DuPont Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2015

2.9

Senior Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at DuPont (New Orleans, LA) in April 2014.

Interview

i literally received a call from out of the blue. said they would like to fly me out etc. so i accepted. met with a very personalable individual for breakfast. said he would be my guide for the day. he stated we had talked before but i assure you we had not. in any case, we had a very interesting conversation on the way to the plant. we discussed his career path, mistakes he had made, higher level positions he held etc. he seemed very forth coming and honest and rather laid back. that could have been a ploy however. as a matter of fact, everyone seemed "nice" and therein may be the issue. in any case, i got surprised when he sprung some rather technical problems on me. came to find out they were problems he was currently working on with his engineers at the plant. so i really didnt want to help him too much for if i solved the problem, you got your problem solved for free, and im still looking stupid with no job! :) and it didnt end their. the guy i would be replacing tried some similar "tricks" etc honestly, everytime i interview with dupont they all seem rather sneaky and act like robots. just my .02. and they are notorious for pushing the "dupont name" as they really dont pay market rate for positions. and thats the truth. honestly i dont know if i would have accepted the position if offered it. i havent heard or seen anything from them since the on site interview. i will add that the hr assistant was very through in ensuring i received my reimbursement check, so that was a slight positive.

Interview Questions

• the technical problem he was working on with the other engineers on the site.   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist - DCDP Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

I was hired through the DuPont Commercial Development Plan that targets early career professionals for entry level sales and marketing positions. There was a phone interview with the director of the program, followed by in person interviews at the Hotel DuPont at their headquarters. There we had lunch and 2 separate interviews. They followed up 2 weeks later, email those rejected and call the ones that were accepted!

Interview Questions

• What are ways you can help the internal and external customers of a business? Give examples of how you were able to this with previous employer or experience.   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at DuPont in April 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume online and head back in a couple of weeks. Once I had the interviews schedule the process went very quickly. There were two phone interviews, one with the recruiter and one with a manager. Both interview were behavioral and neither included any technical questions. I was offer a position by the end of the week I interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Mostly behavioral "tell me about a time when", "how did you handle this type of situation." Very conversational.   Answer Question

Research Investigator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Wilmington, DE) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with a panel of four people. No personality type questions were asked. All questions were geared towards knowledge of analytical skills/techniques and specific examples of each.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you encountered a problem in method development   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at DuPont.

Interview

There were 2 screening telephone interviews. Both of them asked about background information, technical and behavioral questions. Then they set up an on-site interview which lasted a day. I was asked to give a talk at the on-site interview, and meet with a few interview panels.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Really nice interviewers including a couple of scientists and a recruiter. Start with my own project and they quickly went over my research. Then introduce their requirement for this particular position and ask me specific questions like how to work with equipments. Then we have some casual talk about life style. In general, it's a comfortable interview but I did not move forward.

Interview Questions

• Try to explain why you think you are the one for this job.   Answer Question

R&D Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at DuPont (Durham, NC).

Interview

Called in after applying so long ago I had forgotten what I applied for. Face-face interview with 4 different people. Was also called in for second interview for a different position they thought I may be qualified for. No telephone interviews were done. Interviewed with several people from hiring group.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They met my terms as far as salary. One negative after being hired. Did not know I was hired at entry level until after my first year.

Interview

Two on one at university. Typical interview questions.

First Line Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at DuPont.

Interview

Star Model - Behavioral based questions that really do not pertain to the actual job duties

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. DuPont sticks to the script   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at DuPont (Newark, DE) in March 2014.

Interview

normal process four people asked questions in turn, and they are very nice. they did not ask me too many tech questions, only basic stuff like, what is p-value, std dev, C.I., etc.