DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2010.

Interview

I met with the Regional Mgr and the Regional HR Mgr in Charlotte, NC. HR Mgr is a woman who has been with the co. 6 mos and has no sales/auto background and it shows. Why she was even there I have no idea except that the Reg. Mgr is so inept he needed help. Regional Mgr was poorly dressed, (they both were) very unprofessional and absolutely clueless as to how to conduct an interview. I met them at a DT store, what a dump. They seemed irritated at my past high income and spent most of the time asking me questions that were specific to their company policy, which I would have no real way of answering. They spoke very poorly of their customers and the Reg. Mgr used profanity in the interview. Ignorant, amatuerish and low class. I never even got a call back on their decision and I was referred by a current employee. I would have declined any offer regardless.

Interview Questions

• What would stop you from leaving if you were offered a higher paying position in a different industry.   2 Answers
    • Asked by Reg. Mgr -What would you say if I told you I don't give a sh*t about budget?   2 Answers

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2011.

Interview

Interviewed & asked around. Received a call to schedule a phone interview. Then was asked to come in for a one on one. It took about 3 hours with the 1:1, drug test, panel interview, skills test. The people were nice, culture seemed fresh. Formerly Ugly Duckling.

Interview Questions

• Have you had to write responses to customers. Would you please do a writing sample?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are considering this company don't put all your eggs in one basket, do some comparison shopping prior to going in. This company changes a lot. If that makes you a little scared, ask around and read online reviews before you interview. I would also recommend looking at a few others prior to this one.

Operations Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stone Mountain, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Stone Mountain, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Several interviews! I think I had 4 in one week.

Interview Questions

• The questions were difficult. I just had a extremely difficult time reading my interviewer. I had no idea if I had the job after a total of 4 interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiating. I wish I would have. That was an eventful positon to say the least.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted resume to recruiter. Interview was set up a few days later. Was told to dress in business casual and that I would likely meet 5-8 people but they could not really tell me who for sure ahead of time. Arrived 15 min early as is custom. Made me wait at least 15-20 before bringing me back and it wasn't even the person who was supposed to I found out. Started right off the bat asking why I want to leave current employer, what don't I like about my current position. What are my weaknesses, strengths, what was in my last performance review. Does title mean everything to you. Lots of questions not really pertaining to any actual work experience and zero situational questions. 3 rounds of two people for 2 hrs when was only supposed to be 90 min. Gave brain teasers basically just to "show" they are smarter than you. The most negative interview I have ever done. To say the least I didn't make the 2nd round yet kept me over time and would have brought more ppl if they could. Heard denial by end of the day.

Interview Questions

• If you could give a 360 review of your current manager what would you say? Why are you looking to leave? Please explain your exits from past jobs. If your current job gave you a counter would you stay?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter on career builder they scheduled a interview. I went to their campus in east Mesa and interviewed. I received a dry email stating that they have elected to go with another candidate. They are big on office culture. the question they asked me were about my knowledge of fdcpa cfpb and state specific laws.

Interview Questions

• Being that you just completed school in a unrelated field why are you going back into collections.   1 Answer

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in February 2015.

Interview

No effort to get to know me at all. Just badgering about previous pay and reasons for departure, mixed in with cliche interview questions. They told me that the position is not guaranteed, that I would be demoted into collections after 3 months unless I wanted to get my 4 year degree. I have a 2 year degree and 10 years phone and internet sales experience, and asked if I am a top performer, can they make an exception. Was told most likely not. I shadowed a rep and the job was really ghetto. Apparently you need a Bachelor's degree to set appointments with Laqueefa Jefferson in Alabama to get a ride to a sub prime car lot. Bonus relies on company numbers and is capped. I was overqualified and they knew it, so they didn't hire me.

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2015.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with in HR associate. An interview with the general manager at the site then followed. For my final interview I spoke with the regional manager over the phone which was supposed to be a Skype interview. Overall the interview was very laid-back. My advice would be to seem as outgoing as possible to land the job. In the interview ask as many questions as possible.

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Columbus, OH) in April 2015.

Interview

Online. Recruiter very nice and knowledgable. Contacted hiring manager afterward to set up interview. Straightforward questions. Met other employees. Nice retail feel and felt at home. Interested in training part going forward.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I applied online. it took only 2 days for the HR to contact me. I had an phone interviewing with the HR. all the questions were behavioral based. then she set up an in person interview on the very next day. I met up with the hiring manager and a supervisor for the position I applied for. again, they asked me all the behavioral questions.

Quality Software Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Very engaging. Met with 8 people over the course of three hours. Met individuals from the different scrum teams, the IT directors and the CIO. We discussed everything from what the job entailed to how strong handshakes make a difference in life.

Interview Questions

• How do i think my engergy level will mesh with others   1 Answer