DriveTime Automotive Group

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details – The same as everywhere else: Phone interview by a recruiter then a in person interview with Store manger and market manager. Then they call you that day and let you know.

Interview Question – Same as every other interview questions straight out of the interview handbook. Situational questions and how did you nresolve a problem   View Answer

Columbus, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted within two days of submitting my application online. There was a phone interview with someone from HR, and she scheduled the interview in the store around my schedule. I had a great interview experience. The GM and SM had to keep taking turns because they were working with customers at the time of my interview. The GM was very knowledgeable about the company and the benefits. He was able to accurately set the expectation for the job description, and offered me the position on the spot. Within 30 minutes after leaving the interview, the Market manager for the district called to congratulate me, ask a few more questions, and offer me the position as well. The HR department called me back within the hour and set up a time for me to take my drug test. I started a week later.

Interview Question – The GM asked me questions about my experience, and asked for specific customer experience examples. He asked about my family life and personal life and let me know up front that the work hours are the number one reason people leave. We talked about sports and restaurants and I felt like he really tried to get to know me as a person.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor

I applied in-person and interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Interview Details – I got a job interview through a job fair and the general manager gave me a call to set up an interview the next day. I was interviewed by a marketing manager, the general manager, and a senior sales advisor. They asked standard interview questions. They are wanting motivated sales advisors and the questions are focued on how you would do in a sales enviroment.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Sales Advisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2012.

Interview Details – After applying online, I received a phone call about a week later that my application was received and that I would be getting a phone call from a hiring manager. I had a phone screen, and invited for a 1-on-1 interview at a nearby location shortly thereafter. I was invited back for a 2nd interview with 2-on-1. A day or 2 later I was offered the job.

Interview Question – Very general interview process. Little or no surprise questions. They will ask how you handle a certain type of clientele.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation -- Take it or leave it.

Jackson, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – The initial hiring process was at a hotel. Everyone was very nice and professional. They asked several questions about experience and what they thought I could offer. They also informed me that they take a lot of pride in academic experience coming from many different types of backgrounds.

Mesa, AZ

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Was contacted by HR manager after posting resume on college job board.
2. Had 1st interview that week at a dealership. with GM.
3. Scheduled 2nd interview for next business day with GM and Regional Manager.
4. Hired on the spot contingent on immediate drug test that day.

Interview Question – Nothing too difficult. General informal interviews.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations for SA role. Salary expectations will be known before offer.

Very Easy Interview

Sale Advisor Interview

Jacksonville, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – This Company does not know how to hire qualified personnel. I supposed to have a interview with some guy, but they never showed up, instead I had one with the GM. He was his hispanic and I didn't understand much of his accent. He was not even prepared just a few pieces of paper from my online application. He told me about drive time how they work and operate. I ask me a few interview questions and about my last job. He told me the kind of candidate he is looking for, not the old type of salesmen, but a new way of selling. The job requires you to gets sales leads from the internet. 8am to 8pm the store hours are. I was told I have to work the store hours 6 days a week only sunday off if was offered the job. The GM told me he been with drive time 2 years. After the interview I was told that somone from HR will have a interview with me in the soon. I waited 10 min. Then the GM came by and told me HR will call me sometime soon for another interview. No one called that day or the next 2 days. I called back to the GM and he said they are just busy with interviews. I guess I am getting the run around. So don't bother to guess if you get the job or not. If they are interested in you they would give 2 interviews and drug test then wait to to see.

Interview Questions

Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2010.

Interview Details – Found the job at craigslist. Interviewed online and received a call shortly after and interviewed at the store that I would be working at. The initial interview process was informal, just talking about the job. It was a feeling out process. Both managers were honest about what they were looking for.

Went on to the 2nd interview with corporate, for a more formal interview. Generic interview questions...

Interview Question – What would your ideal job be?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by email and was asked to call to schedule for an interview. At that time, I was able to speak with the location GM who scheduled a time for the interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of talking about my past experiences in management and just small talk about various other things. The GM explained that everyone generally starts at this level even if they are experienced and will have the opportunity to move on to other positions later on. I was also shown what the commission structure would be like and then told that the position is paid hourly. I was then told the position is filled however other locations are in need that I would be contacted to schedule a second interview. When I contacted them later on , I was told there was no word on it yet and a few days later I received the Dear John email. Basically, the GM did not have the balls to tell me directly that I was not the right fit for the job. I was clearly overqualified for this position and I would not have accepted an offer anyway because the base salary is way too low and so are the starting commissions. In all fairness, the job maybe OK for someone who is just out of high school and OK earning a minimum wage salary. If you are expecting to support a family with this salary, you will be disappointed.

Interview Question – Tell me about your last position   Answer Question

Sales Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2011.

Interview Details – Semi easy process but unorthodox

Interview Question – Do you have any auto sales experience   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at DriveTime Automotive Group

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at DriveTime Automotive Group Sales Advisor interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by DriveTime Automotive Group employees and interview candidates.