DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.9

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

First is phone call interview. I talk to about 3 people. The questions are almost behaviour questions. It last about half hours. Wasn't difficult. After that was on site interview. This last all day, first they show me the factory then lanch than interview. Not much tech questions, asked about the chi-squared and something about data set.

Associate Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2015.

Interview

It was not bad if you prepare. Know details about your research experience. Also look up behavioral questions. First I had a phone interview with 2 people. 2 weeks later an on site interview where I had lunch with employees, a tour of where I could work, and 2 panel interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I applied through the DuPont website and received a call about a month later asking me if I would like to do an onsite interview. I accepted and went to the on-site interview. The interview consisted of meeting with the HR manager in the morning and taking a tour of the facility. After that, I met with an engineer and spoke about what was to be expected. I was told that I would receive a call with in a week letting me know if I was going to receive an offer or not.

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I applied through university career services. I was selected a week later for an interview on campus. Two engineers were conducting the interview. They had allocated 30 minutes for each person. The interview wasn't difficult. They alternated questions; one guy asked a question then the other and so on. Mainly behavioral questions.

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

A former coworker from another job called me because he was being promoted to another department and wanted a good person to fill his position. So I applied on line and interviewed (twice) in the same month. First interview was with some of the team members with whom I would be working. Second one was one on one with department director. At both interviews, they made sure I was comfortable and in a relaxed atmosphere (offered water, coffee, tea)

Interview Questions

• Typical what would you do if, and tell me about a time when... I knew half the interview panel because I had dealt with them professionally (safety can be a small community!)   1 Answer

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

I sent the application letter to the job host, and first had a phone chat with one of the research investigators in DuPont CR&D. After introducing myself and my research, she was rushing to ask me and send her some research slides for next step phone interview. They kept asking me many detail technical questions during my phone interview, and I was invited for an on-site interview three weeks later. The on-site interview included a dinner with the manager before the visit day and the next full day including the research presentation and several one-on-one meetings. Many detail technical and behavior questions were asked, and some of them were really challenging, but should be normally prepared. I felt not too bad for the entire interview process, but I was told to not be considered any more two weeks later without any reason noticed.

Interview Questions

• Don't remember all of them, but some examples: why do you choose the industrial job? what is your research purpose? what can you contribute in the company? if you can choose anything, what's do you want to do?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Applied online and received phone screening in October. Scheduled for on site interview in January. Flew me into Delaware and interviewed me at the Wilmington location. Interview was three one on one interviews with an information session and a lunch. Interview was behavior based questions answers in STAR format. Very relaxed interviews, very polished process. Six other candidates were interviewing that day.

Interview Questions

• Questions are all typical behavior based questions testing your teamwork, leadership and communication abilities.   Answer Question

Lab Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont in February 2015.

Interview

5 panel interview with each person asking 2 questions that must be answered in the STAR format. Tough questions so be prepared. Highly competitive so do your research. HIRERIGHT does their background check And drug screen then you must pass 2 different physicals.have to also score well on Workkeys through the local work force.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you hit a road block, then solved the problem while doing research.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Had a brief behavioral interview resulting from campus recruitment (e.g., give an example of your leadership, if you're willing to relocate, etc.). Received notice three months later that the position had been filled.

Interview Questions

• Give an example where you had a disagreement with someone you worked with and how your resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DuPont (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Manager was late to the meeting. The fellow RA was interviewing me -everything was good. Manager walks in and had me solve a calculation, which I later learned is all automated.