DuPont

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at DuPont

Interview Details – The interview was a full day at the DuPont hotel. You start by eating breakfast with a current field engineer. This is an informal interview. Then it was three interviews with three different managers, including eating lunch with one of them. They ask you themed behavioral questions directly off a sheet.

Interview Question – Discuss a time you did not accomplish something because of a diversity issue.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in August 2013.

Interview Details – I interned with them. They like to hire from their pool of interns. I was contacted in August for a 30 min phone interview then invited onsite. The onsite interview consisted of 3 30min-60min interviews (Can't recall how long exactly). All questions were behavioral. I heard back in three weeks. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encountered conflict with a team and how did you smooth the situation. (Wording is not exact)   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The industry was not where my interest lied.

Wilmington, DE

I interviewed at DuPont in December 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online for the Field Engineering position.

A couple of weeks passed by but then I got a call one afternoon explaining that this was someone at DuPont and they wanted to know if I was ready to have a phone interview. I politely rescheduled due to the fact that I was walking to class when I got the call.

The phone interview was pretty standard: walk me through your resume and why DuPont.

I received an email letting me know that I was invited for an on-site interview.

The morning of the on-site interview, I had a scheduled non-interview breakfast with a current Field Engineer. It was informative and nice to have a relaxing breakfast. The rest of the day consisted of 3 one on one interviews, an information session, and a lunch with one of the interviewers.

The interviews are all standard SAR questions, Situation Action Response, but be warned there are a lot of questions from each interviewer.

Important note: make sure to not take the lunch lightly. You will be having lunch with one of your interviewers, make sure that you are sociable and keep conversation flowing without being nervous. On a side note, this will make the final interview much more comfortable.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked with a diverse group and how you were able to overcome your groups differences.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at DuPont in November 2012.

Interview Details – First I had a 45 minute phone interview, then that same evening I found out I had gotten an on-site interview in Wilmington. In Wilmington I had 45 minute interviews with three different people. They were all very friendly, but there were some tough questions.

Interview Question – Give an example of a time at work when you had to step up and take leadership unexpectedly.   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at DuPont in November 2009.

Interview Details – First there is a phone screen interview just checking the facts on your resume and some very brief questions. Then when you're brought in for the interview it is composed of three individual one on one interviews with behavioral questions. One targets teamwork, another problem solving, and the third I believe was difficult situations? You go to lunch with your third interviewer. Very streamlined and relaxed interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked in a group?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont.

Interview Details – Very straight forward process, as an intern I applied early and my resume was chosen so I skipped the phone interview process and directly went to the one on one interviews. There were three one on one interviews with friendly people, breakfast and lunch provided at the hotel, standard behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you made a split second decision?   Answer Question

Field Engineer

The process took 2 days - interviewed at DuPont in August 2008.

Interview Details – the interview process was straight forward, it consisted of a pre-interview phone conversation and a 1:1 interview at HQ with 3 diffrent people. The questions were STAR based. Overall the process was simple and amicable.

Interview Question – describe a time when you had to deal with difficult people.   Answer Question

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!