DriveTime Automotive Group

1.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

Hiring recruiter is VERY aggressive and persistent, as I had never applied for his job on any job board or website. She left VM, e-mails, text messages and called constantly.

Interviewed initially with the 2 General Managers that had opening in their stores on opposite sides of town. Casual but still with an agenda. 2nd portion of the interview was with the Regional manager, who seemed much more intimidating but also less interested and distracted. The regional manager asked initially about any hand/visible tattoos as a candidate before me had these.

Interview was very calm, and for a previous hiring manager myself, this was pretty typical. The GM that was going to take me to his store rounded out the interview and confirmed schedules and start date, pending the background check pass.

I did have to orchestrate most of my own background check to move it along.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about potential visible tattoos or my facial hair.   Answer Question
None needed, competitive salary and generous commission rates.

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I went through two interviews in the same day, first one is with the GM of the store and then the Regional Mgr., if they really like you then they will set up the second interview the same day or soon...also when they tell you to talk to other sales reps. after the first interview, this is a critical step because they want to see how the other advisors feel about you as well, so be energetic, ask quality questions and be extremely motivated because if the other advisors dont approve of you, the you may not get hired

Base Salary is non-negotiable

Sales Advisor Interview

the interview process is so easy and simple, you don't have to do 10 interviews in order to get the job like other companies, no need for math, science and biology test
    they call you back even if you have not been selected.
    HR follow up with you and they are so friendly

Interview Questions
    • there is no difficult question, the interview went smooth and easy   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in October 2014.

It was pretty flowing and comfortable. I had good opportunity to give information about myself along with learning about the company. I was able to learn about the training process time along with what DriveTime is about.

It was pretty relaxed and satisfactory.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2014.

Applied to posting online. Received a call about 1 week later from a recruiter. I was asked behavioral questions and the process took about 30 minutes. At the end of the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled me with the Manager of the store a few days later. The manager sat and asked general question, mainly about why Drivetime? There was no structure to the Manager's questions, it was as if he was unprepared for the interview. I had a second interview with a Market Manager. The Market manager asked background question, but again, no structure. About a week later, I received an email stating that they decided to go with another candidate and would keep my application on file for six months. I believe that had already decided on the new hire prior to my appointment. Most of the staff looked like kids fresh out of college.

Interview Questions
    • What have you heard about working at DriveTime? Would you have problems with working a 50-60 hour workweek?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in June 2014.

initially you speak with one of DriveTime's National Recruiter to complete a phone interview. From there they will set you up to meet with the hiring managers at the dealership locally. Should that interview go well, they will set you up to complete a interview with the Regional or Market manager. They are not always available to meet face to face so the final interview may be conducted via phone or Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about your drive or career aspirations. DriveTime is big about growth from within and are looking for individuals that have the drive to start a career.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the base salary, it is set across the nation for all Sales Advisors.

Sales Advisor Interview

interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2014.

Drivetime had me talk to a general manager and a sales manager first then later on that same day I met with the marketing manager who told me that I would find out about the decision by the next day. Next day the HR person called and asked me to go to third face to face interview about an hour from my house. The whole time everyone acted like I was going to be hired. After the third face to face interview I was told I would be given a call either way. Next day no call but an email telling me that I didn't get hired. I called the HR person and was told that they choose someone that had more experience. I was told in the first interview that they were looking to hire more than one person. I guess this was not the case.

Sales Advisor Interview

The same as everywhere else: Phone interview by a recruiter then a in person interview with Store manger and market manager. Then they call you that day and let you know.

Interview Questions
    • Same as every other interview questions straight out of the interview handbook. Situational questions and how did you nresolve a problem   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I got a job interview through a job fair and the general manager gave me a call to set up an interview the next day. I was interviewed by a marketing manager, the general manager, and a senior sales advisor. They asked standard interview questions. They are wanting motivated sales advisors and the questions are focued on how you would do in a sales enviroment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2013.

I was contacted within two days of submitting my application online. There was a phone interview with someone from HR, and she scheduled the interview in the store around my schedule. I had a great interview experience. The GM and SM had to keep taking turns because they were working with customers at the time of my interview. The GM was very knowledgeable about the company and the benefits. He was able to accurately set the expectation for the job description, and offered me the position on the spot. Within 30 minutes after leaving the interview, the Market manager for the district called to congratulate me, ask a few more questions, and offer me the position as well. The HR department called me back within the hour and set up a time for me to take my drug test. I started a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The GM asked me questions about my experience, and asked for specific customer experience examples. He asked about my family life and personal life and let me know up front that the work hours are the number one reason people leave. We talked about sports and restaurants and I felt like he really tried to get to know me as a person.   Answer Question