DuPont

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wilmington, DE

I applied online - interviewed at DuPont in October 2013.

Interview Details – You apply online. They only interview candidates that have had technical internships. If you pass the prescreening they call you for a 45 min phone interview where they ask about your work experience and then a couple behavioral questions. If you get invited for a site interview they send you to headquarters where you do 3 interviews with supervisors. All interviews are behavioral based but they discuss your work and technical experience a lot

Interview Question – Name a time when you worked with different personalities in a group and how did you handle that   Answer Question

Wilmington, DE

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in October 2010.

Interview Details – Submitted my application online. Received a phone call about 2 weeks later and had a 45 minute phone interview. Received an e-mail a week later inviting me to Wilmington, DE for an interview day. Stayed at the Hotel DuPont (very nice hotel) and the day consisted of 3 interviews, an employee benefits overview, and lunch. Very straight forward interviews. Typical behavioral questions. Great experience.

Interview Question – Tell me a time you had to bend your moral values.   Answer Question

Field Engineering Program

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in September 2011.

Interview Details – Everyone I worked with during the interview process were friendly and very helpful. 30 minute phone interview followed by an offer to come to wilmington for 3 1 hour interviews. Interviewers were friendly and easy to talk to. I received my offer via phone a week later with the formal offer a week after that

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you had to make a split second decision and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Field Engineering Program

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at DuPont in September 2010.

Interview Details – The first interview was a 2:1 interview on campus at our career center. The interview consisted of five behavioral questions. I was their first interview of the day, so it was fairly laid back and relaxed. All questions were answered using the S.T.A.R. format - Situation, Task, Action and Result. That was their preference.

A week later, I had a phone call and a 20 minute phone interview. She asked additional behavioral/situational interview questions. I was told that I would be having an on-site interview at their headquarters in Wilmington, DE.

The company paid for a one night stay at the Hotel DuPont, and all interviews were done there at the hotel in their office area. The day consisted of three 1:1 interviews, a breakfast and lunch interview and a company benefits overview. The day ended at 1:45 PM. I expect to hear back in three weeks.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you volunteered for a project or job, going beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Program Interview

Field Engineer Program

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at DuPont in August 2010.

Interview Details – basic questions, and star question.

Interview Question – A time when you have dealt with a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Worked for DuPont? Contribute to the Community!