Dropbox

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dropbox in September 2011.

Applied online and got an email shortly after to schedule a phone interview. Phone interviewer was very friendly and responsive. Asked generic questions about my background and personal interests. I was invited to come to the office for an in-person interview the week after. The interview took place in one of their conference rooms and I was interviewed by two people on the admin team. They were not prepared and the conference room was not booked so they took me to another unoccupied one. One of them ran late and didn't come in until halfway through. Their demeanor was a bit condescending and one had a smirk on their face the whole time and kept looking elsewhere. It was pretty uncomfortable, to say the least. After the interview was over, they never contacted me back despite my attempts to contact them.

A few weeks later, I was contacted by a recruiter regarding another position. She said I looked like a good fit for the role and I told her I was interested. A day later, she emails and states that she didn't realize I had come in before to interview and that she would consult with my interviewers. Two days after that, she emailed again saying they would move forward with other candidates. Three months after that, the second role was still listed on their website.

Other friends have interviewed there and we all came to the consensus that they base their decisions on personality and culture fit, rather than qualifications. So basically, if they like you then you're in. And if they find some superficial reason to not like you after only one hour of meeting you, then too bad; you're blacklisted forever.

Interview Questions
  • How did you improve upon or change a process in a previous position?   Answer Question