Dropbox

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Administrator Interview

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dropbox in March 2012.

Interview Details – I got an email from the recruiter asking when I'd be available to schedule a phone interview. I gave her my availability and we scheduled it for the week after, she told me who would be calling and the date and time. Beforehand I read reviews about other Dropbox interviews and I got an overall negative impression of their interview process but mine was pretty bad compared to others. I have to say that this was hands down the worst interview I've had. The interviewer called me 30 minutes late - although, he did apologize - didn't introduce himself or anything, just went straight into it. He asked me if I had any questions about the position and I asked him to give me more background on it, like what kind of environment they have, if there's more than one IT staff member. His answer was short he just said that they have 2 people doing IT support and they needed another person and he proceeded to ask me questions. He asked strictly technical questions and one situational, no personality questions whatsoever. It's understandable that they want someone who knows what they're doing, but I felt like I knew the interview was over before it even started. I didn't know the answers to most of the questions but it was the best that I could do. After he asked me a handful of technical questions, he said "okay, that's it, thanks." and that was it! The whole interview couldn't have been more than 10 minutes, like I said I knew it was over before it started and I felt like I wasted a whole hour making time for it. Got the rejection a few days later, although I'm kind of surprised they didn't send it earlier.

Interview Questions

• If you had to install something on several computers, how would you do it so that you wouldn't have to install it on every computer individually?   Answer Question
  • What port is used for HTTP?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dropbox

Worked for Dropbox? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dropbox IT Administrator interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dropbox employees and interview candidates.