DriveTime Automotive Group

Updated Oct 15, 2014

1.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in September 2014.

Applied to posting online. Received a call about 1 week later from a recruiter. I was asked behavioral questions and the process took about 30 minutes. At the end of the phone interview, the recruiter scheduled me with the Manager of the store a few days later. The manager sat and asked general question, mainly about why Drivetime? There was no structure to the Manager's questions, it was as if he was unprepared for the interview. I had a second interview with a Market Manager. The Market manager asked background question, but again, no structure. About a week later, I received an email stating that they decided to go with another candidate and would keep my application on file for six months. I believe that had already decided on the new hire prior to my appointment. Most of the staff looked like kids fresh out of college.

Interview Questions
  • What have you heard about working at DriveTime? Would you have problems with working a 50-60 hour workweek?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DriveTime Automotive Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in June 2014.

initially you speak with one of DriveTime's National Recruiter to complete a phone interview. From there they will set you up to meet with the hiring managers at the dealership locally. Should that interview go well, they will set you up to complete a interview with the Regional or Market manager. They are not always available to meet face to face so the final interview may be conducted via phone or Skype.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about your drive or career aspirations. DriveTime is big about growth from within and are looking for individuals that have the drive to start a career.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation on the base salary, it is set across the nation for all Sales Advisors.

Sales Advisor Interview

interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2014.

Drivetime had me talk to a general manager and a sales manager first then later on that same day I met with the marketing manager who told me that I would find out about the decision by the next day. Next day the HR person called and asked me to go to third face to face interview about an hour from my house. The whole time everyone acted like I was going to be hired. After the third face to face interview I was told I would be given a call either way. Next day no call but an email telling me that I didn't get hired. I called the HR person and was told that they choose someone that had more experience. I was told in the first interview that they were looking to hire more than one person. I guess this was not the case.

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

The same as everywhere else: Phone interview by a recruiter then a in person interview with Store manger and market manager. Then they call you that day and let you know.

Interview Questions
    • Same as every other interview questions straight out of the interview handbook. Situational questions and how did you nresolve a problem   View Answer

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I got a job interview through a job fair and the general manager gave me a call to set up an interview the next day. I was interviewed by a marketing manager, the general manager, and a senior sales advisor. They asked standard interview questions. They are wanting motivated sales advisors and the questions are focued on how you would do in a sales enviroment.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2013.

I was contacted within two days of submitting my application online. There was a phone interview with someone from HR, and she scheduled the interview in the store around my schedule. I had a great interview experience. The GM and SM had to keep taking turns because they were working with customers at the time of my interview. The GM was very knowledgeable about the company and the benefits. He was able to accurately set the expectation for the job description, and offered me the position on the spot. Within 30 minutes after leaving the interview, the Market manager for the district called to congratulate me, ask a few more questions, and offer me the position as well. The HR department called me back within the hour and set up a time for me to take my drug test. I started a week later.

Interview Questions
    • The GM asked me questions about my experience, and asked for specific customer experience examples. He asked about my family life and personal life and let me know up front that the work hours are the number one reason people leave. We talked about sports and restaurants and I felt like he really tried to get to know me as a person.   Answer Question

Sales Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in May 2012.

After applying online, I received a phone call about a week later that my application was received and that I would be getting a phone call from a hiring manager. I had a phone screen, and invited for a 1-on-1 interview at a nearby location shortly thereafter. I was invited back for a 2nd interview with 2-on-1. A day or 2 later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Very general interview process. Little or no surprise questions. They will ask how you handle a certain type of clientele.   Answer Question
    No negotiation -- Take it or leave it.

Sale Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in April 2011.

This Company does not know how to hire qualified personnel. I supposed to have a interview with some guy, but they never showed up, instead I had one with the GM. He was his hispanic and I didn't understand much of his accent. He was not even prepared just a few pieces of paper from my online application. He told me about drive time how they work and operate. I ask me a few interview questions and about my last job. He told me the kind of candidate he is looking for, not the old type of salesmen, but a new way of selling. The job requires you to gets sales leads from the internet. 8am to 8pm the store hours are. I was told I have to work the store hours 6 days a week only sunday off if was offered the job. The GM told me he been with drive time 2 years. After the interview I was told that somone from HR will have a interview with me in the soon. I waited 10 min. Then the GM came by and told me HR will call me sometime soon for another interview. No one called that day or the next 2 days. I called back to the GM and he said they are just busy with interviews. I guess I am getting the run around. So don't bother to guess if you get the job or not. If they are interested in you they would give 2 interviews and drug test then wait to to see.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2011.

I was contacted by email and was asked to call to schedule for an interview. At that time, I was able to speak with the location GM who scheduled a time for the interview. The 1:1 interview consisted of talking about my past experiences in management and just small talk about various other things. The GM explained that everyone generally starts at this level even if they are experienced and will have the opportunity to move on to other positions later on. I was also shown what the commission structure would be like and then told that the position is paid hourly. I was then told the position is filled however other locations are in need that I would be contacted to schedule a second interview. When I contacted them later on , I was told there was no word on it yet and a few days later I received the Dear John email. Basically, the GM did not have the balls to tell me directly that I was not the right fit for the job. I was clearly overqualified for this position and I would not have accepted an offer anyway because the base salary is way too low and so are the starting commissions. In all fairness, the job maybe OK for someone who is just out of high school and OK earning a minimum wage salary. If you are expecting to support a family with this salary, you will be disappointed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MS

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2011.

The initial hiring process was at a hotel. Everyone was very nice and professional. They asked several questions about experience and what they thought I could offer. They also informed me that they take a lot of pride in academic experience coming from many different types of backgrounds.