DuPont

2.9

Product Stewardship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Penn, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont.

There is nothing different from normal interviews. Almost no technique questions with couple of behaviour case studies.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think product quality is a crucial part of business element?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Phone interview, in person interview/tour hired

Bioprocess Research Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont in February 2014.

Full day interview running from 9 AM - 3:30 PM. The day started with giving a presentation on my Master's research followed by Q&A (assessing the ability to present technical material). Afterwards, the remainder of the day was spent in 30 minute interviews with 1 or 2 individuals (principle investigators, technology managers, current research associates, human resources, and a director). Overall the interview process was very relaxed and all of the interviewers were friendly. There is a large safety culture in DuPont and it helps to demonstrate past experience regarding safety incidences.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were related to my particular research. Others were more broad (i.e. how do you learn something new?). Nothing too specific, they did not deliberately ask technical questions to assess competency in my particular field (Chemical Engineering).   Answer Question
    DuPont goes on frequent hiring freezes. I got caught in one and am currently working as a contractor. The contractor to regular employee seems to be fairly standard in the R&D side of the company (think of it as a trial phase).

Scientist - Molecular Biologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont.

Phone interview with multiple scientists followed by an onsite visit. Interview questions will consist of standard HR questions as well as scientific ones. The onsite visit will be a very long day. Be prepared for a few hostile interviewers. Central research appears to prefer hiring persons who are well-networked.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Went through a 2 phone interview then a face to face on campus. The first phone was a screener, the second was a behavioral interview and finally the face to face was a behavioral with some case questions.

Finance Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

Applied online through campus website, process took a few weeks, had initial interview with 2 people then 2 follow up phone interviews. First and last interviews were more get to know you, the second one was all behavioral questions

Field Engineer Interview

The interview was a full day at the DuPont hotel. You start by eating breakfast with a current field engineer. This is an informal interview. Then it was three interviews with three different managers, including eating lunch with one of them. They ask you themed behavioral questions directly off a sheet.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss a time you did not accomplish something because of a diversity issue.   Answer Question

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waverly, TN

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at DuPont.

Take some pretty hard test. Logical, math, mechanical, etc. If you do good on test the next step is interview. Background check. Then put on hiring list. Where I remained for 4 years before being hired. But it was worth the wait.

Interview Questions
    No need for negotiating. Pay and benefits are good

Synthetic Polymer Chemist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Applied online. Was called for an phone interview. lasted for 1h. Mostly give research talk to about 5-6 people over the phone. Many questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Is there any conflict between your work and others? How do you solve that.   Answer Question

Commercial Development Program - Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

First I had a 30-45 min. phone interview with the program manager (behavior-based questions) and after a week I received an invitation for an on-site interview. I had two 45min. interviews with 2 engineers on each one. First they talk about them and the position. After that they start asking behavior-based questions.

Interview Questions
    • They asked commercial/business related question and how can you apply your engineer skills to the business unit.   Answer Question