.

Interview Question – What is your ideal position, and how does it correlate with the position you are applying for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation because I was hired through a temp agency. I asked for a raise after my 90 days but it was brushed aside.

Software Intern Interview

Software Intern
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2013.

Interview Details – 2nd interview over the phone

Interview Question – Abstract vs interface?   Answer Question

Operations Advisor Interview

Operations Advisor

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details – Make sure to not be truthful tell them what they want to hear and that's what you will be doing for the rest of your time there too

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 10 years   Answer Question

Lot Attendant Interview

Lot Attendant
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2012.

Interview Details – My first step was a phone call with a recruiter. She asked if i could drive a manual car, be on my feet all day, intermittent weather. After that she set me up an in person interview with a manager who told me about the job basically. Then there was a second interview with a general manager and the regional manager. They asked me about if i liked cars, can perform minor maintenance and my ability to do physical labor for eight hours a day. They let you hangout with an employee in the same position to get a fell for their job while they make their decision. I cant remember if they tell you you got the job before you leave of if they give you a call. Their hiring process is also very slow, it took me about a month from the recruiter to my start date.

Interview Question – The most difficult was when they asked if i could perform the physical labor.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay is based on experience minimum 11 an hour, max is 13.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Arlington, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details – Hiring was done by a panel of managers and the regional manager. They will start off with individual questions then they all jump in if they like are really considering you. Then you will have a second interview with a GM of the store usually where you will work at.

Interview Question – You must be able to be comfortable with tough questions, they want to know you can stand up to customers and hold your ground while making a good impression.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a base salary plus commission.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details – The interviews, local manager, peer manager, and regional manager.

Interview Question – Very straightforward, focus on coaching employees and reaching sales goals   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Loan Advisor Interview

Loan Advisor
Fort Worth, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2013.

Interview Details – Well, I applied on a Thursday evening, the following morning I received a call wanting to go over my resume. Then, after answering a few questions she felt that I was qualified enough to continue on to the interview process. First, I received a personality test that was 12 pages.

Interview Question – Secondly, the first part of the testing portion of the test was a timed test (10 minutes) it got difficult within the first 5 minutes. So, I will update after my interview tomorrow. The pay is $14.00 per hour, if its not higher ... I will probably pass on the position.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DriveTime Automotive Group

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DriveTime Automotive Group interview questions and advice. All 66 interview reviews posted anonymously by DriveTime Automotive Group employees and interview candidates.