DriveTime Automotive Group

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group

Interview Details – basic 3 person panel interview with pretty standard questions to answer. ie. tell us about why you would be most qualified for this position what is the hardest thing for you to do in a work setting, how do you handle stress, are you an out of box thinker, explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement

Interview Question – explain the hardest employee and solutions for their improvement   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Richmond, VA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with District first showed me the Operations Manager job. Then went to the Regional Keith (not very impressed, poorly dressed, slumped in chair, acted like he had small man syndrom. He wanted to understand the culture I was coming from? Stated all customers are low lifes, sub sub prime.
After interview District offered me a lower position even though I was the insurance manager for a Major bank and have a B.S. degree. BAit and switch. I guess I am not part of the good old boy network and culture.
This place is not very classy and was previously ugly duckling. All funds come from overseas. Once they dry up Drivetime will also just like ugly duckling. I declined the offer after seaching rip off on google for drivetime.

Interview Question – What is your current culture   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Searched ripoff on google for drivetime. Regional manager Keith is not very impressive and seems weak since he didn't know much about the area/auto industry etc. Sales trainees or sales personnel are not very educated, of course they work 50 hrs a week for little money.

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group in December 2007.

Interview Details – I interviewed with a General Manager initally. The interview was 20 minutes long and consisted of simple questions regarding my employment history. I had a 2nd interview with the hr manager and it was similar to the 1st. Currently the company is putting candidates through 3-4 tough interviews with more situational questions.

Interview Question – The interviewer will have you attempt to sell them a product such as a highlighter or pen.   View Answer

Worked for DriveTime Automotive Group? Contribute to the Community!