DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2015

2.9

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and get invited to an on-site interview. Had dinner with the managers the night before . Gave a 45-minute seminar the next day, followed by one on one meeting with seven people, a round table discussion and a green house tour.

People are very nice there, and seem like love their work and company very much.

PS and R Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (College Park, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Very informal. As a college student it was one of my first interviews making it stress free. There were two employers interviewing at once. I had met one of them at a job info session earlier that semester, making it a much easier introduction. I would definitely recommend attending an info session prior to applying if possible. I think it made a big difference in my chances.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I chose my major. I was able to go on relevant tangents from this question until the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Interview

On Campus Interview

First Interview : Director of Sourcing interviewed.
    Resume based questions
    Behavioral Questions

Team work based questions Situation based
    Previous experience in supply chain and logistics - Situation based
    Location preference.
    Leadership experience - Situation based

Interview Questions

• Team Dynamics resulting accomplishments at work or projects   Answer Question

Infrastrucucture Consultant Interview

Interview

This is a thorough process with a telephone and potentially multiple face to face interviews. There were a series of technical and non-technical questions. People involved were from the immediate work team, management and Human Resources.

Interview Questions

• This was based on various scenarios based on technical practical problems.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Interview

Submitted cover letter and resume online. Heard back a few weeks later from a potential supervisor. After 30-60 minute phone interview, I was offered a position. All interactions were very friendly and professional. I was surprised to be contacted because there was no on-campus screening or anything. I submitted my resume on a whim and it ended up turning out very well.

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard ones about my resume, etc.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont in September 2014.

Interview

It was a campus interview. No feedback heard yet. The interviewer is an alumni and he asked questions to help the interviewee to talk about themselves. It was campus interview and mostly are behavior questions. Pretty easy and pretty standard. Just need to came up with good story

Interview Questions

• pretty normal behavior questions for example : describe about how to cooperate with colleagues.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. They called me to set up a phone interview by the end of the week. The phone interview was with 3 research associates but only one did most of the talking. The interviewer asked a lot of redundant questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had fix a problem. How did you overcome an issue with teammate?   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

This is for the DuPont Commercial Development Program
    1. applied through school career fair
    2. Phone interview with program manager
    Really for PM to get a better feel for you and if they should bring you in for final round. DuPonters are very personable. Have a good conversation.
    3. Final Round is in person with 3 different session/interviewer
    Really depends on who you have as an interviewer. They can range from recent MLDP graduates to sales managers.

Responded about a month later

Interview Questions

• A lot of behavioral questions. Make sure to answer in STAR format.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Cannot negotiate and keep in mind that if you go into sales with SIC your salary automatically drops 10% with hopes that you can earn 182938%

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

HR was very friendly. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I was interviewed by 3 high ranked people, I was definitely intimidated. It was hard because they wanted to know specifics about my past experiences.

Interview Questions

• Ask a lot of specific questions about my previous lab experience.   Answer Question

Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I applied and was contacted for a phone interview. It was your basic standard behavioral questions relating to the type of work. There was only a single interviewer who would be the direct supervisor for that position. It was very friendly and non-intimidating. I was told within 2-3 weeks I would be contacted either way regarding whether I was selected for a personal interview, so I havent heard back yet.