DriveTime Automotive Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (McAllen, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and a day later got a call from a recruiter. We talked for a while, he said he liked my outgoing personality, and he asked me to go to an interview a few hours from that time! So I hurried, got ready, drove 45 minutes away and had an interview with the Sales Manager and the General Manager. I thought that went well. The recruiter called me the next day and said they wanted to push me through to the third round of interviews he wanted me to have a Skype interview an hour and a half from that time. So again, I rushed, got ready, set up Skype (which gave me issues for not using in so long). Finally got connected with the Area Manager and him and I talked for a while. The interviews were very conversation-like. Then, the following day, they just sent me an email saying they're still liking for someone who more closely fits what they were looking for. Overall, it was a very fast moving process, (and despite having a 4-month-old baby-still made these last minute interviews). I felt as if each interview went well and was given feedback from the recruiter to back that up. But it was an ok experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DriveTime? What drew your attention to this position? How can the experience you have tie into this position? What do you understand about the position? Would you be willing to relocate? Do you feel that you are a good fit for the position? Do you prefer to work alone or on a team?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2013.

Interview

It was a good cop bad cop kind of interview. This polite older guy asked very informative questions while this very rude guy sat in the corner drawing pictures while every now and again asking me questions that had already been asked. While the older guy and I got along, the other guy seemed as if he had zero place in that industry. I have several friends who work here and I was told by them that I was supposed to be hired. I called management a couple times to follow up and left messages. No response. In fact, a month later a recruiter offered me another interview. On the day of the interview the recruiter called back and said because I was interviewed before, that I could not do so again for another year. Fast forward another year. I re-apply. The recruiter calls and she asks what my goal would be with this job. I advised because of my call center, customer service and management background that I am looking to promote within. I advised her that I wanted a company to grow with and furthermore I was open to any opportunity to explore this business. She replied with, "We don't have room for that here." Than immediately tried getting me off the phone. What is going on at this place?! Get your act together!

Interview Questions

• they ultimately want to know how well you work under pressure in a high stress environment   Answer Question

Operations Advisor Interview

Interview

It was very easy. More conversation than an actual interview. Just basically wanted to know if I could do the job. I didn't actually apply for the job, I was recruited by HR.

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

Very easy and quick interview. Did not last more than 20 mins. one interview with 2 supervisors/managers from different departments and then the decision. A drug test is given on site after the interview if the decision is a yes

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (San Antonio, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

After applying, you are sent to the nearest dealership to meet with the General Manager and a Sales Advisor. You are asked about your background, sales experience, and your motivation to sell cars.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Where do you find your self in five years? 2.) Have you stayed longer than your shift to complete a transaction with a customer?   1 Answer

Loan Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2014.

Interview

Phone interview. In person interview with 3 managers at the same time. Then off to the next room for another interview with 2 more managers. I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I

Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview

I saw the job online. I spoke to a recruiter soon afterwards & had a phone screen interview. A few days passed, and an interview was scheduled for a dealership visit and a 1-on-1. After 1-on-1, background check & drug test was done. It took about a week, soon after I was given a job offer.

Field Remarketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

4 telephone interviews and 1 where they flew me to Phoenix. All casual.They told me I had too much experience with an established company and they had issues w/ other people fitting into their workplace environment in the past. They are big on what they think is a special culture. Reminds me of any other company that is growing. Think they would have realized that with my resume before flying me out to visit. Very over-rated opinion of their company culture. They sell junk cars!!

Interview Questions

• Business topics discussed - Talked about remarketing. No set questions except from 1 guy and it was strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first called by a recruiter, who essentially wanted to perform a phone interview/screening. After I passed this round of the process, I was invited to come into the office for an in-person interview. While in the office, I spoke with two Senior Recruiters who I would be reporting to and spent time shadowing an HR Coordinator.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about yourself." "What kinds of things are you interested in?"   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group (Mesa, AZ) in June 2015.

Interview

I originally applied for this job a couple of months ago online but received an email saying I did not qualify for the position. Over a month passed and I received a call from a DT recruiter saying they changed the parameters to the recruiter position and were interested in interviewing me. Recruiter went over the daily routine of the job as well as the average pay and how bonuses are achieved. She also asked me the same questions that they asked in the face to face interview(See Below) and gave me feedback on my answers and tips on how to improve my responses. She said I sounded like a good canidate and scheduled a face to face interview for the following Monday. Went through 2 seperate interviews each lasting 30 minutes and was asked the exact same questions I went through on the phone with the recruiter. Once I finished with the first interviewer he left and a second person came in to interview me and asked the exact same questions. Felt I was ready with great responses and built great rapport with both of them. I asked multiple questions about the job and kept the interview flowing at a great pace. There were no dead silences or awkard moments. The hour flew by and I felt great leaving the interview. Received the exact same automated email I had received previously stating I was not picked for the position because I was not a match for what they are looking for. Been in retail for 15 years including management and have experience in recruitment. They did mention a majority of people that were hired on have no past experience in recruiting so I can see why I was not a fit.

Interview Questions

• What do you do for fun?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself   1 Answer
    • What kind of culture are you looking for here at Drivetime?   1 Answer