Dropbox Human Resources Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dropbox in March 2012.

My interview began at 10:30am and did not end until roughly 4:00pm. I met with 7 or 8 people over the course of 5 and a half hours. With the exception of 1, I felt the interviews went extremely well. That being said, I was given 1 small water bottle to last the entire 5+. I was never offered any lunch or food or even additional water to refuel. As a recruiter myself, this was a terrible candidate experience. It is common courtesy to have the interviewee attend lunch if your interviews go over the lunch hour. In my case 10:30-4 would absolutely qualify as "going over the lunch hour". Towards the end of my interviews, I was completely drained and my final interviewer was somewhat arrogant (or perhaps I was just irritated due to starvation!). He asked me to solve some math related problems - basic ratios (if you need to hire 10 people and your candidate go through xyz status with x% making it through to the next round, how many resume do you need to present?). As a recruiter, I do not feel this is a relevant question. However, it would have been fine in the early stages of my interview - not after 5+ hours without food or water. I was not provided with a single email address to send follow-up thank yous nor do I have my coordinator's contact info to check the status. All-in-all, I took an entire day off of work to interview here and still have not heard from them regarding my candidacy. Obviously, they did not want to move forward with my but I would have at least liked a "thanks for your time but....." email/phone call. I enjoyed meeting everyone and I do like the company. As a recruiter, I take great pride in providing candidates the best possible experience regardless of whether or not we go to offer stage. Dropbox definitely needs to do something to enhance the candidate experience. This was possibly one of the worst.

Interview Questions
  • Assume the following:
    20% of the resumes you present are approved for phone screen