Dropbox Sales Interview Questions

Updated Jul 1, 2014

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dropbox.

The interview process was very straight forward. First there was an online questionnaire to fill out , and then your standard phone interview. Once you pass the phone interview, you will be asked to interview at the office. The office interview was *extremely* informal and very relaxed. It felt more like a "get to know you" session, more than your typical interview. The conversations I had were very productive, but I left feeling confused. The informality of it all was unlike any other interview I have been too. My gut feeling was correct, a few days later I got an e-mail saying thanks for coming, but we were not a "fit".

Interview Questions
  • Questions were not difficult, just informal & slightly odd. One that stands out was "Imagine a world where your car was equipped with dropbox. Please describe that world".   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dropbox

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dropbox.

Good communication from recruiting team - first screen is with recruiter, second phone screen with person on team (mock call), and third is an in-person visit where you meet people from various departments.

Interview Questions
    • Session with BD person was a case question. Wasn't expecting that at all.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dropbox in December 2012.

They use Jobvite and the email communication was was very slow and not consistent. My main point of contact for setting up two calls changed 4 times. It made for a lot of confusion on their end and wasted time.

Interview Questions
    • If you were the CEO of Dropbox what are 3 metrics you would look at each morning?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dropbox.

Most communication through process was by email, responses often very slow to come. At first I had a phone interview with recruiting followed by onsite with the hiring manager and then 3 hours of different people popping in for 20-30 minutes each. The time I came in to have multiple people interview me was quite frustrating as they all asked similar questions (felt like a grilling) and many were in different departments and/or much more junior than the role I was applying for. It seemed like it was this series of interviews to check whether I would match the culture that determined whether I would or would not get in to Dropbox. Given that were was no job spec on the website or linkedin for the role that I was speaking to them about the whole process felt incredibly unstructured.

It took 2 weeks to get any update from them (similar as I went from first to second interview) and I only got this as I had sent them emails to ask for an update after the first week had passed (they said 2-3 days for feedback). Overall a very poor process in a company that I now actively recommend people to avoid if they are looking for work.

Interview Questions
    • All job related questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dropbox.

The first individual I spoke with was very helpful and interested. He expressed in the call that he would like to setup another interview. The second interview was with someone that just fired off questions and did not really have a grip on interviewing.

Sales Interview

Interviewed by 4 different people across departments, 3 of whom I would be interacting with, and a senior person who was one of the early employees. The questions focused on strategy "what do you think dropbox's most difficult challenge in ___ ? What would you do about it?" and some fit type questions. Be very familiar with their products and ready to point out what is working, and what could be improved (and how).

If you are interviewing for a non-engineering role, keep in mind the culture is very engineering heavy, and can feel exclusionary.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your were in one of the twin towers and you knew that a plane was going to crash into the building...and you only had a minute.

I was quite uncomfortable with this question, and don't believe that any response to this is a clear indicator of one's qualifications for the position.
        View Answer

Worked for Dropbox? Contribute to the Community!