Driveline Retail Merchandising

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Master Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising in July 2014.

Interview Details – I completed an online application from a link on a job board. I received an email the next day with files attached requesting I complete w-2, new hire paperwork, etc. I thought this was odd and was hesitant to respond, since I was NEVER interviewed. After researching and determining the company was legit, and this was not spam, I returned the paperwork. I received a work schedule the same day. So, they NEVER interviewed me. I have not spoken on the phone with anybody from this company. In essence, they want a warm body to fill the position. There was also no drug test and nobody checked references. They also never disclosed what my salary would be? I asked a few day after receiving the schedule (LIke, I want to know what you're paying me before I show up right?), and I was told it was $9.50 per hour. This is much lower than I earn at my current merchandising position, so I declined the offer.

Interview Question – Nobody ever called to interview me. Sent in a resume and I was hired without speaking to anybody.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Company does not seem very professionally run. Pay too low.

Vedor Interview

Vedor
Garland, TX

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising.

Interview Details – hired over the phone... first call. i never saw the DM or the hiring manager... everything is done by computer. easy stuff. hours were pretty good but its like a contract job.. you can get lots of hours 1 week and a few the next. get to pick you own hours too

Interview Question – do you have your own transportation...   Answer Question

Master Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising.

Interview Details – very quick phone interview, hired on the spot, never talked about my experience, never met in person for 2 weeks after I was hired,it was so pathetic, what a joke! I took the job because I needed supplemental income, this job cost me to work there!

Interview Question – never asked any questions about my experience or what I was looking for   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations

PT Merchandiser Interview

PT Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising.

Interview Details – They interview over the phone. They will ask what experience you have. They will ask about your schedule. They explain the position to you and ask if it is acceptable. It is a basic get to know you interview. Then they will send you all the new hire paperwork via email. Fill it out and return it. They do a background check.

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You take it or leave it.

Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising in February 2011.

Interview Details – There isn't any they call you ask a few questions and then voila you have the job.

Interview Question – Do you have any experience.   View Answer

PT Merchandiser Interview

PT Merchandiser

Interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Interview Details – Never face to face. Got to do conference call. Quick self learner and learn as you go.

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising in June 2012.

Interview Details – I was called and interviewed on the same day. I was then offered a position, if I was able to get all of my paper work in within 5 business days. Within a week, I was online and working in the field.

Negotiation Details – Was offered and I accepted

Surge Associate Interview

Surge Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising.

Interview Details – Had submitted resume to Snagajob; received call, asked when I could start. Told to get info in, as I had first assignment in 3 days.

Interview Question – Actually, most disconcerting was the lack of questions. At the time, assumed all covered by resume. Now realize they were just desperate for people to fill these positions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask a lot of questions re: pay, drive time, area you will be required to service, contact for everyday questions ( as you will work alone 99% of the time) training; clarify whether you are signing up for pt or ft ( I signed up for 20-25 hrs a week- I routinely am assigned over 40 w/o OT.

Elkhart, IN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising in September 2010.

Interview Details – Fill out app. Online you're hired!

Interview Question – No questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You have work to do so go do it

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Duncan, OK

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Driveline Retail Merchandising in January 2013.

Interview Details – If you get called to go to the interview you will be told to bring 2 id's because they will hire anyone that walks in

Interview Question – This is for the company.....Pay, no one can tell you how much they are going to pay you, they want you to take the job and not tell you how much they will pay you!   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Pay, no one can tell you how much they are going to pay you, they want you to take the job and not tell you how much they will pay you!

They don't communicate with people they hire and no one can answer questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Driveline Retail Merchandising

Worked for Driveline Retail Merchandising? Contribute to the Community!