DuPont

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.9

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont in April 2014.

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont.

There were 2 screening telephone interviews. Both of them asked about background information, technical and behavioral questions. Then they set up an on-site interview which lasted a day. I was asked to give a talk at the on-site interview, and meet with a few interview panels.

Research Scientist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Really nice interviewers including a couple of scientists and a recruiter. Start with my own project and they quickly went over my research. Then introduce their requirement for this particular position and ask me specific questions like how to work with equipments. Then we have some casual talk about life style. In general, it's a comfortable interview but I did not move forward.

Interview Questions
    • Try to explain why you think you are the one for this job.   Answer Question

R&D Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont.

Called in after applying so long ago I had forgotten what I applied for. Face-face interview with 4 different people. Was also called in for second interview for a different position they thought I may be qualified for. No telephone interviews were done. Interviewed with several people from hiring group.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. They met my terms as far as salary. One negative after being hired. Did not know I was hired at entry level until after my first year.

Soy Processing Co-Op Interview

Two on one at university. Typical interview questions.

First Line Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at DuPont.

Star Model - Behavioral based questions that really do not pertain to the actual job duties

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. DuPont sticks to the script   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parlin, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parlin, NJ

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont in March 2014.

Got the interview through a job search agency. Interviewed at DuPont in March 2014. The interview was a round robin style with 6 different interviewers. All the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were geared towards asking how one works in a team setting.   Answer Question

Statistical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont in March 2014.

University has a program with DuPont. Students submit their resumes. Some will be picked to be interviewed.
    Usually they ask some behavior questions and information on your resume. Not much technical questions.

ChemE Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DuPont.

Went to plant for first interview.

Product Stewardship & Regulatory Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

I applied online and a week later, they requested an interview. It was about 30 minutes long with 2 young women. They were very nice and friendly. They asked mostly behavioral questions, why do I want to work for DuPont, example of leadership, then they asked specific questions about the experiences on my resume as well.