DuPont

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in November 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very relax, they ask you to go through your resume at first and they'll stop to ask questions during that part. Then it was the standard behavorial questions on what did you do when you were faced with an obstacle and what is your greatest weakness.

Interview Question – How would you handle when your experiment has reached a deadend?   View Answer

Wilmington, DE

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in December 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone call from a senior member of the dept. expressed interest in my resume and set up a phone interview the next day. Phone interview was easy going, mostly asking questions on my background and basic conversation on the science being done at the department. Reference checks done the next day with an invitation for on site interview later that day. Interview was a day long consisting of 1:1 and 2 panel interviews. I was surprised how easy going the interview was. Mostly had questions asking about my background and about my presentation. I actually found myself asking more of the questions and engaging in regular conversation with those involved. Also had a tour of the facilities which was nice.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you made an error and learned from that experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was pretty easy going. Got an extra week of vacation and was able to round up the salary to a nice 5 figure amount.

Associate Investigator

I applied through college or university and interviewed at DuPont.

Interview Details – On-Campus Interview. Interview took about 30 minutes. Interviewed with two people from R&D. Very genial and very polite. One interviewee focused on taking notes while the other asked the questions. Questions were all behavioral related. 5 questions overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an obstacle that you had in your career and how you overcame it   Answer Question
  • Talk about a project or something you did where you lead a group. Please mention results.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate Investigator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in March 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview at first with behavioral-type questions. This led to an all-day interview on-site, where I met a variety of DuPont employees, ranging from PI's, hiring managers, and technical staff. All interviews were one-on-one with exception of lunch, which involved a group interview (unbeknownst to me) at the time.

Interview Question – How did you handle a situation where a co-worker negatively affected the performance of your team?   Answer Question

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!