DriveTime Automotive Group

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DriveTime Automotive Group.

I received a phone call 2-3 days after initially applying from a recruiter. Went in same day for an in person interview with the recruiter than was able to schedule an in person with DriveTime hiring managers a couple hours later. Went in and initially had an oral board interview followed by a one-on-one with two hiring managers. Standard personality, work history, strength/weakness questions.

I had been called in for the Underwriter position but the position they kept describing was collections. I brought this point up saying that I had applied to the underwriter position and I was told that collections was underwriting. I decided to keep going on with the interview to see where it went and they ended up making me an offer.

After declining the offer due to low pay, mediocre benefits that wouldn't kick in for 90 days and most importantly false advertising in regards to the job itself, I received a follow up email from the original recruiter. She asked if I would be interested in future openings in underwriting at DriveTime. I asked if they would be actual underwriting positions or how they would be different from the "underwriting" position that I had applied to and I never heard back from her.

Interview Questions

I declined because the actual job did not match the job description in the original job posting. Underwriting is not collections. Also the pay was lower than current job and benefits would not kick in for 90 days.