DriveTime Automotive Group

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Hiring was done by a panel of managers and the regional manager. They will start off with individual questions then they all jump in if they like are really considering you. Then you will have a second interview with a GM of the store usually where you will work at.

Interview Questions
    • You must be able to be comfortable with tough questions, they want to know you can stand up to customers and hold your ground while making a good impression.   Answer Question
    They have a base salary plus commission.

Operations Advisor Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Really easy interview. Went over the Resume for a little bit. Normal stuff. And then talked about what do I like to do for fun. Sports ect. Why am I unique.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Just normal go over your past jobs and resume questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2012.

My first step was a phone call with a recruiter. She asked if i could drive a manual car, be on my feet all day, intermittent weather. After that she set me up an in person interview with a manager who told me about the job basically. Then there was a second interview with a general manager and the regional manager. They asked me about if i liked cars, can perform minor maintenance and my ability to do physical labor for eight hours a day. They let you hangout with an employee in the same position to get a fell for their job while they make their decision. I cant remember if they tell you you got the job before you leave of if they give you a call. Their hiring process is also very slow, it took me about a month from the recruiter to my start date.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult was when they asked if i could perform the physical labor.   View Answer
    The pay is based on experience minimum 11 an hour, max is 13.

Can't Risk It--I Haven't Found Another Job Yet Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

The hiring process wasn't bad. Recruiter called, we set up an interview, and after a few hours of interviewing, was hired on the spot. They did a good job of selling me on a good company culture, work life balance, fast upward mobility, employee value, and open and honest communication. My advice: run. I will be very leary of companies who try to sell themselves to me, instead of the other way around, in the future. They are completely different than what they portray to be during the interview process and they don't deliver on any promises. Your personal success does not matter, regardless of what they say. There is a very high turnover for a reason.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just want you to talk about yourself. It's just filler to make it feel like an interview, they don't really care.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2013.

I was contacted within two days of submitting my application online. There was a phone interview with someone from HR, and she scheduled the interview in the store around my schedule. I had a great interview experience. The GM and SM had to keep taking turns because they were working with customers at the time of my interview. The GM was very knowledgeable about the company and the benefits. He was able to accurately set the expectation for the job description, and offered me the position on the spot. Within 30 minutes after leaving the interview, the Market manager for the district called to congratulate me, ask a few more questions, and offer me the position as well. The HR department called me back within the hour and set up a time for me to take my drug test. I started a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The GM asked me questions about my experience, and asked for specific customer experience examples. He asked about my family life and personal life and let me know up front that the work hours are the number one reason people leave. We talked about sports and restaurants and I felt like he really tried to get to know me as a person.   Answer Question

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

DT has many job fairs and many people get hired on the spot.
    I was referred by a friend so my interview was very easy. The supervisor and department head interviewed me. It was more like a casual chat, we talked mostly about my adventures in South Africa (i had just gotten back when i interviewed)

Interview Questions
    for the entry level positions, all salaries are set. every year the bonus structure gets reviewed

Managerial Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Had an interview over the phone with the HR and later with the hiring Manager. Called for the onsite interview with two Managers. First scheduled interview was cancelled and re-scheduled by them due to the production issues. When finally interview date came the other interviewer was late. Thought the interview went well but suddenly I was told the second group interview was going to be re-scheduled at a later date with different team since that was a better match. Well, I was never contacted as promised. Most weird interview experience I ever had as a whole.

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2013.

Well, I applied on a Thursday evening, the following morning I received a call wanting to go over my resume. Then, after answering a few questions she felt that I was qualified enough to continue on to the interview process. First, I received a personality test that was 12 pages.

Interview Questions
    • Secondly, the first part of the testing portion of the test was a timed test (10 minutes) it got difficult within the first 5 minutes. So, I will update after my interview tomorrow. The pay is $14.00 per hour, if its not higher ... I will probably pass on the position.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

The interviews, local manager, peer manager, and regional manager.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward, focus on coaching employees and reaching sales goals   Answer Question
    Easy.

Loan Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2013.

Interviewed with recruiter at Volt. Then interviewed with 4 individuals on management team at DriveTime in Fort Worth a few days later. Took in-mouth drug test after interview and was given job on the spot.