DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.9

Marketing Specialist - DCDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I was hired through the DuPont Commercial Development Plan that targets early career professionals for entry level sales and marketing positions. There was a phone interview with the director of the program, followed by in person interviews at the Hotel DuPont at their headquarters. There we had lunch and 2 separate interviews. They followed up 2 weeks later, email those rejected and call the ones that were accepted!

Interview Questions

• What are ways you can help the internal and external customers of a business? Give examples of how you were able to this with previous employer or experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and head back in a couple of weeks. Once I had the interviews schedule the process went very quickly. There were two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with a manager. Both interview were behavioral and neither included any technical questions. I was offer a position by the end of the week I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Mostly behavioral "tell me about a time when", "how did you handle this type of situation." Very conversational.   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DuPont.

Interview

There were 2 screening telephone interviews. Both of them asked about background information, technical and behavioral questions. Then they set up an on-site interview which lasted a day. I was asked to give a talk at the on-site interview, and meet with a few interview panels.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Really nice interviewers including a couple of scientists and a recruiter. Start with my own project and they quickly went over my research. Then introduce their requirement for this particular position and ask me specific questions like how to work with equipments. Then we have some casual talk about life style. In general, it's a comfortable interview but I did not move forward.

Interview Questions

• Try to explain why you think you are the one for this job.   Answer Question

R&D Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Durham, NC).

Interview

Called in after applying so long ago I had forgotten what I applied for. Face-face interview with 4 different people. Was also called in for second interview for a different position they thought I may be qualified for. No telephone interviews were done. Interviewed with several people from hiring group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They met my terms as far as salary. One negative after being hired. Did not know I was hired at entry level until after my first year.

Interview

Two on one at university. Typical interview questions.

First Line Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Star Model - Behavioral based questions that really do not pertain to the actual job duties

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. DuPont sticks to the script   Answer Question

Manufacturing Technology Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parlin, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DuPont (Parlin, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

Got the interview through a job search agency. Interviewed at DuPont in March 2014. The interview was a round robin style with 6 different interviewers. All the questions were behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were geared towards asking how one works in a team setting.   Answer Question

Statistical Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

University has a program with DuPont. Students submit their resumes. Some will be picked to be interviewed.
    Usually they ask some behavior questions and information on your resume. Not much technical questions.