DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.9

Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Submitted my resume at an information session at my university. Received an email notifying me about a phone interview. Scheduled a phone interview. It was with two people. Phone interview went poorly and they asked very specific questions regarding my experience in wet chemistry. Left the interview feeling like I was unfit for the position. Be prepared for technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked very technical questions related to wet chemistry.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Phone interview about slide I sent to them via email explaining in more detail a relevant research experience. They then asked for my transcripts and scheduled an in-person interview at their site.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Submitted CV through campus recruitment and got interviewed after two weeks. The interviewer came to campus and held an info session a day before recruitment. Both research related and behavior questions were included during the interview. The whole process took about half an hour and was quite smooth. No tricky questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you need to persuade other people to change their mind   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in November 2014.

Interview

1.5 day interview process including touring of facilities, meeting with multiple engineers, 2 hour technical presentation and 2 hour technical question session. Technical presentation was in front of about 12 people including engineers and managers. There were also three separate 30 minute interviews that dealt with more general/less technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Technical question session required solid foundation of solid mechanics, experimental analysis and data reduction   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview about One months later. Three people on the phone. They talk about the Company then I said about my job experience. One week later have an onsite interview. Still the same persons on the phone interview. So just go through more details about what I had done before and some behavioral questions. Another week later I was contacted with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions such as How do you handle tough coworker or What is your idea job.   Answer Question

Interview

I applied through on campus recruiting and got an interview a couple days later after turning in resume and cover letter. The interview lasted for half an hour and they were all behavioral questions. It is a fair interview for most of the prepared candidates. The position I applied is in MO and I think the person conducted our interview was also an engineer.

Interview Questions

• No really unexpected question. I will put one here: Describe a situation when you demonstrated you time-management skill.   Answer Question

PS and R Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (College Park, MD) in October 2014.

Interview

Very informal. As a college student it was one of my first interviews making it stress free. There were two employers interviewing at once. I had met one of them at a job info session earlier that semester, making it a much easier introduction. I would definitely recommend attending an info session prior to applying if possible. I think it made a big difference in my chances.

Interview Questions

• They asked why I chose my major. I was able to go on relevant tangents from this question until the end of the interview.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DuPont (Ithaca, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, I was contacted about receiving an on-campus interview. There were two interviewers in the room: a graduate from my school, as well as a manager at DuPont. They were both very friendly, not intimidating. No technical questions were asked, and they told me at the beginning the interview was just to understand my resume and my experiences more, while helping me understand what the internship would be like.

Interview Questions

• You've had many leadership positions. Can you explain to me how your position on your sorority executive board differed from your position on the community service day committee?   1 Answer

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and get invited to an on-site interview. Had dinner with the managers the night before . Gave a 45-minute seminar the next day, followed by one on one meeting with seven people, a round table discussion and a green house tour. People are very nice there, and seem like love their work and company very much.

Interview Questions

Interview

On Campus Interview First Interview : Director of Sourcing interviewed. Resume based questions Behavioral Questions Team work based questions Situation based Previous experience in supply chain and logistics - Situation based Location preference. Leadership experience - Situation based

Interview Questions

• Team Dynamics resulting accomplishments at work or projects   Answer Question