DuPont Interview Questions

2.9

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont.

Following online job application, email to set up phone interview followed up with in person interview and was required to give power point presentation. Long exhausting day, but every one was very friendly.

Interview Questions
    Very fair offer - no negotiation needed

Field Engineering Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont in October 2013.

You apply online. They only interview candidates that have had technical internships. If you pass the prescreening they call you for a 45 min phone interview where they ask about your work experience and then a couple behavioral questions. If you get invited for a site interview they send you to headquarters where you do 3 interviews with supervisors. All interviews are behavioral based but they discuss your work and technical experience a lot

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you worked with different personalities in a group and how did you handle that   Answer Question

Entery Level Chemical Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont.

I applied through my university and the campus interview had all behavioral questions. 45 minutes interview, they asked me to wait for 2 months until they finished their process before the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a time when you inspired someone in a team to do well.   Answer Question

Finance Intern Interview

It took a while to hear back from them after initially applying online, but I ended up having two phone interviews with finance directors in Wilmington and North Carolina. The interviews were not too intensive and pretty laid back in my opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of where you worked well in a team and describe what role you play   Answer Question

DuPont Commercial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont.

Once selected from the initial pool of applicants, you will receive a call to set up a first round phone interview. During the interview they ask standard questions: strengths, weaknesses, why this company, etc. If selected for a second interview, you will be brought to the corporate headquarters in Wilmington, DE. You will have a full day of interviews where you will meet with multiple company employees and corporate managers. Questions are similar to the phone interview.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at DuPont in September 2013.

Give me brief introduction about my work and then asked me few behavior questions, like leadership and teamwork. After that, I asked few questions about Dupont. The interviewer told me he will let me know the decision within 4 to 6 weeks.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at DuPont in September 2013.

I applied through college or university and got an on-campus interview for 45 min. The interviewer asked many behavioral questions and left about 15 min for me to ask questions back. He said the whole hiring process may take about 3 months, including on-campus and on-site interviews. They will make final offers probably in Nov this year.

DuPont Sourcing Co-op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in September 2013.

One first round interview conducted after meeting recruiters at career fair. Interview was behavioral based and nothing beyond the normal. Requested a response 3 weeks before they intended to give offers due to having a deadline for another offer. Was given a response a week after asking to hear back earlier.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont in August 2013.

The first interview was a phone screen interview conducted by a young field engineer currently enrolled in the program. Within the same day of the phone interview, I got a confirmation phone call stating that I qualified for an on site interview in Wilmington Delaware, at the corporate headquarters. The company provided a travel agent to book the plane tickets, and they covered all expenses of the trip through reimbursements. The on site interview itself consisted of three one hour interviews with a lunch scheduled between the second and third (last) interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an instance where a cultural difference between you and someone else created a troublesome work environment, and what did you do to overcome this.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DuPont in August 2013.

I interned with them. They like to hire from their pool of interns. I was contacted in August for a 30 min phone interview then invited onsite. The onsite interview consisted of 3 30min-60min interviews (Can't recall how long exactly). All questions were behavioral. I heard back in three weeks. Everyone was super nice.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you encountered conflict with a team and how did you smooth the situation. (Wording is not exact)   Answer Question

The industry was not where my interest lied.