DuCharme, McMillen & Associates

Interviews for Top Jobs at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates

Associate Tax Consultant-Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates.

Was contacted by HR for a interview a week from initial interview. Went in to the interview not knowing what to expect. Learned a lot about the company during the interview and the interviewer seemed to know a lot about the job and seemed to care. Basic situational/behavioral questions were asked. Lasted about an hour. Nothing too difficult as long as you prepare. Make sure to ask a lot of questions as well, they encourage it. Was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you over other applicants?
      Tell me about a time effective communication was important?
      Tell me about a leadership role you've had?
      What do you know about the company?

Answer Question
    Quick,easy, painless.

Associate Tax Consultant - Sales & Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuCharme, McMillen & Associates in January 2014.

They called me in for an in-person interview. When I arrived, I was greeted by two managers wearing jeans, casual shirts, and tennis shoes. I was dressed in a formal business suit. I thought that was interesting that they didn't mention attire. Normally I would expect a company with such casual dress to let me know not to overdress.

The first question was, "Tell me about yourself." I answered that with no problem, describing my background very briefly. I waited for the next question, but they started looking back and forth at each other. It was clear that these men were not prepared with any interview questions. They stumbled through some basic questions, such as "what did you do at your previous job." It was like they had never seen my resume before that moment. They asked me what questions I had for them (as though they wanted me to conduct the interview!?!). After I spoke for a few minutes, they once again asked what I did at my last job. They were not listening to anything I said.

The interview ended after less than 10 minutes because they couldn't think of any more questions or anything else to say. The whole experience was very strange, to say the least. At first I thought they already had an internal candidate in mind and were just wasting my time so they could go through the process of interviewing people. After thinking about it, I don't think that was the case. Each of them told me they had been with the company ten years. It's a small office and very informally run. I really think they were looking for a guy who could be their "buddy" to hang out with during work hours. Very unprofessional and not a good experience.

Interview Questions
    • They didn't ask questions! That was a first for me...   View Answer