DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.2

Sales Manager Interview

basic 3 person panel interview with pretty standard questions to answer. ie. tell us about why you would be most qualified for this position what is the hardest thing for you to do in a work setting, how do you handle stress, are you an out of box thinker, explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement

Interview Questions
    • explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Phone then office interview.
    Great company to work for.

no negotiation

Intern - Analytics/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in March 2014.

Pretty straightforward interview process, the interviewer seemed to be mostly going off my resume and questions were mostly focused on my past experience. The interview was initially supposed to be in person, but since I went to school out of state I did it over Skype instead. It helped that I knew someone in the company who I had previously worked with and could vouch for me.

Operations Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Make sure to not be truthful tell them what they want to hear and that's what you will be doing for the rest of your time there too

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

The same as everywhere else: Phone interview by a recruiter then a in person interview with Store manger and market manager. Then they call you that day and let you know.

Interview Questions
    • Same as every other interview questions straight out of the interview handbook. Situational questions and how did you nresolve a problem   View Answer

Auto Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in February 2014.

Interviewed with 3 people. Easy questions. Seemed really pressed for help. Leaves me somewhat skeptical.

Threw out an hourly figure. They jumped all over it. Made wish I'd gone for more...

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Hiring was done by a panel of managers and the regional manager. They will start off with individual questions then they all jump in if they like are really considering you. Then you will have a second interview with a GM of the store usually where you will work at.

Interview Questions
    • You must be able to be comfortable with tough questions, they want to know you can stand up to customers and hold your ground while making a good impression.   Answer Question
    They have a base salary plus commission.

Operations Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Really easy interview. Went over the Resume for a little bit. Normal stuff. And then talked about what do I like to do for fun. Sports ect. Why am I unique.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Just normal go over your past jobs and resume questions   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Can't Risk It--I Haven't Found Another Job Yet Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

The hiring process wasn't bad. Recruiter called, we set up an interview, and after a few hours of interviewing, was hired on the spot. They did a good job of selling me on a good company culture, work life balance, fast upward mobility, employee value, and open and honest communication. My advice: run. I will be very leary of companies who try to sell themselves to me, instead of the other way around, in the future. They are completely different than what they portray to be during the interview process and they don't deliver on any promises. Your personal success does not matter, regardless of what they say. There is a very high turnover for a reason.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult or unexpected. Just want you to talk about yourself. It's just filler to make it feel like an interview, they don't really care.   Answer Question

Internet Sales Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

DT has many job fairs and many people get hired on the spot.
    I was referred by a friend so my interview was very easy. The supervisor and department head interviewed me. It was more like a casual chat, we talked mostly about my adventures in South Africa (i had just gotten back when i interviewed)

Interview Questions
    for the entry level positions, all salaries are set. every year the bonus structure gets reviewed