DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.2

Sales Manager In Training Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2010.

I met with the Regional Mgr and the Regional HR Mgr in Charlotte, NC. HR Mgr is a woman who has been with the co. 6 mos and has no sales/auto background and it shows. Why she was even there I have no idea except that the Reg. Mgr is so inept he needed help. Regional Mgr was poorly dressed, (they both were) very unprofessional and absolutely clueless as to how to conduct an interview. I met them at a DT store, what a dump. They seemed irritated at my past high income and spent most of the time asking me questions that were specific to their company policy, which I would have no real way of answering.
    They spoke very poorly of their customers and the Reg. Mgr used profanity in the interview. Ignorant, amatuerish and low class. I never even got a call back on their decision and I was referred by a current employee. I would have declined any offer regardless.

Interview Questions
    • What would stop you from leaving if you were offered a higher paying position in a different industry.   View Answers (2)
    • Asked by Reg. Mgr -What would you say if I told you I don't give a sh*t about budget?   View Answers (2)

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2011.

Interviewed & asked around. Received a call to schedule a phone interview. Then was asked to come in for a one on one. It took about 3 hours with the 1:1, drug test, panel interview, skills test. The people were nice, culture seemed fresh. Formerly Ugly Duckling.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had to write responses to customers. Would you please do a writing sample?   View Answer
    If you are considering this company don't put all your eggs in one basket, do some comparison shopping prior to going in. This company changes a lot. If that makes you a little scared, ask around and read online reviews before you interview. I would also recommend looking at a few others prior to this one.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2012.

Several interviews!
    I think I had 4 in one week.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were difficult. I just had a extremely difficult time reading my interviewer. I had no idea if I had the job after a total of 4 interviews.   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiating. I wish I would have. That was an eventful positon to say the least.

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I received a call from a recruiter on career builder they scheduled a interview. I went to their campus in east Mesa and interviewed. I received a dry email stating that they have elected to go with another candidate. They are big on office culture. the question they asked me were about my knowledge of fdcpa cfpb and state specific laws.

Interview Questions
    • Being that you just completed school in a unrelated field why are you going back into collections.   View Answer

Operations Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in August 2014.

I was initially contacted by a recruiter who found my resume on CareerBuilder; after I spoke on the phone with my recruiter, she set me up with the General Manager at the dealership closest to me. I actually didn't get the position I was interviewing for (sales), but the GM and my recruiter worked together to find a position in the dealership for me to get me some more experience before I move to the sales floor. I have been in the Operations position since I started in August and I couldn't be happier. I am so glad that my GM didn't just tell me no, but wanted to find the best fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • I really don't remember much of the interview, but I do remember that it was only about 15 minutes and it was a pretty standard sales interview.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate since I am new to the car sales industry, and it is more than I was making at my previous job.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I went through two interviews in the same day, first one is with the GM of the store and then the Regional Mgr., if they really like you then they will set up the second interview the same day or soon...also when they tell you to talk to other sales reps. after the first interview, this is a critical step because they want to see how the other advisors feel about you as well, so be energetic, ask quality questions and be extremely motivated because if the other advisors dont approve of you, the you may not get hired

Base Salary is non-negotiable

Loan Advisor Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2012.

They normally hire through a staffing agency. You start off normally with a group interview where 5-6 interviewers ask multiple questions to 5-8 candidates. Then candidates are called out of the room one by one. You go into a room where you have 1 or 2 people interviewing you. However they continue to ask you questions as you wait around the round table. After the interview they walk away to discuss if they are hiring you. They either tell you that you need to take a drug test, which they provide or the agency will call you (meaning you did not get the position). They look for outgoing people that see themselves moving up in the company.

Interview Questions
    • What is your ideal position, and how does it correlate with the position you are applying for?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation because I was hired through a temp agency. I asked for a raise after my 90 days but it was brushed aside.

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2013.

2nd interview over the phone

Operations Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Make sure to not be truthful tell them what they want to hear and that's what you will be doing for the rest of your time there too

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2012.

My first step was a phone call with a recruiter. She asked if i could drive a manual car, be on my feet all day, intermittent weather. After that she set me up an in person interview with a manager who told me about the job basically. Then there was a second interview with a general manager and the regional manager. They asked me about if i liked cars, can perform minor maintenance and my ability to do physical labor for eight hours a day. They let you hangout with an employee in the same position to get a fell for their job while they make their decision. I cant remember if they tell you you got the job before you leave of if they give you a call. Their hiring process is also very slow, it took me about a month from the recruiter to my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was when they asked if i could perform the physical labor.   View Answer
    The pay is based on experience minimum 11 an hour, max is 13.