DuPont

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.9

Infrastrucucture Consultant Interview

This is a thorough process with a telephone and potentially multiple face to face interviews. There were a series of technical and non-technical questions. People involved were from the immediate work team, management and Human Resources.

Interview Questions
    • This was based on various scenarios based on technical practical problems.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume online. Heard back a few weeks later from a potential supervisor. After 30-60 minute phone interview, I was offered a position. All interactions were very friendly and professional. I was surprised to be contacted because there was no on-campus screening or anything. I submitted my resume on a whim and it ended up turning out very well.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were standard ones about my resume, etc.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont in September 2014.

It was a campus interview. No feedback heard yet. The interviewer is an alumni and he asked questions to help the interviewee to talk about themselves. It was campus interview and mostly are behavior questions. Pretty easy and pretty standard. Just need to came up with good story

Interview Questions
    • pretty normal behavior questions for example : describe about how to cooperate with colleagues.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont in September 2014.

I applied online. They called me to set up a phone interview by the end of the week. The phone interview was with 3 research associates but only one did most of the talking. The interviewer asked a lot of redundant questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had fix a problem. How did you overcome an issue with teammate?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

This is for the DuPont Commercial Development Program
    1. applied through school career fair
    2. Phone interview with program manager
    Really for PM to get a better feel for you and if they should bring you in for final round. DuPonters are very personable. Have a good conversation.
    3. Final Round is in person with 3 different session/interviewer
    Really depends on who you have as an interviewer. They can range from recent MLDP graduates to sales managers.

Responded about a month later

Interview Questions
    • A lot of behavioral questions. Make sure to answer in STAR format.   Answer Question
    Cannot negotiate and keep in mind that if you go into sales with SIC your salary automatically drops 10% with hopes that you can earn 182938%

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

HR was very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was interviewed by 3 high ranked people, I was definitely intimidated. It was hard because they wanted to know specifics about my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Ask a lot of specific questions about my previous lab experience.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DuPont.

I applied and was contacted for a phone interview. It was your basic standard behavioral questions relating to the type of work. There was only a single interviewer who would be the direct supervisor for that position. It was very friendly and non-intimidating. I was told within 2-3 weeks I would be contacted either way regarding whether I was selected for a personal interview, so I havent heard back yet.

Sourcing and Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont.

Applied online. Selected for phone interview. I got the offer. The salary was good and the company had a good reputation, therefore I accepted the offer. We had a two week long on boarding session.

Chemical Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Centerville, OH

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont.

Was contacted by email and set up a phone interview. Was called and the interviewer just asked about general Human resource questions, nothing technical. Was really a straight forward interview with just Human Resource questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a group member that doesn't pull his/her weight.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Applied online, did a phone interview, was invited for an on-site interview with both Dupont Chemicals & Fluoroproducts and Central R&D. Both had two 30-minute interviews with 3-4 person panels, except CR&D had a more technical interview plus another with human resources. Went to lunch in their cafeteria as well.

Interview Questions
    • If you have all the money in the world, what research would you spend it on?   Answer Question