Drury Hotels Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in July 2014.

Interview

Called the hotel one day to see if they were hiring (I have a lot of experience working for hotels and I'd heard good things about them, so I called to check about once a month). They were needed someone full-time at the front desk. I was told to apply online. I did the online application which includes all of the basic information along with an assessment that anyone should be able to pass (common sense questions like "If you discovered a coworker of yours was stealing, what would you do?"). Received a phone call from the assistant manager within two days of completing the online assessment. Set up an interview with her. That interview was very basic; a lot of the standard questions you should expect if you have been on interviews before. She then shook my hand and said they would let me know. I received another phone call about a week later asking me to come in an interview with the general manager. If you was a little more in depth with questions that focused more on my experience in the hospitality industry. Once that interview was finished, the assistant manager (who interviewed me the first time) came in and administered a drug test (mouth swab) and had me fill out paperwork consenting to a background check. I took this to mean I was likely going to be hired, as background checks and drug tests costs money, and typically companies don't want to spend that money unless they're at the very least considering you for the position. That was done, the assistant manager told me "we are still interviewing a few people so we will let you know", which is usually a bad sign, but since I got the drug test and background check I remained positive. About another week went by and I was contacted again by the assistant manager. When I saw there number pop up on my phone, I got excited. Turns out they wanted to interview me yet again, this time with the district/regional manager (I'm not sure which one he was). That interview was scheduled for a few days later. The interview with him was by far the most comfortable, laid-back interview of the three. I got the impression that I was essentially hired and they just wanted his stamp of approval for. The interview itself went very well. He told me "you should hear from us next week". Four days later I was becoming anxious because I hadn't heard from them. Then they called me. I was offered the job and asked to start in a few days. Since I have several years of experience, particularly in hotel management, I was offered a much more competitive salary than I expected for a simple front desk position.

Interview Questions

• Again, the questions were fairly easy. The most difficult one was probably when I was asked to name what my faults are.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was initially told the starting salary was about $9.25 before my first interview. I was ultimately offered $11.50, due to my experience, with the possibility of a raise after 60 days and after a year.

Guest Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

I interviewed with one manager. It lasted a little over a hour. He liked me so set up a second interview with a different manager. It didn't last long asked some of the same questions.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard. If you have previous job experience the answers are simple.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels.

Interview

Simple interview, no tough questions asked. They look for personality.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Franklin, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

Scheduled an interview with the Assistant General Manager. Spoke with three different managers who all gave me a personality quiz and asked about my work experience before meeting the general manager. Great experience!

Interview Questions

• Asked why do you wish to work for Drury? Asked what makes you want to work in the hospitality industry? Asked the amount of year I had in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Terre Haute, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Terre Haute, IN) in June 2012.

Interview

3 interviews! Very nice and straight questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

TAKE IT!!!

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Franklin, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Easy open ended questions based on customer service and previous experiences. Manager wanted to know about me and not just cookie cutter answers. They really showed they cared about the person not just the job. I had a phone interview that was just a few minutes, a face ti face with an AGM, and a second face to face with GM where I took a drug test on site (mouth swab test) and submitted a background check. Was offered position contingent on background which took a week to come back. All in all a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond to male someone's experience better.   Answer Question

GSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Birmingham, AL) in March 2012.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a very nice woman. Went in a week later for a second interview. Waited for the manager to call. He did all the talking. They forgot to have me sign the criminal background check before the got it do I had to sign after I had gotten the job. Did a 3 hour job option. Then did a drug test. After about 3-4 weeks I was able to work

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations with this company!!

Server Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Charlotte, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Arrived to the hotel for the interview. Laid back and relaxed, a suit and tie isn't necessary. Started off with background questions and what your future will look like. Interview questions followed next and closed out with questions on your behalf. Interview lasted about 15 mins STARS TYPE INTERVIEW

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Drury Hotels (Dayton, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

Two interviews. The first with the assistant manager and the second is with the general manager. Then you come in to fill out your W2 and do a mouth swap drug test.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are basic interview questions. There really are no surprises here.   1 Answer

Housekeeper Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Drury Hotels in April 2010.

Interview

Hiring process can take awhile, you have 2-3 interviews. Then if they decide to hire you you have to wait for a drug test to come back negative. After that you will have orientation, which includes watching corny videos. Interview questions are basic like why do you want to work here.