DuPont Associate Investigator Interview Questions

Updated Jan 8, 2015
Updated Jan 8, 2015

2.8

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont.

Phone interview about slide I sent to them via email explaining in more detail a relevant research experience. They then asked for my transcripts and scheduled an in-person interview at their site.

Other Interview Reviews for DuPont

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont in November 2013.

Applied on-line, about a month later I was contacted to set up a phone interview and then a on-site interview. The phone interview was about 30-60 minutes. The on-site interview consisted of several panels including behavioral and technical focused panels.

Interview Questions
    • Technical panel interview was very heavily focused on research experience. It had been several years since my involvement in that research and I had some difficulty answers the questions to the extent they were looking for.   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont in October 2012.

Had an onsite campus interview with two people. Asked basic behavior questions to see how I'd respond to challenges. Brought to an on-site interview after two-three weeks waiting. On-site interview consisted of 2 group interviews. One group asked technical questions and the other asked behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • If a person wasn't doing their work, how did you address that problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont in November 2011.

The interview was very relax, they ask you to go through your resume at first and they'll stop to ask questions during that part. Then it was the standard behavorial questions on what did you do when you were faced with an obstacle and what is your greatest weakness.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle when your experiment has reached a deadend?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in December 2010.

Initial phone call from a senior member of the dept. expressed interest in my resume and set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was easy going, mostly asking questions on my background and basic conversation on the science being done at the department. Reference checks done the next day with an invitation for on site interview later that day. Interview was a day long consisting of 1:1 and 2 panel interviews. I was surprised how easy going the interview was. Mostly had questions asking about my background and about my presentation. I actually found myself asking more of the questions and engaging in regular conversation with those involved. Also had a tour of the facilities which was nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you made an error and learned from that experience.   View Answer
    Negotiation was pretty easy going. Got an extra week of vacation and was able to round up the salary to a nice 5 figure amount.

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

On-Campus Interview. Interview took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with two people from R&D. Very genial and very polite. One interviewee focused on taking notes while the other asked the questions. Questions were all behavioral related. 5 questions overall.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an obstacle that you had in your career and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Talk about a project or something you did where you lead a group. Please mention results.   Answer Question

Associate Investigator Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in March 2011.

Phone interview at first with behavioral-type questions. This led to an all-day interview on-site, where I met a variety of DuPont employees, ranging from PI's, hiring managers, and technical staff. All interviews were one-on-one with exception of lunch, which involved a group interview (unbeknownst to me) at the time.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where a co-worker negatively affected the performance of your team?   Answer Question